SABBRABELLS - S/T + Bonus (in high quality!)

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
The Erlking

SABBRABELLS - S/T + Bonus (in high quality!)

Post by The Erlking »

A friend of mine got a CD-R with Sabbrabells - S/T and a bonus song from Heavy Metal Force comp in good quality and ripped it for me. The quality is better than in any of the old rips I know of and since I love this band I want always more people to hear them. So here it is:

http://www.uploadjockey.com/download/34 ... _bonus.rar#
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Haven't downloaded yet but THANX for finally delivering what I hope is not a tape-rip. Saved my weekend.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Yes, this album should be enjoyed without the "hizzing" tape sound.

And for those who are not familiar with the band and their sound, let me try to describe them a little bit:

They play some really unique and occationally doomy metal with dark and satanic overtones. I sometimes thin they could be almost like Hard Rock/early 80's HM oriented version of Mercyful Fate. They remind me of some Uli-era Scorpions stuff too. Besides the great and metallic riffing there are an interesting blend of different influences like the Maidenisque melodic leads and a cool AC/DC-styled heavy rocker "Hell's Rider" to name some. There's also bunch of eerie and slower songs (ballads if you want to call them as such) with dark and heavy pounding semi-doom riffing and I love especially the over 7min epic Sokubaku. The vocals are pretty original too. Kiichi has a very unique and kind of "haunting" voice that works really good with the music. I think that he developed his style of singing even better on their later albums but it's great here too.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Please upload it in rapidshare, I can't access to it.
Keep politics OUT of this forum
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

SolidSnake311 wrote:Please upload it in rapidshare, I can't access to it.
http://rapidshare.com/files/115338824/s ... s.rar.html

BTW: The bonus track might or might not be tagged wrong. I think it should be Rurudo No Izumi or Luludo No Izumi (The Spring of Rurudo/Luludo). The word rurudo was written in katakana and the same kanas can mean also "Lourdes". Which is a city in France, known for a spring that is supposed to be magical. But since the song name is romanized as Rurudo No Izumi on Sabbrabells - All Night Metal Party EP so I guess it's the correct name.
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

It's not in winzip, I can't download it... :cry:
Keep politics OUT of this forum
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

You can open both zip and rar files with this WINRAR:
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar371.exe
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Many thanks for this one ! I discovered them through their Live! CD and since I find all their releases great !

One can open RAR files with this free and open source software :

http://www.7-zip.org/ (if you don't want to pay for WinRAR)
Gott ist tot.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Mr Nuke wrote:Many thanks for this one ! I discovered them through their Live! CD and since I find all their releases great !
I personally think that they haven't done a bad song. Some are maybe less great than others but they're all good :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

First time I even heard about SABBRABELLS was when we interrogated Gezol at a SABBAT-gig in Stockholm many years ago ("Unleashed In The West - Live Torture" LP) about REALLY heavy, old & obscure JPN-Metal bands we should know about. He described it as "Doomic Metal" and the salivating did commence.

First time I actually heard them was when I got a copy of their promo-video in a trade from Krukenberg and to be honest I was a bit let down. Their later, overdramatic and melodic style never appealed to me. It think it was LWR (on this forum) who finally gave me a tape of this LP. It's a great early 80's Metal album, owing much to 70's J Priest, but I need to give it a few more listenings before I'm ready to dub it to Immortal Classic-status.
Crows In Black

Post by Crows In Black »

The Dog Fight EP is easily the best thing they released.
IF YOU ARE FALSE DO NOT ENTRY, OR YOU WILL BE BURNED AND DIED
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Thanks man, this is a great album!!!!!!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

It did take more time from me to get into their later albums Sailing On The Revenge and One Night Magic but not because the songs wouldn't open easily but because I was listening to the S/T, Live!! and Dog Fight mlp and Dog Fight single all the time. Then I bought Sailing On The Revenge LP, loved it and quickly got into the rest of their stuff. Songs like Dead Point, Hawk Emblem (sounds a little bit like the fucking ACES HIGH!), Diamond City, Black Iron Horse, Shinigami No Namida, Last Survivor and November's Mystery... Argh I love them!

I can see though why the post-"Dog Fight mlp" releases would turn out to be disappointing. Especially if you're told that they play doomy heavy metal since that stuff is more present in the debut.

In the end IMHO Sabbrabells are one of the top bands from far east and at least to me some of their releases are Heavy Metal Classics.
Crows In Black

Post by Crows In Black »

I checked and my rip of this album is better quality (its 320kbs) but the one you uploaded has less hissing/popping than the rip I have
IF YOU ARE FALSE DO NOT ENTRY, OR YOU WILL BE BURNED AND DIED
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

i made my own rip of this from my record some time ago. i'll DL this one and if mine happens to be better, i'll upload it for you clean audio freaks. 8)