Need info on some records (OLD'n'LOCKED)

...and all CD issues goes here.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

snaps666 wrote: But will try out your method as well - to me it just sound "dangerous" to use chemicals/alcohol on printed matter?
At least dont use nail polish extinguisher
On certain covers, this can lead to burn away or severely bleach the colors / print especially those without thick lamination layer
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Fils Du Metal wrote:
Bumping this:
DaN wrote:
How many vinyl pressings exists of DEATH SS' "Black Mass"? The 1st one should come with a fold-out cover, right? My copy is a "normal" one w/ lyric innersleeve.

Now I have the opportunity to get a fold-out version, but can I be sure it's the 1st press? Or are there several pressings w/ fold-out?
First press has gatefold. Second (I think bootleg) press has none. QUite easy gatefold is always original...
Thanx for the info. I've picked up the original now. Funny, that non-FOC version looks really obscure once you put them next to eachother. It has some minor differences in the cover art and it's printed on this matte paper. It still carries one of these typical little stickers you find on almost all italian records - which I always thought was some sort of "not-a-bootleg-guarantee".
Keir

Post by Keir »

Heathens Rage - is it from 1984 or 86?
oldskoolcollector

Post by oldskoolcollector »

Keir wrote:Heathens Rage - is it from 1984 or 86?
LP was printed in 1986.
Keir

Post by Keir »

OK, is that what it says on the record? Metal-archives and nolifetilmetal.com both say 84 so that's why I was wondering.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Keir wrote:OK, is that what it says on the record? Metal-archives and nolifetilmetal.com both say 84 so that's why I was wondering.
I've noticed MA has other items listed as older than they should be. Whenever I've submitted a correction, it never gets done- another reason I don't bother contributing to that site anymore. I wonder if people sometimes submit incorrect, earlier dates to make certain items seem rarer/older and thus more valuable.[/i]
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Keir

Post by Keir »

Yeah I stopped contributing to MA a while ago for the same reasons. However, the guy who runs nolifetilmetal was actually friends with at least one of the band members, and therefore seems fairly trustworthy. The following quote from his page would also indicate that it couldn't have been released later than 1985:
Heathens Rage released the 3 song EP pictured above in 1984 on Rock Dreams Records . Rock Dreams was a local record store that specialized in heavy metal. (Tony's best friend worked at Rock Dreams at the time.) I think this EP was either their first or second attempt at starting their own record company.

The lineup changed after the release of the record and Tony and Bob left. Tony joined a band called Drunken Angel who released one demo. After Tony and Bob left, Heathens Rage recorded a four song demo tape with a new singer before Rob Warner split the band up to form Warner. Tony Lee later formed a band in NYC called Railroad Jerks that have released several albums over the years..

Tony Lee was a close friend of mine throughout high school until I moved away to go to college in late 1985. He and I went to many concerts together back then and I never missed a Heathen's Rage show. (Caught quite a few practices down in the basement as well.)
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

I'm with oldskoolcollector on this. Don't think I have ever heard 1984 before, only 1986.
oldskoolcollector

I own the original on Rock Dreams and have it for sale. But it is definitely printed in 1986.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Picture for proof:

Second picture to make sure.

The love in his eyes...
Keir

Post by Keir »

:lol:

OK, thanks for clearing that up.
oldskoolcollector

You have the same problem with your Heathens rage as my. Your cover has also the slighty circle in it...
GJ

Post by GJ »

oldskoolcollector wrote:You have the same problem with your Heathens rage as my. Your cover has also the slighty circle in it...
Except I don't have a problem with it! :D

(it cost me about 4 € some ten or twelve years ago...)

Come to think about it. 1972 must be the perfect year to be born for a Heavy Metal collector. Too young to build a record collection in the years 1980-85... but old enough to develop a desperate hunger for the stuff. Then in 89-92 the music you love is becoming increasingly loathed world-wide (except in Greece?) and you could spend the next ten or so years picking up the stuff you had missed at first cheap in second hand stores.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

oldskoolcollector wrote:You have the same problem with your Heathens rage as my. Your cover has also the slighty circle in it...
Ringwear?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=211915

Does someone have this Kuster 7"?
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well