Target - Master Project Genesis CD Question

...and all CD issues goes here.
sovdat

Target - Master Project Genesis CD Question

Post by sovdat »

OK, to anyone who owns this CD, can you please compare yours to this scan?

Does it say ... and broadcast proibited or and broadcast prohibited on your copy? Is there a VERY GOOD bootleg floating around or were unsold stocks of it discovered?

oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

Okay,

I don´t have a scan of the original, but asked to someone who owns the original to compare:

proibited ------> on Original: prohibited

The place of the matrix is difference.

Also on the original you can see Kein Verleih.. Here it is without a space "Keinverleih"

The seller you bought from had more copies of it.
I am affraid you have a bootleg. Can you claim your money back or report it to Ebay?

Hopefully someone could up a scan of the original on this board.
Stormspell

Re: TARGET - MASTER PROJECT GENESIS CD QUESTION

Post by Stormspell »

This is definitely a bootleg. And this is not a matrix but just clever imprint on the CD. The matrix is embedded on the glass stamper and affects the silver layer so it is readable from both sides.

As I see your matrix is readable only from the top side, if you flip the CD from the playing side you cannot read it = FAKE!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

did you pay much for it ?

what a shit
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

stormspell wrote:This is definitely a bootleg. And this is not a matrix but just clever imprint on the CD. The matrix is embedded on the glass stamper and affects the silver layer so it is readable from both sides.

As I see your matrix is readable only from the top side, if you flip the CD from the playing side you cannot read it = FAKE!
No, it's seen from both sides. Also, as far as I remember the matrix area looks pretty much the same as it did on my Last Descendants CD - which was bought by a friend of mine back in cca. 1990 so it' was definitely original.

I'd like to see a picture of the one that should be 100% original!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I'd love to help but the part of my collection where my Target CD is is still at my parent's garage in Omaha... I dont think there was a black ring on the inner side of the matrix, but I may be wrong

Can you take a picture form the playing side of the CD for me please?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

oldskoolcollector wrote:The seller you bought from had more copies of it.
I am affraid you have a bootleg. Can you claim your money back or report it to Ebay?
my friend had an experience with such bootleg CD on ebay before. never file a paypal claim against bootleg CD. paypal will ask you for some evidences which are showing the CD is bootleg as like some documents from copyright owner. it is near impossible thing for indivisuals. (how can we receive such documents proving that is bootleg from Aaarrg Records, the band Target or something?) so if you want money back, it is better to file a claim against non-receipt parcel. yes, it is not good but as the seller tried to rip you off, now it is your turn. and don't forget to leave negative feedback for all other people.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

It was sent via registered airmail, so I don't think that I can do something here (if this is 100% a bootleg of course :))
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I strongly believe that it is a bootleg, all the CDs I've had from DADC Austria have different matrix markings (check your Shark Records or Cyclone CDs, they have splits or some kind of barcode looking thing and not just a plain matrix like that right?) I can't recall exactly as most of my CDs are long gone but that definitely does not look legitimate. Sorry for your misfortune but damn, these guys are getting good. Many people probably couldn't distinguish that from an orig.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Hmm, I just got the chance to view this thread now...

My copy also states "prohibited" spelled correctly.

I hope that the information I gave you before was of help.

I believe this is a bootleg as well.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Yes, same here with matrix codes, but as said, I believe that Last Descendants CD (101% original) had the same design.

Also, that black ring is more of a "optical deception", it doesn't look black in reality, perhaps these pics could help:

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:Yes, same here with matrix codes, but as said, I believe that Last Descendants CD (101% original) had the same design.
I don't know dude....

I've checked with several of my other "DADC Austria" CD's and they are all the same way. None of them look like that.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Reply from kreator72:

Hi Bo?tjan,

Long time no see !

Based on the scan,it looks absolutely the same as those I've sold before and the one I have at home write now.I also don't remember seeing bootlegs of this cd...do you have the matrix number ?

Cheers,
James
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

sovdat wrote:It was sent via registered airmail, so I don't think that I can do something here (if this is 100% a bootleg of course :))
cosigned with gigadeth. bootleg claim = bound to fail

you can claim for not getting it , registered airmail doesnt count as an evidence. only UPS or the like.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well