Slovenian Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

They could did worse, couldn't they?
I am ... the One you warned me of
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Funeral March :shock: :oops: :evil:
Keep politics OUT of this forum
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

A bunch of Pomaranča / Orange videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/pomadino

Be sure to check out this one - Madbringer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU7OPRguJ7A

horrible sound, though :?

This one rules too - one of their best songs in my opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wddL2BBI ... re=related :D
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

SARCASM is definitely the best Slovenian Band ever!
Very German sounding that's why i love them more.

Another one good Slovenian band i have heard are SALEM good thrash metal.
I will hear more Slovenian bands surely in the future.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I'm sure you will, Vaggeli.

'Hope I will acquire some early Turbo and Lene Kosti recs, boots, whoteva, for all you Heavy Metal nutters.

Oh, if someone needs Noisenik's very own rip of Xenophobia demo in 320 just pm me.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Noisenik wrote:I'm sure you will, Vaggeli.

'Hope I will acquire some early Turbo and Lene Kosti recs, boots, whoteva, for all you Heavy Metal nutters.

Oh, if someone needs Noisenik's very own rip of Xenophobia demo in 320 just pm me.
I think from time to time that i hardly can find as a ratio with population another country in the world with so many Thrash Metal bands.Slovenes really love Thrash Metal.

SALEM one of the best thrash metal demos i have heard.Really genious oldschool thrash(the guitar sound reminds of DESTRUCTION) with strange unusual lead and solo harmonies.Really unique band.
Question?=That guy Onufrios Tsavaris is greek?

EPIDEMIC ZONE another one classic brutal thrash in the untechnical way i like it.I can't understand why Giannis(ION BRITTON)says they remind him of US thrash?
Do you have the EPIDEMIC first demo

SARCASM no need for words for this monster.Do they have more old tracks?Why the last two tracks sound different from the other 8.
Do you guys have more old pictures than that i have seen from them.

More recommendations about other good ones?POMARANCA was not so good as i expected them.TURBO don't have good songs although they are skilled(anyone has the first demo?) GAME OVER are just good nothing exceptional like the above mentioned.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

If you're reffering to the last two tracks from the Igra Narave / Crematory CD, then it's because they were from 1992 (Crematory was 1989), and with a different singer if I'm not mistaken ...

You should also try Funeral March, which have released a tape in 1992 and Železobeton, the best Slovenian thrash band from the old days together with Sarcasm in my opinion - they are reunited now and have released an album called I Don't Know?! earlier this year, it as well includes many songs that were written in late 80s / early 90s + few new ones.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Fucking Åmål wrote:I think from time to time that i hardly can find as a ratio with population another country in the world with so many Thrash Metal bands.Slovenes really love Thrash Metal.
It was the most popular genre in the mid to late 80's through to summer of 1991. TM and Iron Maiden, probably because only IM and certain thrashers like Kreator, Destruction, Sacred Reich ever visited as to play. Also the teen generation of the time embraced the genre as the most brutal and therefore worth listen to. When next generation came, that is - mine, it inherited only Thrash and the most well known heavy/power/speed bands. Both generations were eager to add early and affirmating Death Metal. Then the "elders" decided to quit, while we prolonged, adding most of brutal bands of the time. Up until summer of 1994 I ignored everything that was not agressive enough, in the meantime I rabidly added a lot of DM and BM.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Here's something interesting for all ex-Yugoslavia metal collectors; I don't know how it sounds, honestly I didn't even know about this band or existence of this 7":

http://www.bolha.com/oglas3414997

On sale for 30 euros, according to the seller (who is a metalhead), it is hard rock / heavy metal, it was recorded in 1978, and the guitarist is Mijo Popovic (Pomaranca / Orange mainman). The vocalist was Tone Krasovec, but I can't remember right now if he played / sung in some metal bands later or not ..
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

damned cool picture sleeve.
Kojerk

Post by Kojerk »

I dunno, I don't think this track from Epidemic Zone sucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vxoDCLF ... re=related

Reminds me of that DEFCON track "Red Light" in a way.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Mr. Doctor played with some italian musician/session men during the years, mostly from Veneto and Friuli, italian regions close to the slovenian border....probably he's a slovenian of italian origins (there are many in the country), no wonder if he is
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Herkus Monte wrote:http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540317568

Has anyone heard of them?
Heard of them but not heard them. Their drummer, Boštjan Jurečič, had been co-running a HM edition on a national radio for quite some time. Chief source of info for many MHs, including myself, back in late 80's, early 90's.

Today he is one of editors in culture editorial on our national television. He's an art historian and painter by education.