Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
boris

Post by boris »

Avenger wrote:
That's pretty surprising based on the fact that the second auction was from pricekillers...
they are both no the same level. Drgoon_jpn usually brings in stuff I've been looking for for a few years ... it happens every time ...
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

boris wrote:
Avenger wrote:
That's pretty surprising based on the fact that the second auction was from pricekillers...
they are both no the same level. Drgoon_jpn usually brings in stuff I've been looking for for a few years ... it happens every time ...
it is because you may be NWOBHM or hard rock collector. drgoon_jpn is one of good hard rock sellers. so most of his buyers is also hard rock collectors than thrash / death collectors. so his Morbid Saint CD was sold for low price :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0011801610

the price is lower than the cheap reissue version the seller kreator72 sold. :D

one of good thrash / death sellers, thallos81, also could not sell the CD even for $49.99 :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0277753421

it seems WITCHFYNDE CD is not wanted highly any more for thrash / death collectors. :shock:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

damn...that Witchfynde Japan CD looks very nice
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

The last pricekillers Morbid Saint CD went for cca $130 (I was the 2nd highest bidder for the 50th time I suppose), but the one before that went for something less than $100 - it was bought by randomcoils / thallos, who later sold it for around $130. Unfortunately I didn't have any money this time (dragon) ... or I might have gotten it at last ;)

And that Chastain went for only cca $115, while the only other copy I ever saw (on yahoo Japan, also without OBI) had a starting price tag at cca 20.000 Yen (which was about $200 then if I'm not mistaken) ...

Original Angel Dust - To Dust You Will Decay was sold for 60 EUR on German ebay few days ago - the last few from ebay.com all went in the $180 - $250 ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:And that Chastain went for only cca $115, while the only other copy I ever saw (on yahoo Japan, also without OBI) had a starting price tag at cca 20.000 Yen (which was about $200 then if I'm not mistaken) ...
If I liked that band I could have had the CD for $45.00 US.

It originally had that as a "Buy It Now" but some idiot decided to bid instead and the price ended at $115.00 US.

I knew that would happen...

I always get confused as to which of the Chastain CD's you are looking for as I could have bought the damn thing for you.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I am looking for Ruler of the Wasteland on FEMS (1990) with OBI or without, let me know if you come across with it :)
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

About the $45 buy it now price: It's the first bidder's fault that he put a bid instead buying it - he probably didn't know how insanely rare this CD is, or didn't want to spend $45 on any CD or perhaps he just wasn't into Chastain. I wouldn't have even seen this auction if it wasn't for this thread - but you can bet that I'd buy it the first second I'd saw it for $45 ... if I had the money of course on my credit card :)
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

man i was sooo in bad mood whan i seen that.. i even asked seller
for some price... but no, so i bought Stone japan press... miserable...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:About the $45 buy it now price: It's the first bidder's fault that he put a bid instead buying it - he probably didn't know how insanely rare this CD is, or didn't want to spend $45 on any CD or perhaps he just wasn't into Chastain. I wouldn't have even seen this auction if it wasn't for this thread - but you can bet that I'd buy it the first second I'd saw it for $45 ... if I had the money of course on my credit card :)
I'm aware...

Either way, the first bidder is a dumbass, haha...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
msp

Post by msp »

This seller is having a laugh

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PURTENANCE-Member ... 240%3A1318

I got this for like £10

Count me in for this one as well...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SORORICIDE-the-en ... 240%3A1318
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
peterott

Post by peterott »

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

peterott wrote:The CD-version is again in too:

http://cgi.ebay.de/SORORICIDE-the-entit ... 0311293487
Of course I will send this cd by REGISTERED (AIR)MAIL. The postage and packing costs and insurance are for me!!!!!! FREE SHIPPING!!!!
I have to admit that the guy's quite generous.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

All this craziness over some crappy death metal album... Never been impressed by Sororicide, and it's beyond me how anyone would want it badly enough to drop that kind of coin. Rarity should not be that important over quality, I wouldn't pay $3500 for Slayer's Show No Mercy if only 10 copies existed!
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

®O©O wrote:man i was sooo in bad mood whan i seen that.. i even asked seller
for some price... but no, so i bought Stone japan press... miserable...
Does that mean your vinyl is available? :wink: