Worst Metal Bandnames

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
msp

Post by msp »

There is a Mexican Gore-grind band called: Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis

I bet they are shit
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

msp wrote:There is a Mexican Gore-grind band called: Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis

I bet they are shit
Yeah, i also bet they are. Their album covers are a beauty...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ReichnRoll

Post by ReichnRoll »

Wolf Spider is one of the most stupid band name I've ever come across. Good music though !
It's time to raise the flag of hate !
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

I think that all bands names who have ROXX in monicker is stupid.Sounds like COXX of FOXX .
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote:Well, my band is called Pedo, which is spanish for Fart, so I guess that most of you would think is a pretty lame name.
Ah, i see. I didn't know thename meant "fart".
In english "Pedo" is common slang for a child molester, from the word "pedophile" or "paedophile"(sp).
While i appreciate that a sick sense of humour is a good thing to have in the world of Death Metal, "Pedo" is a really bad idea for a band name if you're hoping to go further than spanish speaking countries.
I doubt you'd even be able to have your records distributed in Europe, (certainly not in the UK), with such a name, and people may be loathe to order anything from you online for fear of a knock on the door from the police, who would be very interested in people buying "pedo" materials from South America.
Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Heavy Load is a terrible name for a great band, sounds to me like a big shit, "Need to go to the toilet, gotta drop a heavy load". It's also the title of a Free song who are a terribly overrated band who bore me to death.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Yeah, I know the english connotations of Pedo, but all the lyrics are in spanish, so I guess is obvious that the band name is in spanish too.
For example, in the reverse case, there's a band called Malas, here "malas" is femenine for bad, so it means "bad girls" and when you see a picture of some guys trying to look really evil, and on the pic says "bad girls" is very funny, but we know that it doesn't actually means that.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote:Yeah, I know the english connotations of Pedo, but all the lyrics are in spanish, so I guess is obvious that the band name is in spanish too.
For example, in the reverse case, there's a band called Malas, here "malas" is femenine for bad, so it means "bad girls" and when you see a picture of some guys trying to look really evil, and on the pic says "bad girls" is very funny, but we know that it doesn't actually means that.
I gotta say, i was actually quite nervous about d/ling your demo because of the band name, i really don't want to end up on some Interpol internet pedophile list for d/ling music, i think it could cause you serious problems down the line if your band takes off.
There's no way you could walk down the street in an english speaking country with a "pedo" shirt on, you'd get lynched or beaten to death at best.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

But there are bands called Necropaedophile or stuff like that, and I think is foolish to avoid a word in one language for connotations on another. I don't think I'll change the name, I like it.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote:But there are bands called Necropaedophile or stuff like that, and I think is foolish to avoid a word in one language for connotations on another. I don't think I'll change the name, I like it.
I can see why you do, if it means "fart" in Spanish, i just think it could limit your chances of being heard by a wider international audience is all, and i reckon the English speaking audience is probably the single biggest for Metal of all kinds, by dint of the USA.
I just feel the name could work against you.
The more ears you reach the better.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I understand what you mean, and I already thought a lot about it, but finally I decided to make a stand for all spanish speaking people, even if it means the FBI catching me and getting brutally raped in prison :o
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote:I understand what you mean, and I already thought a lot about it, but finally I decided to make a stand for all spanish speaking people, even if it means the FBI catching me and getting brutally raped in prison :o
Pardon my Spanish, but i hope you get what i mean by this:
"Hasta La Siempre Victoria!"
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Haha, yeah. Actually is Hasta La Victoria Siempre! :wink:
aaaaag

Post by aaaaag »

You people are nuts. Anthrax is a killer name, and it's not a disease, it's a spore or something, as far as I know. Disastrous Murmur's one of my favourites. Ulysses Siren is a good name. Phlegethon too.

Countess is a stupid name. I don't know what a Manilla Road is. I dislike names witch leave out punctuation - Witches Hammer being one of them. Custard, Squealer, Accept -agreed. I thought Death was a stupid name, though I got used to it.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I never thought Judas Priest was a good name, but I got used to it. And initially I didn't like the name Impetigo, but now it's one of my favorite bands.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I've always thought Judas Priest is a great band name.

IMO Deathspell Omega, Shape Of Despair and especially Gloomy Grim :lol: are stupid band names. Dum Dum Bullet, Paradize, Shakespeare, Aragorn and Wild Pussy are some what silly too :)
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance