Old Spanish metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

tomas wrote:Some people like to hear the music before they buy it.
And Crotchbat always has links to places where you can buy the music.
Bullshit. That's like an mailorder that also let's you download their catalogue(down go the sales). You are an accessory to thievery.
tomas

Post by tomas »

1. I don't have enough money to buy everything. That's why I try to buy my major wants and all the other LPs I really want and only download the other stuff. I download for three reasons: because, like I said, I don't have the money to buy everything, because some music is out of print and to discover new bands/albums.
2. Who died and made you Chief Justice Of The Supreme Court? :lol:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

tomas wrote:Who died
Your honour.
tomas

Post by tomas »

At least have the decency to answer with arguments instead of attempts at humor or wit.

Why did my honour die?
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

tomas wrote:At least have the decency to answer with arguments instead of attempts at humor or wit.

Why did my honour die?
Downloading available albums and especially sharing those links is a crime.

I cannot by every album that I want, but that is no reason to start downloading everything. You don't have the time to download everthing, nor the time to properly listen to that material. I know lots of people who download whole albums to check them and then intend to buy them later. But eventually they never buy 75+% of their downloaded material because some other (new)album came along and since they already have those downloaded albums on their PC, there is no need to buy that album 'yet'.

Maybe you're different, but more than half the people who download available albums are not. So don't throw those links. And if you do download just to check those bands out, you should delete the album from your PC the next day and add it to your 'to buy' list.
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

I have Sacrophobia, an spanish death metal band in the vein of Entombed. very good, but you gotta teach me how to upload it if you wanna listen :twisted:
Keep politics OUT of this forum
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Black Axe wrote:
tomas wrote:At least have the decency to answer with arguments instead of attempts at humor or wit.

Why did my honour die?
Downloading available albums and especially sharing those links is a crime.

I cannot by every album that I want, but that is no reason to start downloading everything. You don't have the time to download everthing, nor the time to properly listen to that material. I know lots of people who download whole albums to check them and then intend to buy them later. But eventually they never buy 75+% of their downloaded material because some other (new)album came along and since they already have those downloaded albums on their PC, there is no need to buy that album 'yet'.

Maybe you're different, but more than half the people who download available albums are not. So don't throw those links. And if you do download just to check those bands out, you should delete the album from your PC the next day and add it to your 'to buy' list.
i completely agree,specially in those last words Black Axe
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Monetary availability is also an important factor for dowloading material, I simply could not afford to buy all the records I have, and many of the groups in my collection are almost impossible to find here in my country, 99% chance you won't have them and copies of those records and demos are extremely rare to obtain as well, besides costing quite a few euros or dollars. Many people here, including me, have other priorities like paying bills, college, debts and so; but in the other hand I'm saving money to buy some few records. Dowloading music in my case allows me to enjoy all those records which I could simply not be able to listen due a short budget.
Keep politics OUT of this forum
tomas

Post by tomas »

I think SolidSnake made it perfectly clear that not everyone has all the money in the world to buy all those records. Some people have other priorities, paying bills etc... Music is more fun of course but paying the bills has to be done in order to survive. Don't accuse me of marxism now, but I think music should be enjoyed by all, even by those who don't have enough money to buy it. As long as those other priorties are valid (paying water bills and college) and as long as they still buy sóme music (otherwise they're just leeches), noone has the right to judge them.

And buy the way, music is too expensive anyway, ... I mean ... 15euros for something that costs 5 or 6 euros to manufacture ... :lol:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

tomas wrote: And buy the way, music is too expensive anyway, ... I mean ... 15euros for something that costs 5 or 6 euros to manufacture ... :lol:
15 Euros are too much indeed, but you also have to pay a small amount for the artist's effort, that is the music that's been composed. It's the thing that matters most after all...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

tomas wrote:I think SolidSnake made it perfectly clear that not everyone has all the money in the world to buy all those records. Some people have other priorities, paying bills etc... Music is more fun of course but paying the bills has to be done in order to survive. Don't accuse me of marxism now, but I think music should be enjoyed by all, even by those who don't have enough money to buy it. As long as those other priorties are valid (paying water bills and college) and as long as they still buy sóme music (otherwise they're just leeches), noone has the right to judge them.

And buy the way, music is too expensive anyway, ... I mean ... 15euros for something that costs 5 or 6 euros to manufacture ... :lol:
I don't have the money to buy "all those records" either. I have the money to buy 3-4 records a month(which includes seeking out the better/cheaper deals and 2nd hand). Sure, it takes some slight sacrifices, but any hobby costs money and sacrifices. And 4 albums each month and all the records you already own should keep you more than happy. 'Cause each new album takes more than 5 listens to begin to judge, and your older records need listening too.

And what I mentioned before, you can also delete the downloaded material after you have checked it out.

The people creating your music often make big sacrifices to record their material so it is only fair that you make some too. A record may cost 5 euro's to manufacture, but an underground label and band both need to make money to survive too(That big(ger) labels/bands still ask 20 euro's(which is still a common price too) for albums is just rediculous).

@SolidSnake311: I can't find 99% of the material I buy in my country either. That's what the internet is for. You don't need 10 new albums a month either.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

The main reason they don't want you hearing the whole album before you buy it is because they are trying push mediocre albums mixed in with the good ones, the song samples are always the best songs off the album ever oh so conveniently surprise surprise,of course their sells will go down when people find out the album isn't as good as they want you to think.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I know everybody here likes metal in the traditional vein better than anything else, but Spain also had great Death Metal acts back in the day.

Demo bands like Bastardos Del Metal (which isn't exactly Death Metal but a strange mix of Punk, Death, Thrash and some Heavy vibe), Mortal Mutilation (specially the Dawn Of The Dead demo) and Suffocation are great. And I think Spain has one of the best Death acts, which is Machetazo.

If you know any more extreme acts you can recommend it'll be apreciated.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Cochino wrote:I know everybody here likes metal in the traditional vein better than anything else, but Spain also had great Death Metal acts back in the day.

Demo bands like Bastardos Del Metal (which isn't exactly Death Metal but a strange mix of Punk, Death, Thrash and some Heavy vibe), Mortal Mutilation (specially the Dawn Of The Dead demo) and Suffocation are great. And I think Spain has one of the best Death acts, which is Machetazo.

If you know any more extreme acts you can recommend it'll be apreciated.
Yes, MACHETAZO rules, awesome stuff
Long Live The Loud !!!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

tomas wrote:I think SolidSnake made it perfectly clear that not everyone has all the money in the world to buy all those records. Some people have other priorities, paying bills etc... Music is more fun of course but paying the bills has to be done in order to survive. Don't accuse me of marxism now, but I think music should be enjoyed by all, even by those who don't have enough money to buy it. As long as those other priorties are valid (paying water bills and college) and as long as they still buy sóme music (otherwise they're just leeches), noone has the right to judge them.

No one here can afford to buy everything they want, but that doesn't give them the right to steal it. You're arguing that stealing is OK if you want something and can't afford it. That's up to you, but I'm sure my morals don't work that way. I don't want to be that person.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.