Metal Labels Index 4.0

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Keir wrote:I will have a look in my collection this weekend to see where I can help. I know I have some not listed, but it's so hard to remember which are Iron Works as opposed to Azra, World Metal, etc.
Cheers. I think some releases carried the Iron Works logo but didn't use the IW-serials. I'll be adding those oddities too, but I'll wait with the regular Azra/World Metal/Metalstorm/etc releases for the time being.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Noisenik wrote:As far as I can tell, most of early BD catalogue make it onto CD's in years 1993-94, perhaps only in 1994. I remember that Exxplorer, Candlemass, Heir Apparent and Savage Grace were around at that time.
Is that so? I always thought Candlemass Epicus was released on cd way before that, since the US cd release on Leviathan, that was in fact issued in 1988, looks exactly the same as the Black Dragon release. I guess that means that the Black Dragon issue was a copy of the Leviathan issue and not the other way round.

On a sidenote, does anyone know if Black Dragon ever issued their releases on cassette tapes? Need to know if I can scrap "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus Black Dragon MC (if in existance?)" from my Candlemass want list.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

mordred, that's what is written on the Black Dragon/Leviathan Epicus MC:

Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Yes, I have that one. From what I understand this is a Leviathan release for North america under license from BD, since it has a Leviathan catalogue number. I wonder if there is a european MC of Epicus on Black Dragon out there.
BlackStele wrote:mordred, that's what is written on the Black Dragon/Leviathan Epicus MC:

BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

I am confused, since the Leviathan catalogue exists, but I have to agree with you, since the name BLACK DRAGON is forementioned on the tape, and on the cover sleeve it says: MARKETED BY LEVIATHAN, and then it gives Black Dragon's whole postal adress, with the ALL RIGHTS RESERVED stuff..
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Maybe it was some kind of joint effort and this cassette pressing was sold in europe as well? I don't know.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

A very common phenomenon. You'll find Metal Blade logos on plenty of Euro-pressings on labels like Roadrunner, the Combat-logo on some Noise-releases etc..

The tape format was never as big in Europe as in the US, hence the license pressings, just like the later Shrapnel, Metal Blade, New Rennaisance stuff only came out on vinyl in Europe. In other words: most likely no "original" Black Dragon tape of EDM, no.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Just added a small Napalm Records (US) discog. If anyone knows the identity of FLAME 005, let me know.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Crying Steel - On The Prowl was also released on CD by LM Reocrds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=016
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Avenger wrote:Crying Steel - On The Prowl was also released on CD by LM Reocrds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=016
Cheers. Updated.

I noticed this CD is still available for 20 euros from the "New LM" records website if anyone needs it: http://www.crotalo.com/
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

DaN wrote:Just added a small Napalm Records (US) discog. If anyone knows the identity of FLAME 005, let me know.
JACK STARR'S BURNING STARR - Fire and Rain 12"-Single !
Never saw it with cover i think !
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Awesome. These are the kind of obscure releases I would never discover if it weren't for The Corroseum Kollektor Elite 8)

Updated.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Not much interesting to add to the Iron Works discography, unfortunately. Mostly just some shape variations.
IW 1010 Mad Reign Salute The New Flag MLP 1986 Black and colored (?) vinyl
Colors are blue, red, black and green. Also octagon shape with 2 tracks.
IW 1020 Knightmare II Guillotine [a.k.a.] The Metal Horror Continues Shaped EP 1988 Known shapes: Heart, monster.
Also mask, blob, square and textured stone shape.
IW 1028 Commander The High'n'Might LP/Pic-LP 1987 25 copies of the PD are said to exist. Also on promo-"PD" (round cover-cut pasted on vinyl).
You forgot the ‘y’ at the end of Mighty. Also on cassette (with different cover) and octagon shape with 2 tracks.
IW 1029 Lese Majesty Surviving LP 1988 Black and clear green vinyl
Also irregular shape pic disc.
IW 1030 Mersinary Dead Is Dead Shaped MLP 198? 4 tracks. "Metal Fatigue" shape (?)
Mine is a rectangular shape pic disc, from 1990. I can provide a scan later. Also torso and feet shapes/pics.
IW 1031 Luv Hunter s/t LP/CD 1990 Black (?), yellow and white vinyl. CD has different cover art.
Also octagon shape with 2 tracks.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Thank you sir! Any chance you could provide pix, titles and index# for these?
Keir wrote:
IW 1010 Mad Reign Salute The New Flag MLP 1986 Black and colored (?) vinyl
IW 1028 Commander The High'n'Might LP/Pic-LP 1987 25 copies of the PD are said to exist. Also on promo-"PD" (round cover-cut pasted on vinyl).
octagon shape with 2 tracks.
IW 1031 Luv Hunter s/t LP/CD 1990 Black (?), yellow and white vinyl. CD has different cover art.
Keir

Post by Keir »

They're exactly the same as the LPs. He just took the LPs and chopped them up into octagon shapes.