Anyone heard these??

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Stark

Anyone heard these??

Post by Stark »

Saw these releases at a Japanese dealer's site, but even I haven't heard/heard of them. Anyone? Some of the stuff they label "hard rock" or "AOR", when it's just pure pop...

All 7" singles:
Tommy Mac Frees: It’s A Dream (1976, featuring Ragne Wahlquist)
The Dirty Vikings: My Witch/Wrong Bound (1991)
Euphoria: Äventyr/Ska det hända varje dag (1990)
Änglarna: Ögon/Ögon
Tonvikt: Samma batonger (1979)
X-treme: Om natten (1982)
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
DaN
Administructor

Re: Anyone heard these??

Post by DaN »

Stark wrote:Saw these releases at a Japanese dealer's site, but even I haven't heard/heard of them. Anyone? Some of the stuff they label "hard rock" or "AOR", when it's just pure pop...

All 7" singles:
...and some Encyclopedias do too :P

Seriously though, the only names that sound familiar is TONVIKT and X-TREME, but I don't remember from where. Have you been in contact with Patrik Carlson (punktipset.se/progg.se)? I'd say he's THE authority on obscure Swedish singles.

Btw, are you familiar w/ any of these:

BLUE SKY - "Still In Love/Stranger In The City" 7" 80
GYPSY - "III World War/Explosive Hangover" 7" 82
REFLEX - "Dina Nya Kläder" 7" 83
REIZON BAND - "Money/Lyftet" 7" 82
REPULZ - "Today Is My Future" 7" 81
REVANCH - "Don't Blame Us/Candy Dream" 7" 78
SHEJK AHMEED GROUP - "Hello Vakuum" 7" 84
VIRGIN'S DELIGHT - "The first sight of.." 7" 8?

It's mostly stuff I've seen on Tradera in the last few years and they've been on my need-to-hear list for quite a while now. If you know for a fact that some of them aren't HR/HM, let me know.
Last edited by DaN on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

..oh, and if you're still oblivious to the BOOTLEG single, it's still available for download in this thread, covers and all.
LWR

Post by LWR »

Stark wrote:
Saw these releases at a Japanese dealer's site, but even I haven't heard/heard of them. Anyone? Some of the stuff they label "hard rock" or "AOR", when it's just pure pop...

All 7" singles:

...and some Encyclopedias do too

Seriously though, the only names that sound familiar is TONVIKT and X-TREME, but I don't remember from where. Have you been in contact with Patrik Carlson (punktipset.se/progg.se)? I'd say he's THE authority on obscure Swedish singles.

Btw, are you familiar w/ any of these:

BLUE SKY - "Still In Love/Stranger In The City" 7" 80
GYPSY - "III World War/Explosive Hangover" 7" 82
REFLEX - "Dina Nya Kläder" 7" 83
REIZON BAND - "Money/Lyftet" 7" 82
REPULZ - "Today Is My Future" 7" 81
REVANCH - "Don't Blame Us/Candy Dream" 7" 78
SHEJK AHMEED GROUP - "Hello Vakuum" 7" 84
VIRGIN'S DELIGHT - "The first sight of.." 7" 8?

It's mostly stuff I've seen on Tradera in the last few years and they've been on my need-to-hear list for quite a while now. If you know for a fact that some of them aren't HR/HM, let me know.
Hi Stark and DaN,
I'm also interested in the unknown Swedish metal vinyls.
As far as I know,
The Dirty Vikings is 70's-sounding hardrock with fuzz guitar leads.
Änglarna is good melodic hardrock/AOR in the vein of early Bad Habit.
REFLEX is killer NWOBHM-ish metal.
REVANCH is no metal or hard rock. Boring girls rock band.
SHEJK AHMEED GROUP is prog-rock. Not heavy/hard.
VIRGIN'S DELIGHT is the same band on the "Tracks"-comp. Boring amateurish metal..
Need info for others...!
"DON'T BREAK THE OATH"
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Hey, cool to see you joining the forum, man. We definitely need to sort out a trade in the future so I can get to hear some of those singles.
LWR

Post by LWR »

Thanks,DaN. This forum is nice place to be.
I'm hungry for the info about unknown ones. Your site rules. Many thanks for the info.

