Some Swedish Steel for starters..

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I'm extremely interested in the 220 VOLT - PRISONER OF WAR/SAURON 7'' from 1982!! Can you upload this?!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Requested by ze Åmålfucker:

MANIAC - (grief) beauty queen/take it away 7" 85
It starts out pretty gay, but "beauty queen" is still a killer melodic Metal tune. Sounds more like melodic nwobhm a la FRENZY, AXIS etc than your average Scanda-metal to these ears.

R & R - adventures behind the eye/the way of evil 7" 84
Pretty strange production, but musically decent "stüffs" - esp "the way of evil". Gotta love those quirky breaks.

..and a bonus:
STITCH - rehearsal '82
6 songs w/ great sound from a great ol' FWOSHM-act. This is exactly how I like my rehearsal recordings - a real live, in-the-moment feel and plenty of silly chit-chat inbetween. "Louise, Louise, make love to me please.."

http://rapidshare.com/files/39816475/swedishit.rar.html

Credits to Mordred for the ripping.
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

The Knell wrote:I'm extremely interested in the 220 VOLT - PRISONER OF WAR/SAURON 7'' from 1982!! Can you upload this?!
I can upload this and the S/T album but I don't know the terms of this one.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

FenderMedium wrote:I can upload this and the S/T album but I don't know the terms of this one.
Like if it's OOP? Seems so, so go ahead.
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

http://rapidshare.com/files/39829805/_1 ... P.zip.html

There is a skip in the begging, I don't think it different from the album version and it may be a poor rip of the album version for all I know, but if its too much of a problem you can get it from the much better ripped Self Titled album later today, Sauron plays fine though.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PRVB05NI
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Scanned a borrowed copy of the MANIAC 7" yesterday (see above). Quite a beauty, isn't she?

(click for high-res scans)
mordred

Post by mordred »

FenderMedium wrote:There is a skip in the begging, I don't think it different from the album version and it may be a poor rip of the album version for all I know,
The 7" version is different from the album version allright, a different vocalist even.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

thanx Mordred for Maniac/R&R and STITCH rehearsal i didn't noticed it was uploaded. :oops:
Corimngul

Post by Corimngul »

Thanks a lot for the Stitch rehearsal! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Let's recycle this ancient thread...

A 3-in-one package:

First off the MISERY 7" from '79, requested by JonahQuizz. The A-side is a quite melodic, though not wimpy "proto-FWOSHM" piece that keeps growing on me. 2 swords.

The other 2 are for Stark since I figured he'd need to hear them for the next book. but they hardly comes with any high recommendations. TEAM CUSTARD 7" ('86) looks pretty cool, but the music is pretty lame. A = half-decent HR foottapper, B = blues rock. The JIMMY NIELSEN + BAND 7" ('82) is a bit of a novelty piece, one of these cheesy "once I was a junkie but now I've found jeezuz"-things. "Heroin där fick du tji" [heroin bite the dust (?)] is more blues rock easily ignored, but the turn to pure MOTÖRHEAD-worship on "Spring spring fort" [run run fast] is kinda funny.

Basically the filename says it all, but with a little luck I'll have something MUCH more interesting before the end of the week :wink:

Image Image
http://rapidshare.com/files/149897874/F ... y.rar.html

(The rar includes hi-res scans of MISERY and TC, but I seem to have misplaced the JN + BAND pics)
Stark

Post by Stark »

And a big thanks to you, sir :-)
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

Thanks Dan!

haha what a fantastic cover for team custard 7" and what an extremely stupid name for a band
Stark

Team Custard

Post by Stark »

Just had a chat with the guitarist of Team Custard. The band existed between 1985-87, and they also made 4-5 demo tracks. The singer was only borrowed for the single (which has a funny story which you'll find in the next book ;-)). The cover was made by Chappe's mother.
The singer, by the way, turns out to be a famous writer and archeologist: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_Alkarp

Another thig: As the band members couldn't handle the high notes these are sung by Bosse Lindmark (Dalton/RAW).
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
JonahQuizz

Re: Team Custard

Post by JonahQuizz »

Stark wrote:Just had a chat with the guitarist of Team Custard. The band existed between 1985-87, and they also made 4-5 demo tracks. The singer was only borrowed for the single (which has a funny story which you'll find in the next book ;-)). The cover was made by Chappe's mother.
The singer, by the way, turns out to be a famous writer and archeologist: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_Alkarp

Another thig: As the band members couldn't handle the high notes these are sung by Bosse Lindmark (Dalton/RAW).
Did you ask what the hell they were thinking naming their band "Team Custard"? haha
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Great research, Janne! An interesting question would be if they really considered themselves Hard Rock? "Loyal Ulster" is a 'soft' yet decent HR tune, but it could just as well turn out to be the most upbeat song of a generic rock band.