Yugo Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Favourite Yugoslavian Band

Gordi
4%
Divlje Jagode
6%
Sarcasm
21%
Demoniac
No votes
Heller
17%
Annathema
8%
Crna Udovica
4%
Evil Blood
21%
Pergament
15%
Pomaranca
2%
Legija
2%

Total votes: 48

RNA

Post by RNA »

Well, go ahead. What's stopping you?

By the way, I forgot to mention Warriors the last time around. You might know them for their s/t LP out on Attic Records. Well, the band is actually from Serbia and in 1983 they released the same album on PGP RTB with a gatefold cover and different artwork than the Attic release. Other than that, songs are also differently arranged and have different lyrics.
Also, that same year there was a 12" single containing 2 songs from the LP and on side B the same songs in Serbian. This one has the same artwork as the Attic album, but with an additional white outline.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

RNA wrote:Well, go ahead. What's stopping you?
Nothing, except for the fact that i don't know anything about it and i don't know if/where i can find it.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

What about this mysterious "Satan Panonski" guy? Had a compilation with a few tracks ages ago. As I remember it he made this weird post-punk/hardrock mix and I kinda liked it. Did he ever do anything that could qualify as Metal (if only in the most liberal sense of the word) or was he more rooted in the punk scene?
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

DaN wrote:What about this mysterious "Satan Panonski" guy? Had a compilation with a few tracks ages ago. As I remember it he made this weird post-punk/hardrock mix and I kinda liked it. Did he ever do anything that could qualify as Metal (if only in the most liberal sense of the word) or was he more rooted in the punk scene?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uF7pp_lLlG0&feature=related

never metal... but for punks here he is an icon
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Did Vatreni Poljubac really stopped sounding good after the debut? I listened to the myspace samples and it was horrible pop music.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I am not the biggest fan of Vatreni Poljubac`s first album (except for the track "Nek Se Zna"), so I cannot comment...

About Satan Panonski you have some of his crazy live concerts on youtube...

Here is the most known Kain track: http://youtube.com/watch?v=azKKufbIkF0
I am quite surprised that you don`t know them. They were always mentioned in one row with Anesthesia and Drinking Skull. I heard one of their demo tracks and this was their best song imo...
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

one question for the Slovenian guys here. Has anybody heard the group Robin Hood??? One video was shown on Croatian TV back in the early 90s, but the clip was shot in Postojna...
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Yes KAIN-Everything Is Possible is one of the best bands out of Croatia.Great old Thrash Metal surprising good for 1992 with great solos and leads.

Too bad the second KAIN album is total shit influenced heavily from PANTERA.Too much modern for its time and for all the Corroseum fans.

AMNESIA from Serbia with two tracks singed in Serb and also the same sunged in English were very cool band.I wish this band had more tracks they could be one of the Thrash bands from Yugoslavia.

Also FAUST Olujni Jahac is one of the best bands i have heard from Yugoslavia.They sound like little heavier than IRON MAIDEN.I am surprised that noone refered them yet.

STRANGE QUESTION(i need an answer):Can someone tell judging possibly from the names and last names what bands from Bosnia are consisted from
SERBOBOSNIANS or BOSNIAKS(Muslim Bosnians) members?

Or are there old bands from Croatia with Serbs as members or in Serbia by Croats?Thanx!Really curious.

A listing would be very interesting for me at least.
RNA

Post by RNA »

There is a sort of CD compilation of all Faust works done some 7-8 years ago, but unfrotunately made only on a CD-R. Still, cool music. Also, the second Dr Steel album was also released in Serbia around that same time. The first pressing were CD-R's, but later (due to high demand from abroad), the label (One Records) made it on factory printed CD's. Half of the material is in Croatian and half in English.

Amnesia was a band comprised of the aforemеntioned ex-Heller, Rapid Force guitarist Kole (Amnesia existed between these two bands) and also the bass player Francuz is known for a cult crossover project SMF.

As far as Bosnia goes, most bands were mixed. The original Bombarder line-up is:
Maho (probably Mahmut) Šiljedić, Nenad Nešo Kovačević, Senad Lamađama and 2 guys with names as Samčo (probably from Samir) and Jasmin, I don't know their last names. Nešo was the only Serbian guy, when war started he moved to Belgrade and has kept Bombarder going to this day.
Also, you can see it from Divlje Jagode line-up's. The most famous one was Sead Lipovača, Alen islamović, Nasko Budimlić and Zlatan Čehić. They also had singers as Ante Janković and Mladen Vojičić, so you can see that this was mostly Muslim/Croat band.

Speaking of bands from Bosnia, Ludilo from Tuzla were pretty good and follow-up to a band Neon Knights, called Southern Storm.
RNA

Post by RNA »

Just to add, considering that question about Bosnian bands, that prior to the war there were no problems between nations there. Politicians fucked up everything, that and the outside factor. Someone needed to hack Yugoslavia.

No one also mentions Epidemic Zone. I know they had one single with 2 instrumental tracks out on Start Today Records, a punk label from Novi Sad. Almost got it once.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

That Epidemic Zone 7" is not my cup of tea at all. I prefer their demo much more....

Talking about rare vinyl, Atlantida from Belgrade released one hellish rare 4 track 7"EP called "Sudbina" in 91. I guess the least of you heard about it...Heard that it was pressed in a quantity of 100 copies only. My copy has on the backcover a chop that states Coffer Records. About the music, they played very good Hard & Heavy music. One member was also in Demoniac...

RNA

Post by RNA »

Yeah, their drummer Hogar, and also thе singer was brother of Demoniac's singer Ljubo, if I remember correctly. It was also handled for free to the subsribers of Demoniac's fan club fanzine. That's how some friends of mine got it and it's the only copy I've ever seen.
Still, I found music to be rather poor. Really bland heavy rock. If you want such a music played in a far batter manner, you should always go for Osvajači. In this genre their LP's "Krv i led" from 1990 and "Sam" from 1995 are undisputed. Although, the second album is very hard to find on vinyl.

And, by the way, there's a Serbian band at the moment also named Atlantida that released the debut 2 years ago, but have nothing to do with this band. They too make better music than the original Atlantida, although it's the heavily keyboard-driven type of pseudo-power metal.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

roihlem wrote:one question for the Slovenian guys here. Has anybody heard the group Robin Hood??? One video was shown on Croatian TV back in the early 90s, but the clip was shot in Postojna...
Yep, that's the town I'm from. What interests you about them? IMHO,nothing special.
I am ... the One you warned me of