TÖRR

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Which one is best

Armageddon 90
44%
Institut Klinicke Smrti 91
19%
Chcipni O Kus Dal 92
6%
Witchhammer 93
No votes
The Demos 83-89
31%
Some of the newer releases 96-06????? (explain)
No votes

Total votes: 16

The Knell

TÖRR

Post by The Knell »

Some probably know that Törr is my favourite band, of course mostly the stuff till '93. I'm heavily searching for the original 666 and Törr demos, at least pictures of 'em . I asked around but even my old czech contacts didn't saw those. They seem to be Fan Club releases ala Tudor's.
I would pay top dollar and shit for only one original demo. Of course also for that horribly rare Witchhammer LP which popped up in one czech auction recently. I didn't have enough money for it that time unfortunately...damn.

Anyone of you crazy collectors happen to know something about them ???

Besides that, tough call between the debut and the second for me. I'd call Armageddon but I also love Institut... for it's crazyness and guitarwork. Both have an incredible athmosphere but I found the debut much darker and sinister , so much that it give me aches all the time (good ones of course).
I like all releases Törr did so far, but haven't listened to "Morituri Te Salutant" so far. I even liked Tanec Svatyho Vita so it cant be too horrible for me I guess.
tomas

Post by tomas »

I voted for the old demos. Total raw satanic heavy/thrash metal madness.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I voted for the old demos too, that stuff is so evil !!!!!
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Demos for me too. Institut was cool as well, but I love the rawness and obscurity of the older stuff.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I think you all right but still I like the debut a very very little more. I mean, there is a flushing toilet, a "Wild Thing" Intro with someone grunting "stop that shit man" in czech, some demons belching, etc. I like that about Törr, that they never took all too serious and be a little bit fucked up in the whole.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Demo's for me too. I'm very glad they reissued them last year.
Witchfynde

Post by Witchfynde »

Haven´t heard all of their albums, so...
St. Erben

Post by St. Erben »

Was intending to vote for the "Kladivo na èarodìjnice" (Witchhammer 93) album but accidentally clicked the "Chípni o kus dál" option instead.
I think that's where all their finest songs are. "Armageddon", "Exorcist", the title track...
Noisehunter

Post by Noisehunter »

Voted for "Institut...". I like a lot the debut album, but for some reason I usually take this 2nd one to give it a spin. Still waiting to receive a copy of the "Witchhammer" LP from a friend.

EDIT: ...I'm talking about the recent re-issue vinyl, not the '93 album ([un]fortunately . :? )
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

The 7" is my favourite, but as it's not listed I've gone for 'Armageddon'
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I voted the demo's. Evil thrash at its best. Love this band.
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

BestialLust wrote:The 7" is my favourite, but as it's not listed I've gone for 'Armageddon'
Should wrote demos and EPs 83-89 instead sorry

Anyone saw an original demo from this band? I think I should write to Vlasta Henych but he is difficult to talk to when not in czech...
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I voted for Armagedon.One of the best Czech recordings.Sadly i have not heard the others but i doubt it will be better than this. :?