Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Dirty Rocker wrote:TREASURE: Woman In Black 7", did it have the original PS?
Unfortunately not, it has a copy of the original PS but a very good one. It seems that there're only a handful of these with the original PS.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Today in Ghent (Belgium)

Turbo-The last Warrior 3euro
Incubus- Beyond the unknown 4 euro
Delirium- Zzooohh 3 euro
Deathrow- Satan's Gift 6 euro
Thunderfire- S/T 2 euro
Backwater- Revelation 3 euro
Killer - Ready for Hell 2 euro
Blessed Death - Destined for Extinction 4 euro
Glory Bells - Century Rendezvous 8 euro (the riff that Slayer stole :P )
US Metal I Comp 2 euro
Faithful Breath- Amillion Hearts 7" For free due too the number of records bought.

Non -Metal:
Comus - First Utterance (original copy) 20euros !!!!!!
humus

Post by humus »

Where did you find 'em that cheap in Ghent? I saw half of those last time I went to the Vinyl kitchen but they were 10-15€.
peterott

Post by peterott »

Witches Hammer - s/t MLP 1987 (thankfully without the cover paper...grrr)
Terrorizer - 4/25/87 Rehearsals 7" (Satanic Rec.)

stuff I like to mention:
Vulcano / Nifelheim - new 7". Great new songs
Hellish Crossfire - new LP (fantastic old-school Thrash, especially like the German band Darkness)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

peterott wrote:Witches Hammer - s/t MLP 1987 (thankfully without the cover paper...grrr)
Do know for sure that this really was released in '87? I'm not saying I've heard otherwise, but when a bunch of copies suddenly appeared a couple of years ago without almost anyone having heard about it before I got suspicious...
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

got 3 Gypsy Kyss CDs for 4€ including postage :D
Is this band playing Metal? I heard that they played some progressive Rock, while I listened to their demo and that was great Hard Rock/ Heavy Metal
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

roihlem wrote:got 3 Gypsy Kyss CDs for 4€ including postage :D
Is this band playing Metal? I heard that they played some progressive Rock, while I listened to their demo and that was great Hard Rock/ Heavy Metal
Nice!
They play some Folk Heavy Rock, wonderful music I love 'em.
We praise the blood that metal brings
NWN PROD

Post by NWN PROD »

peterott wrote:
Witches Hammer - s/t MLP 1987 (thankfully without the cover paper...grrr)

Do know for sure that this really was released in '87? I'm not saying I've heard otherwise, but when a bunch of copies suddenly appeared a couple of years ago without almost anyone having heard about it before I got suspicious...
Some guy in Vancouver was sitting on a bunch of copies. He started selling them again in the last five years.

Yes these are the originals from 87.
NUCLEAR WAR NOW! PROD.
Home page: http://nwnprod.com/
Store: http://nwnprod.com/catalog/
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Finally obtained an original Dawnwatcher "Backlash" 7 for a decent price
+ H and H 7"
Long Live The Loud !!!
Levi

Post by Levi »

Last weekend I picked up a record what is probably one of the most rare in Belgium:

Metalmania vol. 1

Anybody familiar with this one? It's a compilation from '83 (KP's Records 500) with 10, mostly Wallonian bands that play HR/HM. Had never heard of most bands, some apparently released singles and even full albums (e.g: Wax Python, Bacchus). Some good songs, some bad (mostly vocalwise). Nothing too impressing, but quite a piece of Belgian music history.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Levi wrote:Last weekend I picked up a record what is probably one of the most rare in Belgium:

Metalmania vol. 1

Anybody familiar with this one? It's a compilation from '83 (KP's Records 500) with 10, mostly Wallonian bands that play HR/HM. Had never heard of most bands, some apparently released singles and even full albums (e.g: Wax Python, Bacchus). Some good songs, some bad (mostly vocalwise). Nothing too impressing, but quite a piece of Belgian music history.
I love old, obscure compilations! Care to rip and upload it?
Levi

Post by Levi »

DaN wrote:
Levi wrote:Last weekend I picked up a record what is probably one of the most rare in Belgium:

Metalmania vol. 1

I love old, obscure compilations! Care to rip and upload it?
I'll get back to you on that in about a month, I'm in the middle of my exams and I've never ripped a record before, so no time to sort that out now. There's an insert however, I'll scan & upload that one in a couple of days.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Metalmania vol. 1

Is there the thrash metal band DEATH SQUAD featuring on this sampler ?
Levi

Post by Levi »

omen of hate wrote:

Metalmania vol. 1

Is there the thrash metal band DEATH SQUAD featuring on this sampler ?
No, only Heavy Metal and some more Hard Rock. Bands featured: OFH, Carnage 22, Wax Python, Deep Pression, Nessie, Jailbreak, Bacchus, Geïshan, Power and Storm.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

OK, I know they're featured on a Belgian sampler, but I can't remember which one.