Italian metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote: Early, pure metal with a heavy NWOBHM influence
It's early IRON MAIDEN basically.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

ION BRITTON wrote:
True, lots of MAIDEN influence, but I wouldn`t call it a simple rip-off. Hope you enjoy that album as much as I do. I think it's a classic and a very special album.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I love italian metal! One of my favourite scenes.

Berserks, Black Hole, Danger Zone, Dark Quarterer, Death SS, Paul Chain, Black Hole, Mortuary Drape, Spitfire, Shining Blade, Steel Crown, Rollerball, Halloween, Run After To, Exile (the one from Verona), Acido, Astaroth, Bulldozer, Crying Steel, Sacrilege, Brightlights, Airspeed, Lord Crucifier just to name "few" Italian bands I like.

Everyone seem to recommend DANGER ZONE when you want to introduce someone to italian metal or the more obscure side of metal in general. It took me very long to really get into the band and I still don't love 'em as much as most of you. Actually it was only the song "Victim Of Time" I got into on first listen!
Last edited by The Erlking on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
True, lots of MAIDEN influence, but I wouldn`t call it a simple rip-off. Hope you enjoy that album as much as I do. I think it's a classic and a very special album.
Killer album and not really your standard rip-off band. "Sky" and "My life is hard rock" are immortal tracks.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
Killer album and not really your standard rip-off band. "Sky" and "My life is hard rock" are immortal tracks.
I know that some of you might think I'm exaggerating but BERSERKS could be even the best or dearest italian hm album for me. Well maybe after "In Death of Steve Sylvester".

But how could I forgot to mention STRANA OFFICINA! Argh!
Last edited by The Erlking on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I'm afraid i cannot recommend anything from average bands like CRYING STEEL, STEEL CROWN, ASTAROTH or HALLOWED. Especially HALLOWED's album which is really a piece of shit.
Last edited by ION BRITTON on Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

The Erlking wrote: Everyone seem to recommend DANGER ZONE when you want to introduce someone to italian metal or the more obscure side of metal in general.
Jesus, this one is more a introduction to bankruptsy! Do you now how much the record dealers here charge for that one? :shock:
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Haven't heard Hallowed and can understand calling Steel Crown average but seriously Astaroth and Crying Steel? The Long Loud Silence Mini-LP by Astaroth and self-titled ep from Crying Steel are damn good imo!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Erlking wrote:The Long Loud Silence Mini-LP by Astaroth and self-titled ep from Crying Steel are damn good imo!
CRYING STEEL is the definition of average imo. Never understood why some people were praising them. Average songs, average vocals, not very powerful etc

ASTAROTH were slightly better, but again there were dozens of bands that played better than them, what's to recommend about them really?

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet and i can recommend though is the crushing 7'' of BLOODY SKIZZ :)

omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

ION BRITTON wrote:Something that hasn't been mentioned yet and i can recommend though is the crushing 7'' of BLOODY SKIZZ :)
Yes, I forgot one of the brightest piece of Italian steel, what a shame !

About ASTAROTH, I know there's nothing special in their Ep, but I can't explain why it's in my Italian top 5 !
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I don't know.. Maybe it's more the little and subtle things I like about these two bands but I don't think that for example Ivory Stages by CRYING STEEL lacks any power. I'm not trying to convince anyone that they are TOP STUFF but I've seen people enjoying much worse nwobhm singles for example.
Ok, now I feel like I'm becoming the next Fucking Åmål here :lol:

Haven't heard BLOODY SKIZZ. Can you describe their sound a little?
msp

Post by msp »

Has anyone mentioned Rhapsody yet????? :lol:
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

msp wrote:Has anyone mentioned Rhapsody yet????? :lol:
Do you mean RHAPSODY OF FIRE ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Ok, now I feel like I'm becoming the next Fucking Åmål here :lol:
:lol: but you've got a loooong way to go....
Haven't heard BLOODY SKIZZ. Can you describe their sound a little?
Epic heavy metal, as simple as that. Check the link in Poisonoise and let me know...