Russian Metal Recomendations

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Pautina weren't Thrash, were they? Just useless melodic HR as I remember it.
CHERNOE DELO killer rock, psych, metal
2nd'ed! Awesome band. Their demo/tape album can be downloaded here:
http://metalrus.ru/plug-e-files-c-chern ... _1985.html

ooh: Were these LPs/CDs or just recordings on a "tape trading" list? If the later you should check out PERRON, KRATER and HRYSTALNYI SHAR just for scientific reasons.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

DaN wrote: ooh: Were these LPs/CDs or just recordings on a "tape trading" list? If the later you should check out PERRON, KRATER and HRYSTALNYI SHAR just for scientific reasons.
Will check them, then.
They're just recordings on a trading-list.
commando lightning

Post by commando lightning »

Kelly wrote:Anyone heard 'Kruiz'? I've heard one song long time ago, I think it was called 'In Flames', and it sounded pretty good..worth looking for?
kruiz is great , love their stuff
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Omen, I'm listening to Krater Now. It's really solid NWOBHM-sounding stuff. Powerful and melodic. Go for it!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Destrozer wrote:Omen, I'm listening to Krater Now. It's really solid NWOBHM-sounding stuff. Powerful and melodic. Go for it!
Which KRATER tape have you heard ? I've listened to one (I'll check the release date this evening at home) and it's a kind of ska with weird elecronic effects.

I've checked HRYSTALNYI SHAR this week-end, they sound a like RAINBOW, URIAH HEEP, not bad, but nothing outstanding.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

This Krater was from Odessa (now Ukraine) and the album is from 1988. It's called "Izverzhenya Mest'". Really good stuff, actually.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks for the tip !!
mckagan

Post by mckagan »

hello guys
I'm from Russia

If you have any questions - I will try for an opportunity to respond

Whta I can say about russian metal scene?
mmmm.... I love melodic hard rock/melodic heavy metal, not thrash/death, therefore I can tell only about bands played in this genres

1. GALAXY (Galaxy Group/Galaktika / Галактика) - my best band.... sound similar US\European bands late 80's as Dokken but heaviest. The band recorded also some albums\EP before the release of his English-language album in 1990
By the way band recorded second English-language album in 1993, but never released. I have 8 demo-tracks from this and also all official albums. Therefore I can upload songs for you, no problem

mckagan

Post by mckagan »

2. Second very nice band called Monomakh (Мономах). It's christian hard rock/melodic heavy metal band , recorded 2 albums: in 1990 and 1993.

Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

@mckagan:
Cheers for the pics. I like the 1st GALAXY lp alot! Their 2nd = too much aor for me I'm afraid. Desperately searching for their 7" btw..

Monomakh were great too, though sometimes a bit too wimpy. Got both the 7" and 1st LP. How's the '93 album?
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

DaN wrote:
Monomakh were great too, though sometimes a bit too wimpy. Got both the 7" and 1st LP. How's the '93 album?
Check the Old Soviet metal thread, you can find it there.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Some early Korrozia Metalla photos I found at Metalrus:

Vinny Black

Post by Vinny Black »

Hm, great pictures. How does AVGUST(or what the &%¤# they're called)sound? EUROPE or SODOM?
"My music is not modern, it is merely badly played." Arnold Schönberg 1874-1951
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Vinny Black wrote:Hm, great pictures.
Understatement of the year? TURBO-amazing more like it! :lol: ...and who would have guessed Tomas from HELVETETS PORT had an earlier career as vocalist for KM?
How does AVGUST(or what the &%¤# they're called)sound? EUROPE or SODOM?
The debut (1 guy flexing his muscles) is kinda crude HR/HM, but the follow-up (band-pic) is great. I guess they could be described as a more lightweight but still good ARIA. You should find both of them cheap at the Nostaligipalatset store in Sthlm for easy listenin'..