How much does XY LP / CD cost?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

DaN wrote:
The Knell wrote:worth of these LPs please

- Axe: "Offering" rather poor sleeve
- Axe: "Nemesis"
- Motörhead: "Bomber"
- Nightwing: "Black Summer" rather poor sleeve
- Trust: "Repression" (french version) rather poor sleeve
Um, hardly more than a few €'s each?
Guessed so thanks
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

perishinflames wrote:
sovdat wrote:Around $100 on ebay, but I think that Vuvr sold his for $170.
When was the last time it was on ebay? I've had it as a saved search for over 3 years and have never seen a copy. Also never seen it on any other sites or lists. And the fact that there is not even cover art anywhere online larger than 200 px speaks for the rarity as well.. Would think this one would be more expensive than your Targets, Vultures, etc. Was it released on cassette? Maybe that I could actually afford :)
when i bought my copy there were copies here and there all the time as i recall. bought my copy cheap. and that was some 3-4-5 years ago.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

About a year and a half ago I was bidding on one ... it went for a little over $90.
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

How much is a reasonable price for Karrier - Way Beyond the Night LP?

And more importantly, is it any good?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

oldskoolcollector wrote:
Detest Records wrote:Is this worth something:

LAAZ ROCKIT - Nothing$ $acred CD (Japanse press)
LAAZ ROCKIT - Live in Citta CD including OBI and backstage pass (Japan only release)
Probably both 50 USD, maybe when you lucky for Live in Citta more on Ebay.
I can be wrong, but from what i saw (and bought myself) the japaneese pressing of Nothing$ $acred is worth much less than 50$. I'd say its in the 18 - 22 $ bracket with just the poster, without OBI. I must confess I don't remember/know how much more can the CD be worth with OBI, but I suppose that not more than 30$.

Actually I think that the regular Roadracer pressing seems to be harder to get and worth more...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I sold mine (Nothing's Sacred without OBI and with poster) for 25$.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Anyone ever seen BLACKLYST - Liars, Killers, and Master Thieves original demo tape for sale and any ideas what price it may fetch?

I'm talking about the original pro-printed tape the band released with silk-screened tape and massive 12-panel J-card.

Here's an ugly picture taken with my cellphone:

Heathen

Post by Heathen »

How much do you think this CD is worth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0415851696

As you can see nobody bothered to bid 300$ for this which I think is kind of strange. I remember when this showed up on eBay about a year ago and there were all sorts of stories flying everywhere about this CD. That it shows on eBay once in a lifetime ;) That there are only a few copies worldwide. That it's gonna reach thousands of EUR. That this is a holy grail of all scandinavian metal collectors. That one guy from Hungary event went to Iceland in search of this gem, but he found nothing. That one guy sold dozens of ultra rare items only to have cash for Sororcide (that I saw with my own eyes). I dont remember how much exactly it then sold for, but it was about 1000 EUR. And no offers of 300$ ?
Last edited by Heathen on Sun May 10, 2009 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Oh well, the only way to figure it out would be to relist it at $0.99 starting bid and see for how much it will sell. I'll bid $10, eventhough I doubt I'd like the music at all :D
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

pan_Heathen wrote:How much do you think this CD is worth:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0415851696

As you can see nobody bothered to bid 300$ for this which I think is kind of strange. I remember when this showed up on eBay about a year ago and there were all sorts of stories flying everywhere about this CD. That it shows on eBay once in a lifetime ;) That there are only a few copies worldwide. That it's gonna reach thousands of EUR. That this is a holy grail of all scandinavian metal collectors. That one guy from Hungary event went to Iceland in search of this gem, but he found nothing. That one guy sold dozens of ultra rare items only to have cash for Sororcide (that I saw with my own eyes). I dont remember how much exactly it then sold for, but it was about 1000 EUR. And no offers of 300$ ?
Actually, emperor.zola found a bunch of copies of that Sororicide CD in Iceland, but after that one went for $1000 on ebay. If I remember correctly he said that he had to pay around $200-$300 for a copy. He later sold on of them on ebay for 1500 GBP (!) (best offer - I believe that the original buy it now price was 3000 GBP).

There's been a bunch of copies on ebay after that, not long ago thrash_baby bought one for $400.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I see, so the value of the CD dropped heavily because of it's increased availability. Usually prices of OOP CDs are only getting higher as years go by, but this time it looks like waiting for the price to drop was the thing to do and some people heavily overpaid.
humus

Post by humus »

I've always thought that some people artificially hyped that CD and sold for crazy prices to themselves to sell their own copies for more. Nough said.
I have an old zine with Sororicide interview. $1000 and it's yours.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Maxx Warrior : s/t EP US Metal pressing ?
we're eat babies flesh
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

The Knell wrote:Maxx Warrior : s/t EP US Metal pressing ?
15-20€
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
The Knell wrote:Maxx Warrior : s/t EP US Metal pressing ?
15-20€
OK that's what I paid
we're eat babies flesh