Metal Labels Index 4.0

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

omen of hate wrote:I've found this here :

http://www.geocities.com/metallabels/ebony.html
That's Raoul Sanchez' page that provided the foundation for my own. Unfortunately there are a couple of errors scattered all over his site so I had to fact-check almost everything. I couln't find anything to support that there should be 2 pressings of SADWINGS and one of them being on Ebony with this number, so I don't really know where he got it from. Could be some old magazine ad or something prior to its release on Criminal Response, but I'm leaving this blank at the moment.

Cheers for all the help so far! I'm updating as I go along..
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

It's true, I've checked different pages on the web and there's no confirmation of SAD WINGS being EBON 43.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

doomedplanet wrote:Terrahsphere "Third In Order Of The Sun" came out on vinyl too in Europe.

OLIVER MAGNUM s/t LP 1989 had US pressing:Restless/Colossal Records 72616-1
There is no New Renaissance go or no mention of this label on the lp anywhere

I never saw a US pressing of AMULANCE - Feel the Pain LP, but that does not mean it doesn't exist.
DaN wrote:
omen of hate wrote:I've found some New Renaissance releases that were distributed in Europe through SPV in 1989 :

STEEL FURY - Lesser of Two Evils LP 08-9801 (03/1989)
CD 85-9803 (03/1989)

THE UNSANE - Inverted Crosses EP 60-9800 (03/1989)

INDESTROY - Senseless Theories EP 60-9802 (04/1989)

INDESTROY - Senseless Theories/First album CD 85-9804 (04/1989)

AMULANCE - Feel the Pain LP 08-9805 (04/1989)
CD 85-9806 (04/1989)

INTENSE MUTILATION - Safe Sex LP 08-9807 (04/1989)
CD 85-9808 (04/1989)
Thanx, but I think all of those also existed as NRR-pressings in the US. Towards the end of the 80's, NRR apparently quit their US activities and only released a couple of titles through SPV in Germany, while Restless licensed their stuff back home. These exclusive NRR/SPV-pressings are the ones I need to complete the list with. So far I know of:
OLIVER MAGNUM
SOOTHSAYER
BLOODFEAST-Chopping Block Blues
DEAD ORCHESTRA
INDESTROY-Senseless Theories

..unless someone has ever seen US Nrr-pressings of these titles too?
There is also a Restless/Colossal Records Release of Soothsayer at least on CD. Printed in Canada 7 72629-2.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've contacted New Renaissance Rec. via their official Myspace page to get further infos on the missing references but I have no answer yet .
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Are you still adding any other labels?

Also are you planning on adding whether or not the releases were also availible on CD format?
Last edited by Avenger on Thu May 01, 2008 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

@ooh:
Thanx! I've been planning to contact a few labels myself but haven't gotten around to it yet. Keep me posted.

@Avenger:
Yes, still plenty of labels out there to cover. I'd say about a dozen before I need to think twice about who to write about.

I'll include CDs in the discogs if they either a) were released at the same time as the LP or b) released with a separate serial number during the period I've chosen to cover. There should be tons of missing info in this particular area so all help is welcomed!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

How about the data like included innersleeve, lyrisleeve, lyricsheet, merch cards, poster, etc. That should be included as well.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

DaN wrote:@Avenger:
Yes, still plenty of labels out there to cover. I'd say about a dozen before I need to think twice about who to write about.

I'll include CDs in the discogs if they either a) were released at the same time as the LP or b) released with a separate serial number during the period I've chosen to cover. There should be tons of missing info in this particular area so all help is welcomed!
Well for starters, nearly all minus only a few of the No Remorse albums were released on CD, as I own the entire discography.

I'll get back to you regarding serial numbers, as my collection is in a ridiculous mess right now as I've recently moved and have yet to alphabetically organize it again on the shelving units.
Last edited by Avenger on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peterott

Post by peterott »

Hey Dan, just recognized your updates on the Corroseum-news and all the label-lists. It's a virus, isn't it ? When you start, you want to have them all. Same was here from my side when I did my label-list with now 150+ labels in the list.

Don't know if I can contribute to your lists (way better layouted/designed than my hand-written HTML-file list) but let's see if there are some gaps that I can fill.

EDIT: First update CCG Records. They released two CDs as well:

CCGCD001: Brutal Obscenity / Xyster - Split CD
=> Do you need a pic of both covers of the CD ?

CCG3: Tynator - Living In Pain LP / CD
http://static.metal-archives.com/images ... /13918.jpg

EDIT 2:
Chainsaw Murder CM005 - Calhoun Conquer MLP is called CMR005, not CM005. No idea why they changed this.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

@Noisenik: I had to draw a line somewhere on just how much info I should include on each record/band, or else the workload would just be immense. On some occations I've written a few words on special facts & features, but I don't think it would be possible to do it consistently throughout the discogs.

@Avenger: Just let me know which NRR-albums didn't come out on CD and I'll update the list. No need for serials if they were basically the same as the LPs (ie NRR 1006-cd, NRR1006-1 or something like that..)
I could use a scan/photo of the HEAVEN'S GATE 7" if you have it though.

@Peter: Yup, it's bloody addictive that's for sure. I guess it's connected to one's regular vinyl collecting mania, like a shot of methadone when you're all out of heroin :lol:
Cheers for the info too. Updated ...and I just added your page to my links - bloody long overdue!

Today I added a page on Guardian Records. I could use all or any info on possible NWOBHM tape releases, like that SATAN demo from '81 for instance.
LWR

Post by LWR »

Some additions to the Mandrake Root special.

MR.S.001
Hellen / For You
extra flexi for the Talon of King LP
(maybe MR.F.001 doen't exist?)

MR.F.004
Terra Rosa / Do Work
extra flexi for the Endless Basis LP

And the extra flexi for the Jewel LP should be either of 002 or 003,but the other is still unknown to me...
"DON'T BREAK THE OATH"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

DaN wrote:@Avenger: Just let me know which NRR-albums didn't come out on CD and I'll update the list. No need for serials if they were basically the same as the LPs (ie NRR 1006-cd, NRR1006-1 or something like that..)
I could use a scan/photo of the HEAVEN'S GATE 7" if you have it though.
Shit, I totally forgot about this...

I've finally got my collection in order and next time I have a day or two off I'll get this done.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

DaN, saw this note on the Sydney discog: "Killers "Cités Interdites" A bootleg vinyl from 2007/2008 exists, but it's obviously not made by Sydney Prod."

this is not true, it is not a bootleg, but an official license Dies Irae records from Brasil made with Brennus.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

If someone wants to know more about KILLERS discography, here's a link with a rather exhaustive discography :

http://bdolheguy.free.fr/discographie/latotale.htm
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Thanx. Fixed the Killers-error. Typically I just saw that LP being sold together with other bootlegs at KIT and didn't even bother to look who made it :roll: