Heavy Metal Huntingrounds?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

great_knuthulhu wrote:hehe, you should ask Dan what he found in London on friday...
No... I don't want to know, please no!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Well Dan, what did you found? :P
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Sentinel wrote:Well Dan, what did you found? :P
"Mechanarchy" by WILD PUSSY, £4. Prolly my insanest find ever so far, but I still have to agree that London seem like very lame HM huntingrounds. Next time I won't bother much with the record stores and try to do the regular, touristy stuff instead.
BestialLust wrote:you can find some real gems from time to time in local recordstores in suburban areas of London.
Sounds plausable. HM just seems too unhip for central London, at least that's the impression I got when chatting with a few store owners.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
"Mechanarchy" by WILD PUSSY, £4.
10 years before, yes, that would be insane, in 2007 it's fucking SICK! :lol:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

4 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please sell it to me, I'll give you 5! :D
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

We were going to kill Dan after the show on friday and take it off him, but then we thought we'd just start fighting between ourselves afterwards. And I'm just a puny little guy, so I thought better of it.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

DaN wrote:
"Mechanarchy" by WILD PUSSY, £4. Prolly my insanest find ever so far
HOLY FUCK!!!! Haha, gratz DaN, thats really insane!!
I remember 7 - 8 years ago I was on vacation with my old camping-van (you know him - RIP btw...) in south England, I even urged my girlfriend to drive with me to Cardiff, Wales, just to look for "some local records". There is a huuuge second hand shop in Cardiff (Kellys Records or so it was called), but no luck at all...
From there on it took me many years more to find a copy, and the price was ...well... expensive... :roll:

It's not only one for the rarest UK records, to me it's also maybe the BEST. Brilliant Power Metal Gem with awessome cover. Does your copy come with the fold-up insert as well?
We praise the blood that metal brings
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

:shock: indeed, it's still possible to find diamonds for nothing, great record by the way, congratz!!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
msp

Post by msp »

DaN wrote:
"Mechanarchy" by WILD PUSSY, £4. Prolly my insanest find ever so far, but I still have to agree that London seem like very lame HM huntingrounds. Next time I won't bother much with the record stores and try to do the regular, touristy stuff instead.
quote]

Dan, out of interest, what shops did you go to in London?
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

msp wrote: Dan, out of interest, what shops did you go to in London?
Sex Shops :lol:
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

DaN wrote:"Mechanarchy" by WILD PUSSY, £4.
You can't even get a cup of coffee for that price in London!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Haha, everything can happen when DaN is out strikin' another record shop. Your luck is intense mate. Congratz.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

WP came w/ the insert. and it was just about the only vinyl in really great condition I saw in that store. It was in the bigger one of the Music & Video Exchange stores in Notting Hill. I went to a few other of those, some 3-stores-in-1-place pretty close to Camden Town, Sister Ray, Resurrection, Cheapo Cheapo and a few others. Saw mostly crap.

Anyone heard the SCORCHED EARTH 12" and the SEVENTH WAVE 7", both from the UK? I left them behind coz you couldn't listen to them in the store.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
Anyone heard the SCORCHED EARTH 12" and the SEVENTH WAVE 7", both from the UK? I left them behind coz you couldn't listen to them in the store.
I think i have the Scorched Earth 12" and of course i don't remember shit about it. I'll check it out + let you know.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
steelangel

Post by steelangel »

In switzerland where I live, there are no more stores where you can find interesting stuff, even Swiss stuff to a decent price. Sometimes, very scarce however, my friend who is owning a record store is calling me when he got a Swiss 7" or a mid rarity but it's once or twice a year...