Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

About that Atrophy - it was an R/C (US) press in mint condition.

New purchases:

Q-SQUAD "Psyched"
THE CRUCIFIED "The Crucified"
METALLICA "One"
HEXENHAUS "Awakening"
UNCLE SLAM "Say Uncle" (sealed)
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Krles promo CD
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:UNCLE SLAM "Say Uncle" (sealed)
How much?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Ensiferum2k7 wrote:hopefully, everything makes it here :>

usurper - divine...(CD 28 euro total)
Nice pick up. Convert that to dollars (rougly $42 or so, correct?) and you paid almost 9 times what I did for my copy! :P Still, quite a nice price on that considering.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Korgüll wrote:
How much?
Way too much :D But I had to celebrate my new job and it was still a lot cheaper than this one - #350083522975 (it ended at $306, but the auction was removed for some reason after that ...)
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:
Korgüll wrote:
How much?
Way too much :D But I had to celebrate my new job and it was still a lot cheaper than this one - #350083522975 (it ended at $306, but the auction was removed for some reason after that ...)
I really like that album for some reason, so it's worth every cent imo!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
daniel

Post by daniel »

Isn't it great when the metal you own is acquired through special 'bidding tactics' and spending 60% of your days sitting in front of a computer.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Does it really matter how it's aquired? The music is the most important thing. Did you really get all your rare items in Finland Daniel? I bet you've used the internet in some way or another to influence your buys/trades?
Last edited by Nightlock on Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

msp wrote:Got my top want last Friday

The most I ever paid for a record but I had to have it
How rare is it actually? I got mine for 50€ on Ebay some years ago...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:
Korgüll wrote:
How much?
Yours isn't the one listed in the Buy It Now, $300.00 USD auction is it?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

SideShow wrote:
Ensiferum2k7 wrote:hopefully, everything makes it here :>

usurper - divine...(CD 28 euro total)
Nice pick up. Convert that to dollars (rougly $42 or so, correct?) and you paid almost 9 times what I did for my copy! :P Still, quite a nice price on that considering.
That's one that I've yet to hear.

Maybe an upload is in store?
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
daniel

Post by daniel »

Of course I've used the internet as well, the rare things; no chance of finding them in stores here, I just felt a bit nauseous reading someone talking about 'snipe-bidding' on items on eBay. Call me stupid but I just feel there's somehow at least a bit more spirit in searching and going through lists and thus acquiring stuff, some are on the net, some I get in the post, obviously no one has to care about what I say, but I can't really stomach eBay, on a stress-level; I'd go screaming made having to sit bidding on shit, and maybe it's my unfamiliarity but I simply don't like the feeling of the whole thing. In one way it's hard and time consuming, in another way it seems to be really easy and just about who has the money.

How much did you end up paying for the BREAKER(Can) MLP anyway? Mine was 100e. What about SARACEN? Got that for 8e at a fare. 'Black Death', hmm, 160e...

Oh and I intend no sarcastic or malevolent tone if that seems to be the case.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
ancient tyranny

Post by ancient tyranny »

Sabbat "Satanas Francisconslaught" 7" :D
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Yes I'll agree there! Don't know if I'd say "spirit" but certainly much more adventure and mystery getting records from stores/fairs. No malevolence towards you either I think you just come across most often on the internet very negative and bitter often commenting on issues that relate directly to me. A guy who hangs out with Jaakko can't be bad at all, he's a great guy I like a lot.

Prices I paid more for all items as I mentioned in a previous post Peter took 350+ euros (Corrections from the earlier 300 I mentioned and Peter's slightly upset e-mail correcting me giving his sales a bad name) off the WHOLE order. So I'll list the original prices pre-big-discount...

Breaker - 200
Saracen - 35
Brocas Helm - 200

There may be 50 or so euros give or take this is off the memory as we started talking about the deal ages ago (late last year).
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

daniel wrote:Of course I've used the internet as well, the rare things; no chance of finding them in stores here, I just felt a bit nauseous reading someone talking about 'snipe-bidding' on items on eBay. Call me stupid but I just feel there's somehow at least a bit more spirit in searching and going through lists and thus acquiring stuff, some are on the net, some I get in the post, obviously no one has to care about what I say, but I can't really stomach eBay, on a stress-level; I'd go screaming made having to sit bidding on shit, and maybe it's my unfamiliarity but I simply don't like the feeling of the whole thing. In one way it's hard and time consuming, in another way it seems to be really easy and just about who has the money.
Hey don't get me wrong; I'm not the type to sit around all day waiting for an auction to end.

Like I said, I had to work and therefore placed my bid, (one bid, not multiple) when I was able to and hoped for the best. It's not like I went out of my way and took the day off of work or something...

My aim was more at idiot bidders that really have no idea what the items are worth that they are bidding on, nor bid with any sort of strategy, which results more often or not in "bidding wars" with an outrageous, inflated final price. More specifically those that will bid 5-10 times straight in 1-10 dollar increments until they have the highest bid by one dollar.