WASP

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

What's your favourite WASP album?

WASP
56%
The Last Command
6%
Inside the Electric Circus
No votes
The Headless Children
26%
The Crimson Idol
12%
Still Not Black Enough
No votes
Kill, Fuck, Die
No votes
Helldorado
No votes
Unholy Terror
No votes
The Neon God: Part One - The Rise
No votes
The Neon God: Part Two - The Demise
No votes

Total votes: 34

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Noisenik wrote:Headless Children for me. The most mature of them all. Proof that Blacky is really talented artist.
Hmm, I don't know if Blackie is really all that talented.

From a lot of interviews that I've heard in the past regarding bands that he had any association with, nearly anything that he claimed to have come up with himself was a stolen idea from someone else.

Either way, that doesn't change how I feel about W.A.S.P. as a band.
Last edited by Avenger on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Avenger wrote:
Noisenik wrote:Headless Children for me. The most mature of them all. Proof that Blacky is really talented artist.
Hmm, I don't if Blackie is really all that talented.

From a lot of interviews that I've heard in the past regarding bands that he had any association with, nearly anything that he claimed to have come up with himself was a stolen idea from someone else.

Either way, that doesn't change how I feel about W.A.S.P.'s albums as a band.
Hmm, I don't hear anything stolen on tHC. what is there that you've heard elsewhere?
I am ... the One you warned me of
christiandiaz

Post by christiandiaz »

I think my vote goes to-The Last Command-.I grew up listening that record.A lot of classics are in there.My fav is Wild Child.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Noisenik wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Hmm, I don't if Blackie is really all that talented.

Either way, that doesn't change how I feel about W.A.S.P.'s albums as a band.
Hmm, I don't hear anything stolen on tHC. what is there that you've heard elsewhere?
Like I said, it was in the past, so I don’t know in exactly which ones, however, here is the link to the site where you can sift through the interviews yourself:

http://www.fullinbloommusic.com/interviews.html
Last edited by Avenger on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Black Axe wrote:The first two Motley Crue albums were great and heavy metal too. You have to be when you cover Helter Skelter and include an instrumental.
Sure Mötley Crüe is Heavy Metal and they playing good what they play.Actually they are the only band that is sorted as glam and that i like.I think that the first 3 albums are pure Metal but anyway who cares?

You can check my opinion in this old thread
http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1136

But again i never cared about W.A.S.P i have my own reasons not to trust this band neither their image,authenticity nor their music.

W.A.S.P after all copied Mötley Crüe both in image and music with a result becoming clowns :lol:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Fucking Åmål wrote: W.A.S.P after all copied Mötley Crüe both in image and music with a result becoming clowns
:!:

Yeah...Mötley Crüe started their career by putting fuckin' SAWS in front of their dicks and throwing raw meat at their audiences and Wasp followed.

And all the Mötley Crüe albums have at least 10 "Hellions" and almost every album after Girls,girls,girls sounds like Crimson Idol, so i guess Wasp were again the followers.

It's ok if you don't like Wasp, no big deal really, nobody will crucify you for that, but saying that Wasp are not true and that they're copycats of MC etc, well, that goes really too far. Maybe you should hear Wasp again more carefully in the future 'cause saying such things about them for me means that you haven't paid any attention to their music at all.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
pzman

Post by pzman »

I don't think WASP are MC clones/copycats. I like most of their stuff especially their debut and The Crimson Idol. I like MC too esp their first 2 albums but i don't think they released anything close to the Crimson Idol.
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

It's well known (or at least I thought it was) that Blackie and Nikki Sixx were friends and jammed together in a band called Sister in the early 80s. Whatever similarities exist between the bands are therefore probably attributed to "mutual influence".

I will admit to not checking out WASP until late in their career because as a kid I definitely lumped them in with the poser LA bands. But once I found the stuff from the Headless/Crimson era, my attitude was corrected.

Need Crimson on LP if anyone has it.

Some of the later albums are great too, Dying for the World and Neon God part 1 specifically. Dominator also has a good energy. Neon God 2, KFD, and Helldorado are the worst of the recent years.
ElectricWizard

Post by ElectricWizard »

W.A.S.P (1984) is nr1 and Dying For the World on 2nd place.
The Crimson Idol and Headless Children are in my opinion very overrated
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Professor Black wrote:I definitely lumped them in with the poser LA bands.
zzzzz..........

Agent Steel was from Los Angeles.....
Professor Black

Meaning the glam scene.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Professor Black wrote:
Meaning the glam scene.
Define "poser".

To me, that statement lumps all bands in LA at the time as posers.
Professor Black

It depends whether one interprets the word "poser" as referring to all LA bands or simply a kind of classifier within the greater set of LA bands. My intention was the latter, and I apologize for the misunderstanding. For it was I who used a noun as an adjective, and ultimately our confusion is attributable thereto.

WASP seems to have been pretty popular in the UK. Probably due to Sanctuary being based there and getting them on the cover of Kerrang! every year.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Voted for the debut just because of it's importance in my musical evolution and for the good memories.

edit. but THC is their best.
Last edited by The Erlking on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

I choose the "Animal (Fuck like a beast)" Single :roll: