CRAP or MEDIOCRE known or well known only Bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

CRAP or MEDIOCRE known or well known only Bands

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I had a conversation yesterday with a friend of mine trying to define our Hate Lists.Here are some some examples of CRAP bands.

ANTHRAX(all CRAP,traitors,nu-metal originators)
MEGADETH(some good albums especially the Rust In Peace,Dave Mustaine is a fuckin´Asshole)
VOIVOD(one of the worst bands EVER!!!!)
MOTORHEAD(Lemmy gets on my nerves maybe the most wimp ever as for Music the only good thing are ``INSPIRATION´´ for some later beloved to me bands such as SODOM)
PARADISE LOST(gay)
PANTERA(all have told about them even their albums of the 80´s are Crap)
CRADLE OF FILTH(...)
IN FLAMES(sometime in the early 90´s they kicked some ass but nowadays...)
FATES WARNING(hmmm i naver liked them even their albums of the 80´s are Crap for me)
DREAM THEATER(only some good songs,i hate their progressive aproach)
SEPULTURA(brrrrr is this Music?Mainstream crapcorers)
GUNS ´N´ROSES(Motley Crue kick ass of Guns `N` Roses everyday)
CRAPSODY(Hollywood metal :lol: )
ANATHEMA(Haha ....metallers)
H.I.M :evil:
these are some bands for me of course you will disagree on some of them but that´s a part of my HATE LIST.At least i tried to explain why?Yours please justifying the reasons why.
Ryacus

Post by Ryacus »

I like most of anthrax 80's stuff,there are far worse random obscure generic bands.
John Arch era fates warning is awesome great 80's power/prog I don't see why you hate it so much but oh well.
Early sepultura is awesome death/thrash and thrash metal.
I'm pretty sure lemmy could kick your ass even at his age.
Voivoid is good at times,I haven't heard their later technical stuff but I would rather listen to their early stuff opposed to venom,bathory or hellhammer.

The rest of the other bands I pretty much agree with.

The bands I hate the most are as follows nile,opeth,nevermore,necrophagist,meshuggah I believe those don't really need explanation.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Lemmy is a wimp ?? :shock: :shock: You must be kiddin' !!! He's probably the only person in the (mainstream) metal business who has never sold his soul to the $$$ god. I saw MOTORHEAD yesterday in concert, and believe me, it still kicks ass !! (I'm half-deaf today)

Though I don't like all VOIVOD albums, I must admit that it's one of the rare bands whose all albums are interesting and novating.

I like the 3 first SEPULTURA albums. For ANTHRAX, I hate the Belladonna period, but I enjoy the albums they released with Bush on vocals.

My hate-list :

+ METALLICA, maybe the most pathetic band in the world. I recommand the DVD "Some Kind of Monster" to everybody. If you hated them before seeing this, you'll hate them 100000 times more after. Pretentious, arrogant rock stars. This band was never novating.
"Followers not Leaders"

+ Every single band who is labelled NYHC which is for me the lowest level of music. All these bands play the same 3 riffs for 20 years now and always yelling the same poor words "telling how society was unfair with them but now they are strong bla bla bla bla".

+ CRADLE OF FILTH, no need to explain why.

+ HELLOWEEN, as I said in another thread, they've killed the good european metal with their crappy "Keepers of the 7 Keys".

+ LED ZEPPELIN, imo Robert Plant's vocals are unbearable.

+ MOTLEY CRUE, even their debut album sucks, poor uninspired musicianship.

My hate-list is so long that I could go on for hours : AEROSMITH, MARYLIN MANSON, 95 percent of modern metal bands, ....
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Nice topic :twisted:

Here we go:

LED ZEPPELIN: In no way i can hear Plant singing. In no way. Crucify him!

DEEP PURPLE: I like some tracks, but Jon Lord's keys make me sick. More rotten than rot.

ANTHRAX: First album + Armed and dangerous EP only. Belladona period = crap. Most overrated metal band of all times.

METALLICA: Everyhting they've done after Black album is a disgrace. They simply stabbed in the back all of their older fans.

OVERKILL: First three albums only. Tons of meaningless releases.

ANNIHILATOR: Same as OVERKILL.

FLOTSAM AND JETSAM: Same as ANNIHILATOR.

SEPULTURA: After Chaos A.D. they have no reason to exist.

NECROPHAGIA: Who the hell told them to reunite? Even their first "cult" album sounds very typical to my ears. Killjoy's way of singing was interesting, but the songwriting was very very average.

BUDGIE: The ancestors of NWOBHM. So fucking what? Plain and boring to death songs.

No need to comment all the overpromoted foul bands like HAMMERFALL, COF, IN FLAMES, RHAPSODY etc.
Last edited by ION BRITTON on Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Wow! That was one hell of a default: every H AMMERFALL word is replaced by "my gay lover". Two thumbs up for The Corroseum crew!

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Ryacus

Post by Ryacus »

I don't care what anyone says I could never understand the hype around venom and hellhammer from random extreme metal fans, It may have sounded extreme back then but it sounds like sloppy shitty noise to me.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote:
SEPULTURA: After Chaos A.D. they have no reason to exist.
1. Chaos A.D. is also crap IMO

2. Bands that try to copycat Painkiller. Although Painkiller is a magnificient record, I simply can't endure those bands trying to sound like the mighty Judas Priest, like Gamma Ray, Primal fear and others.

