Brats Pre Mercyful Fate Myspace

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
MercyfulUngol

Brats Pre Mercyful Fate Myspace

Post by MercyfulUngol »

Hey, everyone! I just made a Brats fan page, I got the, "OK" from Hank Shermann! Hope you like it! The site is not done yet.

http://www.myspace.com/brats1980

If anyone has any pictures, info, or anything they would like to contribute, I will gladly put it up! Or a song recommendation.
Last edited by MercyfulUngol on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Nice work MU. Brats are really cool band!

I like King Diamond's first "real" band Black Rose a lot too.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I hold 1980 BRATS as one of my all-time fave Hard Rock albums. Next to flawless raging stuff. Good work!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

cool! I've always wanted to hear Brats but never have- am listening now. What the heck does 'OY 905' mean?
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

At first listen I don't the music too good. Average Punk Rock
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The album sorta pends between the HR/"nwodhm" of OY905 and the punk of Pinned On My Eyelids. I'd like to see Heavy Rocker and Tame Me added to that MySpace page asap. The best and heaviest 2 tracks imo 8)
ElectricWizard

Post by ElectricWizard »

Nice work! Some of the Brats songs are awesome and some are less awesome
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

DaN wrote:The album sorta pends between the HR/"nwodhm" of OY905 and the punk of Pinned On My Eyelids. I'd like to see Heavy Rocker and Tame Me added to that MySpace page asap. The best and heaviest 2 tracks imo 8)
I agree about "Heavy Rocker" - its an amazing metal track. The whole album has a weird crossover thing going between metallic punk and straight metal though. Since I like a fair amount of punk I enjoy those songs, but I can see how a metalhead NOT into punk would not be crazy about something like "B-Brains" or "Pinned To My Eyelids".

Still, I rate it as one of the great overlooked albums from that period.
"On your feet, or on your knees"
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

I have to say that I don't the music too good either, but BRATS are great!

I'm OY-905, don't shoot me down tonight
Fun records
Stark

Post by Stark »

We (Overdrive) did a gig with Brats in Karlshamn, Sweden, just after King D had joined the band in 1981. The line-up featured King D - vocals, Hank Sherman and Carsten on guitar, Yenz on bass and Monro on drums. They played none of the songs from the album, only stuff that became M fate songs. I'm still trying to get the video from the show from the guy that filmed it. I had it, but lost it years ago which is a fucking shame I know.
I've still got some photos and the gig poster.
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Does anyone have the brats '81 demo with KD in vocals?
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Stark wrote:We (Overdrive) did a gig with Brats in Karlshamn, Sweden, just after King D had joined the band in 1981. The line-up featured King D - vocals, Hank Sherman and Carsten on guitar, Yenz on bass and Monro on drums. They played none of the songs from the album, only stuff that became M fate songs. I'm still trying to get the video from the show from the guy that filmed it. I had it, but lost it years ago which is a fucking shame I know.
I've still got some photos and the gig poster.
Now that's some treasure - hope you can find it. And playing Karlshamn?! Was there anyone present apart from bands, roadies and their friends? :wink:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
mordred

Post by mordred »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Stark wrote:Now that's some treasure - hope you can find it. And playing Karlshamn?! Was there anyone present apart from bands, roadies and their friends? :wink:
Actually Karlshamn was quite some metal town in the 80's.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

The Erlking wrote:Does anyone have the brats '81 demo with KD in vocals?
Death Kiss?

It's been released on vinyl .
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

mordred wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:Now that's some treasure - hope you can find it. And playing Karlshamn?! Was there anyone present apart from bands, roadies and their friends? :wink:
Actually Karlshamn was quite some metal town in the 80's.
It was?! I've been there a couple of times lately and it's looked everything but. Then again, the most unlikely places may very well be metal havens.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.