D&S Records/NINJA, COURAGE etc..

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Keir

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:I don't suppose there were someone from this forum who nicked the "Break Out vol. I" LP from Swayingbill recently?
Hey, that was me! $5! :twisted:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Keir wrote:
DaN wrote:I don't suppose there were someone from this forum who nicked the "Break Out vol. I" LP from Swayingbill recently?
Hey, that was me! $5! :twisted:
Bastard! Cretin! Knob! Trade it? