1001 reasons why Heavy Metal rules:

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

397. Whatever language the lyrics are in and no matter how little you understand, heavy metal songs can still be great.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

398. Loving bands who sing in languages you don't know anything about and making up with alternate pronunciations when talking about them with some friends or "singing along".
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

399. King Diamond karaoke!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

400. Even if you're not die hard collector,by accident can catch Metallic Holy Grail LP/EP on local store.
Helm

Post by Helm »

401. Odd guitar distortion tone like in Manilla Road or Cirith Ungol, before uniform production took over.
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

Denim jackets with lots of patches - customized worship

Looking up dictionaries for various words in Carcass songs

Dan Seagrave covers - so mysterious and creepy, otherworldly and amazing (ok not Metal but a part of the overall aesthetic I guess)

A good, epic Metal song should be like a great book - once it's over, there is a feeling of loss, like a friend has gone away and you just need to listen to it again and again
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:404

Dan Seagrave covers - so mysterious and creepy, otherworldly and amazing (ok not Metal but a part of the overall aesthetic I guess)
406. For the Lawnmower Deth/Metal Duck-Mower Liberation Front/Quack Em All vinyl artwork alone!!!!!!!!!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

407- driving a family friend crazy by asking her for Bolt Thrower's 'Realms of Chaos' cD for three straight Christmases while the cd was out of print

408- the look on my aunt's face when I asked her for a copy of Napalm Death's 'death by manipulation' cd for christmas back around 1990 (she got me the Rolling Stones instead :( )

409- My students' reaction when I use Nuclear Assault and Megadeth album covers during my lectures on radioactivity & nuclear materials

410- the mere fact that an album entitled 'RRROOOAAAARRR!!!!' exists
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
hload

Post by hload »

411. no lyrix for this album. feel it. otherwise visit the nearest bookstore.

412. "krakatau" track for the best lyrix ever written, ouch....
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

nightsblood wrote:
DaN wrote:I see nothing wrong with "emotionally deep" reasons. The whole wide spectra of Heavy Metal Worship should be covered. Besides, is there a luuuuw more true that this?

That saxophone thing deserves some dissection though. Stay tuned..
THANK YOU! :)

If God wanted brass in a metal band, he would have made metal drum sticks :)
Never a truer word said in jest:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5179237.html

:lol:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

LOL
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

413. Jim Sadist's thanks lists
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

414. The fact that lousy, constantly out of tune vocalists (like the first Gotham City one or Black Hole's) can still be perfect for certain determinate sound.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Cochino wrote:414. The fact that lousy, constantly out of tune vocalists (like the first Gotham City one or Black Hole's) can still be perfect for certain determinate sound.
Spot on. Add to that

415. How people who can hardly play their instruments and don't really know what they're doing can actually, by design or coincidence, produce great sounding metal
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

great_knuthulhu wrote: Spot on. Add to that

415. How people who can hardly play their instruments and don't really know what they're doing can actually, by design or coincidence, produce great sounding metal
See Kuster, Thrash Queen, Overdeth etc etc 8)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart