CRAP or MEDIOCRE known or well known only Bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote: My thoughts exactly, although I must stress once again that calling a band "overrated" is NOT the same thing as calling it crap. Critique and debate about Metal is important, but it should be well argued.
Well, i want to believe that it IS generally allowed to use the word "crap" for every band, metal or not, even if it's the other one's absolute favorite. Just don't forget to justify your thesis and put that common but still important 'In My Opinion' in the beginning or in the end of your statement. It will definitely help the development of the discussion.

"SATANS HOST are the most pathetic band in the world. Total Shit. Only a fool would have liked Metal From Hell"
"SATANS HOST's LP is crap because i have never heard such a fucked up production before and a well-done production is the most important thing for me in a metal album"

You can see crearly the difference.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

OK a hatelist was called for -so here's mine.....(Believe it or not ,I actually agree with whoever said we should avoid these kind of "hate" threads -but they're like a red rag to a bitter old curmudgeon like me. A moth to the flame I am :lol: )

Pantera - goes without saying , so many reasons to hate them , they introduced more idiots into Metal than even Metallica , their macho-jock-gonna fuck you up-leave me alone -one day I'm gonna snap-tribal tattooed bullshit attitude has absolutely NOTHING to do with the REAL spirit of Metal , they completely deny their past - musically they were crap -fifth rate Exhorder rip -off with boring riffs a horrible sound and Scumbag's solos were patently awful.

Anthrax - Made ONE good-awesome in fact- album - Joey Belladonna belonged in Journey & John Bush shoulda stayed with Armored Saint ,boring as they come ,Scott Ian is a money grubbing wannabe celebrity wanker more intent on mocking 80's Metal on VH1 or being a reality tv star then writing decent Metal -and above all they started the "it's cool for Metalheads to like rap" bullshit.DIE!!! :evil:

Post To Mega Therion Celtic Frost - IMO ,Into the Pandemonium is responsible for all the avant garde experimental bullshit that has infected Metal since and appeals to try-hard intellectual fuckheads who are secretly embarrassed about being Metalheads. Tom G.Warrior/Fischer is just a tosser now -don't forget Mindfunk & Appolyon Sun

Post -Nightside Emperor - Pretentious bullshit ,Isahn should stick to be a second rate Quorthon clone instead of his delusions of being the the re-incarnation of Wagner -and trying to get the Terrorizer staff writers to suck his cock. "Groundbreaking" ,my shiny Metal arse! :evil:

95% of contemporary Black Metal - er -um - hate to interupt your corpse painted circle jerk ,kiddies ,but WHERE'S THE FUCKING METAL ?? The very small handful of BM bands that actually remember to add the Metal are usually the only ones worth listening to.

Brutal Death Metal (Skinless ,Mortician ,Dying Fetus , Nile ,Hate Eternal etc.)- Soulless blast beat bollocks ,show off crap & cheap shock value aimed at dumb arse teens -again ,IMO ,nothing to do with Metal

Over-hyped barely Metal shit like Mastodon ,High On Fire ,The Sword and pretty much most of the Relapse , Nuclear Arse & Century Mediocre rosters - you and your band too can get famous if your label saturates all the major shitrags with advertising and bribes the "journalists" to lavish praise on your shitty records.

Flower Metal - idiotic over produced uninspired crap that sounds like nursery rhymes for aspiring homosexuals.

Opeth - how this most ordinary and boring of bands gets so much attention just defies belief.

Bands that are constantly associated with Metal yet have nothing to do with it like Ministry ,Converge ,Tool & Sunn 0))) - complete faggotry mainly listened to by middle class tossers who think they're smarter than the average Metalhead. Fuck Off -I got into Metal to get away from this kind of shit and the kind of wankers who listen to it.

Post-Ride Metallica - apart from the fact that MOP is probably the most overrated album in the history of Metal - this band surely is too , there's just so much to hate , Lars , The Black album , The "we're not Metal" proclamations that accompanied the Load disasters , The antics in Some Kind of Monster , Napster , Pandering to the mallcore crowd ,their dumbarse comments slagging off 70's rock -before going and copying it ,St.Inker ,the moronic legions of "Metalli-fans" -most of whom are just complete half-wits who rarely even listen to any other Metal bands -I could go on forever.... :lol:

My Dying Shite - Queer Goth Crap for self - absorbed cry babys and psuedo-intellectual fags -Not remotely Metal ,Doom or Heterosexual.

Post Def Jam Slayer - RIB is almost as overrated as MOP - SOH was actally better album as far as I'm concerned (not THAT great ,but I enjoyed it) , SITA was as boring as fuck and from Divine Intervention onwards they've just been complete and utter crap.

Ok that's the negativity out of my system for now , I should be good for a while.:roll:
odin

Post by odin »

Your aussie slang is annoying, you sound just as bad as the posers you are trying to talk about.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Aussie slang ? :?
Obviously you've taken a leaf out of that banned guys book and mistaken this thread for "let's slag off people's nationalities" topic -or your apparently simple mind can't come to grips with the fact that this is a thread about what bands people hate.

Either way ,you're an idiot. If you don't agree with what I said - I don't really give a shit ,but don't start getting personal and making shit up about "Aussie slang" or whatever off the top of your head ,because I've obviously used some words you couldn't comprehend -none of which to my knowledge were uniquely Australian.
odin

Post by odin »

Typical aussie/british slang bullshit,I can understand it just fine, but I don't want to see those annoying words on my screen, I'm sure you've been banned from other forums for being an annoying "cunt" as I've saw here.
Last edited by odin on Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Well I'm sorry I wasn't "eloquent" enough for the likes of you ,squire. I'll try to talk like a dumbfuck yank next time. Who are you -the self appointed keeper of board ettiquette and grammatical standards? Do you make a habit of taking it upon yourself to screen every new member? You agreed with most of what I said but instead of saying that or just keeping quiet -you felt the need to jump on me for the way I said it and criticise "Aussie slang" that I never used. Do you often go around chastising people who have the same opinions as you ? Seriously ,what sort of dickhead are you ? Do you just trawl the net looking for arguments or something -so desperate for one that you even feel compelled start them with people who say things you agree with ?
I have nothing further to say to you as you're obviously a fool -except to add that I think you're the one that needs to grow up ,pal.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Odin - grow some fucking skin and quit whimpering about petty crap like people's use of slang, spelling etc.. :evil:

Wk's observation about fans of TOOL, SUN O))) mostly being middle class smartasses is dead on. It's not the same thing as calling all middle class people morons. If you chose to interpret it that way you're just looking for something to bitch about - a hobby of yours that you couldn't outgrow any sooner. I'm sure there's better forums out there for such BS.

Concerning ANTHRAX I couldn't agree more. Fuck that band always annoyed me.

Edit: I liked Odin/Ryachus' unedited "Get off the dole you white trash scumbucket."-comment so much better before he deleted it. It's so much more telling of the kid's level of intelligence. I can't see why the hell I gave him a 2nd chance :roll:

Odin, I'll save you the trouble of letting us know how you "don't care about being banned again coz you don't need this place blah blah etc etc..". Just don't sign up again. We get the picture.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Shit, there's a lot of stupid things I've missed in this thread! "Odin" finally went over the line. Strange how some have to be so aggressive and provocative on a forum such as good as this.
Fun records
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Better lock this type of threads Dan 'cause some people don't seem to recognize the right of others to disagree, are offended too easily and generally interpret things the way they want just to start bitching. And all these can change the face of the forum sooner or later.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

none of you liked "fistul of metal"? i could care less about the rest of anthrax's discography, but that one is a masterpiece imo
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

khiijol wrote:none of you liked "fistul of metal"? i could care less about the rest of anthrax's discography, but that one is a masterpiece imo
Fistful of Metal slays - after that they're a dead loss.
Hellfighter

Post by Hellfighter »

Bleedin Yanks! Frisbee a Bengal Tigers vinyl straight through their necks! 8)
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Hellfighter wrote:Bleedin Yanks! Frisbee a Bengal Tigers vinyl straight through their necks! 8)
'ken oath mate. :lol:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

In connection with Ancient Rome, the whole situation reminded me of John Cleese as centurion teaching Brian latin Grammar. :lol:
I am ... the One you warned me of
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

Opeth!!!! I HATE THIS BAND AND CANT STAND A NOTE OF IT.
venom-Motorhead-celtic frost (pure punk to my ears,ok venom almost have a proper riff for 5 seconds on countess bathory,but that doesnt mean anything)
ac/dc (this band is so fucking boring,fuck,i cant stand it)
ALL 80s poser/hair bollocks,fuck,gothic is more metal than fucking GLAM!
and the worst plague to ever hit metal:PANTERA.for those of you who believe that these guys ever wrote a note of metal,even on their 80s albums,I pity you. (Cemetary Gates excluded)