Here shows some unknown ones.
Last edited by LWR on Tue May 06, 2008 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
"DON'T BREAK THE OATH"
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I recognize about a dozen of them but the rest are new to me. Can't make out the titles on the pic though. Think you could post a bigger one?
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

LWR wrote:Thanks,DaN. This forum is nice place to be.
I'm hungry for the info about unknown ones. Your site rules. Many thanks for the info.

NICE! Wulcan is awesome! Its kind of hard to see, but from what I can tell I hardly recognize any of those. :oops: Razorblade is pretty awesome though. :)

Old Swedish Metal is awesome, are there any of those 7" you think I should check out? Really interesting photo!
GJ

Post by GJ »

BloodOfChrist wrote:
LWR wrote:Thanks,DaN. This forum is nice place to be.

NICE! Wulcan is awesome! Its kind of hard to see, but from what I can tell I hardly recognize any of those. :oops: Razorblade is pretty awesome though. :)

Old Swedish Metal is awesome, are there any of those 7" you think I should check out? Really interesting photo!
I've got the Traction 7" (next to Razorblade). Their drummer (seen in the middle on the cover photo) must have been elven years or something, I believe he was the younger brother of another member of the band - I have to check it though. Not a classics by any means from what I remember but still some decent ideas here and there.
LWR

Post by LWR »

Humm,I dont know what is the proper size for this forum...
And is there recommended way for doing images for this forum? I'm putting images on my site.

Hi,BloodOfChrist
I agree with you,80's Swedish metal is awesome.
Reflex is no doubt a gem.
Another interesting one is X-eryus. A rumor says 3 members found in Savagers.(I'm not sure,as I don't have the Savagers,though...)
"DON'T BREAK THE OATH"
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

LWR wrote:Humm,I dont know what is the proper size for this forum...
And is there recommended way for doing images for this forum? I'm putting images on my site.
If you have access to your own server I guess the easiest way for you is to keep putting them there. You can post full-screen pictures without any trouble coz they will automatically shrink to fit the forum and then open in a separate window when you click them.
Another interesting one is X-eryus. A rumor says 3 members found in Savagers.(I'm not sure,as I don't have the Savagers,though...)
Unfortunately the SAVAGERS-sleeve only shows some funny stage names (see review) so it's hardly a good source for information.

Btw, that X-IT single I would rather put in the post-punk/garage/powerpop-slot.
LWR

Post by LWR »

Thanks DaN,I have a try.

Unfortunately the SAVAGERS-sleeve only shows some funny stage names (see review) so it's hardly a good source for information.
I wonder what is the source of it,too...
Btw, that X-IT single I would rather put in the post-punk/garage/powerpop-slot.
R,Really?? Their side-B "Ocean" is good drivin' hard rock,I think. Or rather,I like it better than Traction or Dream...
"DON'T BREAK THE OATH"
Stark

ok..

Post by Stark »

Sorry if I'm drooling a bit here :P , but there's some of your stuff LWR that I really need scans and info on for the next encyclopedia! I'll send you PM.

I actually had the Ma Connection (upper right cormer) before, but didn't like it that much. More proggish hard rock.

Cheers!
Janne
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
LWR

Post by LWR »

Hi Stark,
Sorry if I'm drooling a bit here , but there's some of your stuff LWR that I really need scans and info on for the next encyclopedia! I'll send you PM.
Thanks for PM. I'll write back to you later.

I actually had the Ma Connection (upper right cormer) before, but didn't like it that much. More proggish hard rock.
The Ma connection is labeled as prog/blues on the pokora's book,but it's still hard and not a shame on the Brute Force Records,I believe.
On the upper left corner we see the Purple Haze which is labeled as hardrock on the pokora's book,but this is also proggy hard rock. This is post-Plebb. Not essential for metalheads,but worths a try for fans of Plebb.
btw,it got 3stars(180euro-300euro) on the book...

Anyway,those kind of prog/hard rock cross-overs are in a delicate position.
"DON'T BREAK THE OATH"
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Me mate just leaned over me shoulder and commented that X-ERYUS (Büms Rec?) are from Denmark and exceptionally awful aor, thus no SAVAGERS-connection whatsoever. And he also saw PURPLE HAZE live at the age of 11 :shock: :lol: ...apparently they were post-PLEBB.

Still no clue about KARMA or FRENZY. A quick review perhaps?