Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

gigadeth wrote:
i know well some chinese ebay sellers are selling japanese CD on ebay. but i don't think they are bootleg. first, most of them is not rare. so it is not good idea to make bootleg of them, you know. as they are not rare, it is easy to get them for reasonable price. some of them are selling some rare japanese CDs, but you know many chinese guys used to buy many CDs from ebay, and some chinese guys (including me) used to go to japan to buy cds. so it is not strange they sell some rare items on ebay.

china has a lot of people. :D
Thanks for the info, peng you.

Yep I think I will buy from the Chinese sellers if I happen to find my wants in their listings. Y'know, their auctions usually end in lower final prices as compare to those reputable Jap sellers. :wink:
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

sovdat wrote:Apparently this is a reissue. Original doesn't have the barcode.
if it is reissue, do you know the release year of reissue?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

No.
humus

Post by humus »

perishinflames wrote:
oldskoolcollector wrote:
perishinflames wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0415845477

:shock: I should have bid on this, if only to resell. There is no bootleg copy floating around, is there (I assume if there was it would show up more often)?
The last few weeks many copies came around on E-bay. Maybe the first bootlegs??
Hmmm.. you are right, way too many copies showing up within a 2 week period. Though 2 of the completed were definitely legit, and still went for less than normal price. But it definitely appears a bootlegger got their hands on a copy finally. But I'm happy enough with my €5 LP, so not really worried.
Well, as some of you remember at the end of last year a Greek guy bought my Target CD + Vulture CD for a high price, then resold them quickly after for a lower price. People thought it was to make bootlegs. Maybe now he did bootleg the Target in the end? Just brainstorming here...
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

humus wrote:
perishinflames wrote:
oldskoolcollector wrote:
The last few weeks many copies came around on E-bay. Maybe the first bootlegs??
Hmmm.. you are right, way too many copies showing up within a 2 week period. Though 2 of the completed were definitely legit, and still went for less than normal price. But it definitely appears a bootlegger got their hands on a copy finally. But I'm happy enough with my €5 LP, so not really worried.
Well, as some of you remember at the end of last year a Greek guy bought my Target CD + Vulture CD for a high price, then resold them quickly after for a lower price. People thought it was to make bootlegs. Maybe now he did bootleg the Target in the end? Just brainstorming here...
I am affraid for it. I just asked a seller about the Matrix number. He told me this number is PILZ CD AAARRG-16 11, and that is correct. BUT he told me that he can not confirm that it is 100 % the original pressing. (I told him that I can compare it with my own original Target CD to put a bit of pressure on him).
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

gigadeth wrote:
sovdat wrote:Apparently this is a reissue. Original doesn't have the barcode.
if it is reissue, do you know the release year of reissue?
Supposedly 2006, though the catalog number of the reissue is IB-349, not IZ-349 as in the pricekillers auction. And the disc in this auction does not look like a newly pressed disc (those little "flashy lines" in the matrix when you take a photo aren't present on newer CDs). Perhaps there were two pressings of the original, 1st w/o barcode, 2nd with?
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

thats gotta be a 2nd pressing of the original or something, it definitely isnt from the 2000s.
my cd copy looks exactly like the one without a barcode and the inserts smell ancient. I've seen pics of the 06 issue before the cd looks a lot different and the cover looks like a bad photocopy
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

sovdat wrote:Not the nicest thing to hear rumors about Target bootleg as I just bought a spare copy for a decent price in order to trade it, but honestly I don't think that there is a bootleg copy - it was always present on ebay and the sellers who sold the last few copies aren't your ordinary bootleg names from ordinary places, but some xyz sellers or for example people like gojira_31, who definitely had the original.

I'll let you know how my copy looks like when it arrives.
I bought my personal copy from gunmann.
Hi All,

Please look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.pl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0373703368
http://cgi.ebay.pl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0346869666

Different sellers, identical description. And there were more listings like that, four at least, but i think more. A good search on Ebay should uncover those. It looks like one guy uses different accounts to sell... well I don't know what, but I suppose a bootleg copy. There is definetly something going on.

edit:

Found two more:

http://cgi.ebay.pl/TARGET-MASTER-PROJEC ... 1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.pl/TARGET-MASTER-PROJEC ... .m63.l1177
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Well I think it's safe to assume that there is a bootleg of Target now!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
humus

Post by humus »

No doubt. Oldschoolkollektor will be able to compare the original with the bootleg. Hopefully there will be a difference or all you owners of the original will be fucked...
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

uh, i wan't this one so much... but... 130$ and 0 feed... :?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Pan_Heathen: I bought the last one from your list in order to trade it for something as I already have a copy ... I hope for the best :)

That's how my SU TA GAR looks from the back:

SideShow

Post by SideShow »

®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

sovdat wrote:
That's how my SU TA GAR looks from the back:

my copies of both - original (i hope) and recent reissue:

interesting detail on reissued cover:

:wink:
Last edited by ®O©O on Thu May 07, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

SideShow wrote:Had my second "insane" auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SA:US:1123
Not too shabby. Noticed though that a lot of yours are not going for too much, wonder why that is? Normally when someone lists that many rare CDs at once they go for astronomical prices. Maybe you sold at the wrong time, last fall I got a lot of crazy bidders (though caradepichi bought most of my real rares off-ebay), they seem to be a bit more conservative nowadays.. I was expecting to see some pricekillers-level nuts bids on more of your stuff.