Hårdrock på Svenska

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Here's another bunch of frightfully obscure Swedish singles from the years 1976-1981. Half of them are in Swedish and most of them fall into the cathegory of Hard Rock/proto-FWOSHM. Some are rather punky, some come with ABYSSMAL B-sides, not all of them are brilliant, but I still consider all of them charming in one way or the other.

U get: ARMATUR, ARROWS, BARRELHOUSE, CRUT, GÖRAN NORDH (pre-GLORY BELLS), H2O, ROCKSET, ROTEROCK, TRAZER, ZANE and ZEIT:
http://rapidshare.com/files/137846774/r ... s.rar.html

Edit: If any song encompasses the spirit of this upload it's probably ARMATUR's "Mr X" 8)
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks a ton for all these !!
Feedback in a few days ...
Stark

Post by Stark »

Cool! "I'm A Viking" later appeared on the Glory Bell's Band album. Had no idea he recorded it as a solo single. Man, his English is horrible. "I Am A Wiking" (sic), geeez...
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

This is really cool. I'm downloading right now, so I don't know how good this batch is, but all these early 80s Swedish metal songs are always interesting. Thanks.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
jman

Post by jman »

the first Zane song is killer, reminds me "Symptom of the Universe" as performed by deranged hawkwind fans.
Thanks for uploading this.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

AT LAST! :D
Ever since I first saw it at Yasu's/LWR's webpage I've been searching like possessed for this mysterious slab of vinyl, and now it's finally in my hand.

My doG! 1st of all it's the best "White Metal" I've ever heard from Sweden (well, there's VICTIM, but they're kinda hard to compare to anything really..). Secondly it's also some of best Metal sung in Swedish out there, almost as great as JONAH QUIZZ and definitely in the same league as ONYX and NATTSVART. Sounds like? Well, early (DiAnno) MAIDEN is the most obvious comparison, blended w/ prime-era FWOSHM like JQ, SERGEANT, KEEN HUE (single), early SILVER MOUNTAIN etc...

Etc.. Here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/159089963/R ... 7___83.rar
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

DaN wrote:AT LAST! :D
Ever since I first saw it at Yasu's/LWR's webpage I've been searching like possessed for this mysterious slab of vinyl, and now it's finally in my hand.

My doG! 1st of all it's the best "White Metal" I've ever heard from Sweden (well, there's VICTIM, but they're kinda hard to compare to anything really..). Secondly it's also some of best Metal sung in Swedish out there, almost as great as JONAH QUIZZ and definitely in the same league as ONYX and NATTSVART. Sounds like? Well, early (DiAnno) MAIDEN is the most obvious comparison, blended w/ prime-era FWOSHM like JQ, SERGEANT, KEEN HUE (single), early SILVER MOUNTAIN etc...

Etc.. Here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/159089963/R ... 7___83.rar
Is this what you want to trade me?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

JonahQuizz wrote:Is this what you want to trade me?
One of the items, yes.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Is this the one you wanna trade me too? Haha.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

REFLEX 7'' was one of the best I have heard in AGES!!! Holy.. Hell.

It would fit together with my Victim 7'' in the collection.. :lol:
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

Diod is so good I don't even know what to say. The A-side on the other hand was not as great.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

First I tried to track down the band, but it proved impossible since the back cover only gave the very common first names of the members. When I finally got hold of the old label-owner, not even he remembered where they came from; "...but they were definitely not from around here".

..But yes, I got the last handful of copies from him and have already made some vague offers + "attached names" to most of them. Unfortunately not all of them were mint/unplayed, so start bitchfightin', bithes!
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

DaN wrote:First I tried to track down the band, but it proved impossible since the back cover only gave the very common first names of the members. When I finally got hold of the old label-owner, not even he remembered where they came from; "...but they were definitely not from around here".

..But yes, I got the last handful of copies from him and have already made some vague offers + "attached names" to most of them. Unfortunately not all of them were mint/unplayed, so start bitchfightin', bithes!
You know what I have to offer.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I pretty much say the same, I want it in as good condition as possible, haha. Strike me a call or something in the weekend and we can work something out.
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

This is so good I might actually become a christian myself