Worst Metal Bandnames

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Corimngul

Post by Corimngul »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
Noisenik wrote:Funny that lotsa gases get credit with Metal-bands names. Hydrogen, neon, xenon, krypton, radon ... probably because of fancy syllables or negative / evil / harmful / dangerous connotations..
Or maybe 95% of these elements words are of Greek or Greek origin... :wink:

Just out of curiosity why don't you look how many percentage of Metal band names derive from Greek words or of Greek origins?I am sure you will be surprised. 8)
I do have a hard time telling words of Latin origin and Greek origin apart. (Not to mention the cases when the word exists in both languages, or was created in bordering territories - demographically speaking. Never studied either language properly though). I'm afraid that such a lookup would be almost statistically impossible (or at least very tiresome...) and would require either massive libraries or linguistical experts, who honestly could have done something more important. It's a fact however that English has very few "own" words, and many many influences.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

BRALALALALA
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

sovdat wrote:BRALALALALA

:?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
expect no mercy

Post by expect no mercy »

BAXAXAXAXA,a black metal band
Crows In Black

Post by Crows In Black »

I remember a death metal band called "shit comes out of the vagina instead of the butt"

no, im not joking.

I remember telling the guy "are you being serious? thats a retarded name....you at least use words like 'ass' and 'pussy' instead of 'butt' and 'vagina' " He was being completley serious and was like "NO WAY! THE NAME IS AWESOME, YOU'RE THE RETARD! YOU POSER!"

I think they only released one or two demos.
IF YOU ARE FALSE DO NOT ENTRY, OR YOU WILL BE BURNED AND DIED
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Crows In Black wrote:I remember a death metal band called "shit comes out of the vagina instead of the butt"

no, im not joking.

I remember telling the guy "are you being serious? thats a retarded name....you at least use words like 'ass' and 'pussy' instead of 'butt' and 'vagina' " He was being completley serious and was like "NO WAY! THE NAME IS AWESOME, YOU'RE THE RETARD! YOU POSER!"

I think they only released one or two demos.
Hahaha killer :D
We praise the blood that metal brings
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Haha :? really, what a name
Long Live The Loud !!!
Damon

Post by Damon »

hands down...disastrous murmur is the stupidest name ever
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

Some of the worst metal band names are, I think, simultaneously some of the best.

Kitten Remains
Rabbit's Carrot
Dumpy's Rusty Nuts
Seven Year Itch
Ethel The Frog
Wikked Vikker (sp?)

Some are just terrible, though, without even schlocky awesomeness to redeem them: i.e. Metallica

expect no mercy wrote:BAXAXAXAXA,a black metal band
I think you added an extra 'Xa'.
expect no mercy

Post by expect no mercy »

You are right.
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

If I was wrong then they'd have the ABSOLUTE TOTALLY MOST RIDICULOUS NAME EVER. :lol:

As it is they just have the ABSOLUTE MOST RIDICULOUS NAME EVER. :D
Hellhammer

Post by Hellhammer »

Azaras wrote:Some of the worst metal band names are, I think, simultaneously some of the best.

Kitten Remains
Kvlt !!
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

In metal archives there is a band called "." (Simply a freking dot), Sun O)))), and the worst names come form metalcore bands, they suck so much.
Keep politics OUT of this forum
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Well, my band is called Pedo, which is spanish for Fart, so I guess that most of you would think is a pretty lame name.