Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

The HITTMAN that he has for sale is some crazy price already too???
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

SideShow wrote:You don't like that album? I think it's pretty good (the track Traitor To The Living just kicks my ass!). Not mind-blowing, but certainly not the worst the genre has to offer.
I think maybe I just have to listen to it again. It was disappointing back when I bought it???
'Higher Form Of Killing' & 'Live To Die' both kick my ass tho'
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Wow..........................
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Pricekillers001 usually sells for top prices simply he's the most known ebay old speed/thrash/heavy/... metal CDs seller on ebay (and in my opinion one of the finest too), and therefore just about everyone knows when he has something for sale, so the prices go higher or insane from time to time, or they can stay low as well.

1 example: Terror Fector he's selling is already on $47, and the last one he sold went for $12 or something ...
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

sovdat wrote: 1 example: Terror Fector he's selling is already on $47, and the last one he sold went for $12 or something ...
yes you're absolutely right, and that was mine:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0261125763

and few auctions from that time. randomcoils outbided me at last sec.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

®O©O wrote:randomcoils outbided me at last sec.
Just wait a few weeks and it will be re-listed for sale under thallos81, for a lot more!! :evil:
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

http://cgi.ebay.com/IONA-You-Aint-A-Lad ... dZViewItem

Wonder what this will go for. Never seen it for sale on ebay before. I sold my single this summer at 170 euros I think it was. :roll: Bad mistake I guess. Now it's 273 dollar the first day on ebay.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
humus

Post by humus »

Dirty Rocker wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/IONA-You-Aint-A-Lad ... dZViewItem

Wonder what this will go for. Never seen it for sale on ebay before. I sold my single this summer at 170 euros I think it was. :roll: Bad mistake I guess. Now it's 273 dollar the first day on ebay.
Not necessarelly. I've tried to unload stuff at ebay for half the price it sold for a week prior to my auction and my items ended up unsold. Many people check rattlehead auctions every week, they see the Iona single and place their bids. But most of the bidders wouldn't put in a search text like Iona every week so many would miss your auctions, hence lower price.
That's the reason why a few years ago a Flames of hell LP sold for €170. True, nominally not cheap but relatively, if you consider dealer prices of >€2000, a real steal.

By the way, Marquis de sade, $1500, okilee-dokilee. Reminded me of the following quote from the NWN forum:
"Yeah, that is a domain of collecting populated by sweatpants wearing 45-50 year old men with serious disposable incomes and high blood pressure."...about NWOBHM collectors
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Well, at the same time I'm glad for the buyer. A guy from this forum too. :)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Murs

Post by Murs »

death to thallos81 :twisted:
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

sovdat wrote:Pricekillers001 usually sells for top prices simply he's the most known ebay old speed/thrash/heavy/... metal CDs seller on ebay (and in my opinion one of the finest too), and therefore just about everyone knows when he has something for sale, so the prices go higher or insane from time to time, or they can stay low as well.

1 example: Terror Fector he's selling is already on $47, and the last one he sold went for $12 or something ...
Not to mention that once an album gets reviewed on classicthrash.com it seems to take off price-wise.

I'm like roco with the Terror Fector CD. I scored it several months back for like $14 or so.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Murs wrote:death to thallos81 :twisted:
I've had better experiences with him then some people...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

$1500 for that Marquis de Sade and there's another one ending today, currently at $26: http://cgi.ebay.com/MARQUIS-DE-SADE-81- ... dZViewItem
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Haha yeah I might pop a bid on that I wouldn't mind it without a sleeve/insert killer single!
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Nightlock wrote:Haha yeah I might pop a bid on that I wouldn't mind it without a sleeve/insert killer single!
MARQUIS DE SADE $294 vs. EMPTY CONDOM BOX + PIC OF PANTIES $303

Where does this world go???? :D

But seriously, why did this copy sell for only 1/5 of the previous one, only because of the missing sleeve??