3. Dream Theater: everytime I hear them (not too often and if I was forced to) I vomit my intestines through my throat.

4. Nevermore and Dragonforce: see Dream Theater.

5. 95% of all that is "modern black metal"

6. I hate melodic death metal

BUT I can't agree AT ALL with Fates Warning, Voivod, Motorhead, Megadeth (until "countdown to extinction") and early Led zeppelin.
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Ryacus wrote:I don't care what anyone says I could never understand the hype around venom and hellhammer from random extreme metal fans, It may have sounded extreme back then but it sounds like sloppy shitty noise to me.
VENOM are not that great for me as well, though some of their tracks totally slay. Their contribution to the extreme sound is undeniable. (Unintented) Satanic lyric themes, noisy sound, black feeling and lack of technic are some of the things that influenced hundends of thrash, death and black metal bands. They're not my favorite band, but i respect them.

On the other hand, HELLHAMMER were not so important as CELTIC FROST were. Tom Warrior's songwriting became much more mature and substancial in CF. In no case i would consider HELLHAMMER as innovators, all credit goes to CF imo.

Junkyard Barbarian

Post by Junkyard Barbarian »

hehehe I feel pretty weird since I like a lot bands like Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, Voivod, Venom, Hellhammer, etc...
bands I hate:
all modern black metal bands (facepainted clowns, NS cumshit, elitists, all that kind of faggotry)
all goregrindbrownwhatevershit bands (that's not metal. and not "grind" like it's supposed to be... what they do of Repulsion, Terrorizer?? bullshitters...)
technical death metal (NecroFAGist and such)
college rock & alternative rock
Mayhem, Immortal, Emperor, Marduk, Dark Funeral, etc.
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

ION BRITTON wrote:
LED ZEPPELIN: In no way i can hear Plant singing. In no way. Crucify him!
You can't imagine how much I'm happy to read this and how much times
I was threatened to be crucified to have said that I hate Robert Plant's vocals !!! I've always thought I was alone to think this !!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

how someone could hate FATES WARNING "Awaken The Guardian" one of the most epic and godly "mainstream" metal albums of all time, I cannot fathom that one, wow, shaking head in amazement....and early VOIVOD is pure poetry to these ears, "Blower" and "Suck Your Bone", etc, etc.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

doomedplanet wrote:how someone could hate FATES WARNING "Awaken The Guardian" one of the most epic and godly "mainstream" metal albums of all time, I cannot fathom that one, wow, shaking head in amazement....and early VOIVOD is pure poetry to these ears, "Blower" and "Suck Your Bone", etc, etc.
That's true, "Awaken the guardian" has everything to be a top 5 contender of best music ever, but I rate "The Spectre Within" a bit higher. That record does it for me. It's perfect. I must say that it took some time to get into this music when I bought it way back, it's a grower and then, when you're lucky: BANG it hits you like 2 tons concrete.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I HATE all that emo-metalcore-hardcore shit!

AVENGED SEVENFOLD, AIDEN, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, MASTODON, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, SLIPKNOT, HATEBREED etc... the list is endless...

It's fucking image music for kids. it's about how many tattoos and how much eyeliner & black nail polish you can wear! The poms love this shit!

Anything that sounds like HELMET with cookie-monster vocals I HATE! Stop/Start, 'jump tha fuck up' riffs I HATE like Soulfly, (later) Sepultura, Coal Chamber...about 95% of modern Roadrunner catalogue.

I HATE modern Euro Power Metal... I'm not even going to go there, you know who I mean!

And the 2 bands I HATE the most is:
TRIVIUM & DRAGONFARCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For Trivium they are just children basically in a Metallica (I hate them too) cover band, selling too many records for being totally unoriginal & they look so gay and un-tough in every photo i've ever seen, but they think they are the greatest. Total cocks!
Dragonfarce on the other hand are the weakest, ugliest, gayest, wimpiest, try-hard, boring, happy, gay, power metal band I've EVER heard! I dont know what all the hype is about. People who arent into power metal (or even metal for that sake) like them, says it all really! aaaarrrghhh... :x

Anyway, just a reminder...
VOIVOD = GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

when I dont like a band simply I dont listen to them nor bother about what they do. but l have to say that Lemmy is far of beign a wimp
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Haha great thread :D

IMO some of the mentioned bands really dont deserve to be hated, but however...

A band I really begin to hate is my former alltime-favorite: MANOWAR!! Everything they did after TRIUMPH OF STEEL is garbage, they still have one of the best vocalists ever, but they are nothing more than caricature of their own now :evil: Even worse that they are ripping off their fans in a way even KISS would be ashamed of...

Anyone heard the SONS OF ODIN CDSingle yet? Crap again, or is there some hope for the new album? I have so many good memories about their old records, they wrote so many CLASSICS, even if I dont like what they do since nearly 15 years now, I am still curious and cant entierly turn my back on them, damn :?
We praise the blood that metal brings