The best releases of 2008

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Nightlock wrote:Enforcer is going to blow away Portrait!
Now that might actually happen. Really looking forward to the Enforcer album. Does it have a date yet?
Well it's been fully recorded and I think it's mixed the other day when I was talking to Olof he was doing the layout for the CD book. I think it's just the cover art that they're having problems with.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
St. Erben

Post by St. Erben »

Exciter "Thrash, Speed, Burn" and Portrait "s/t" are the only good ones I heard this far.
Lindell

Post by Lindell »

St. Erben wrote:Exciter "Thrash, Speed, Burn" and Portrait "s/t" are the only good ones I heard this far.
Me too 8)
St. Erben

Post by St. Erben »

Oh, and also The Devil's Blood "The Graveyard Shuffle" 7", very good.
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

Pagan Altar - Mythical & Magical DLP

you know its true - thread can be closed now.
stepping on toes since 1978
mordred

Post by mordred »

The most immortal lyric line of 2008 so far is "the antichrist will immortalize".
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
muskeg

Post by muskeg »

haven't heard any stuff from 08 yet but looking forward to hearing manilla road's latest, and the sophomore falcon album "die wontcha!"
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

I gotta hear Portrait! I have heard the songs on the myspace and they rule. I agree that "Hornets of the Pogrom" is some top notch material.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Nightlock wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:
Nightlock wrote:Enforcer is going to blow away Portrait!
Now that might actually happen. Really looking forward to the Enforcer album. Does it have a date yet?
Well it's been fully recorded and I think it's mixed the other day when I was talking to Olof he was doing the layout for the CD book. I think it's just the cover art that they're having problems with.
I'm not really familiar with that Enforcer, but I'll be sure to check out their new album if it blows away Portrait. :)
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Black Axe wrote:
Nightlock wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:

I'm not really familiar with that Enforcer, but I'll be sure to check out their new album if it blows away Portrait. :)
www.myspace.com/enforcerswe is a good start but it's missing a lot of material I've come to love.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Erynion

Post by Erynion »

Heavy Metal Perse - Heavy Metal Perse (A Finnish outfit that play some really, really catchy melodies). So far, this is myfavourite album this year.

The new Opeth is good. But I think I might need a few more listens to form a solid opinion of it...
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

On first impression, the new Meshuggah album is quite cool. Hardly Corroseum material, of course.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

right now im listening to the lastest Pharaoh album, and although i liked more the other ones, i think its a pretty cool album! plus it had a patch! :D (thanks to fucken chavez-SM who bought it for me at KIT)

on the swedish side, i think Insolitude debut is gonna blow portrait and enforcer easily 8)
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

muskeg wrote:haven't heard any stuff from 08 yet but looking forward to hearing manilla road's latest, and the sophomore falcon album "die wontcha!"
keen to hear this Falcon album too - I have the S/T album and while its a bit patchy you can see its heading in the right direction (lyrics are kitsch as fuck tho!)
stepping on toes since 1978
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

I didn't do too much spins of the PORTRAIT LP, so I won't give any opinion, but I'm glad people here told about Hornets of the Pogrom , which is already in the path of being a masterpiece. This one is even better in terms of compositions than Incorrigible Bigotry. Only PAGAN ALTAR can surpass them if they release a new album this year. The rest may be excellent or even genius, but not as godly.
Gott ist tot.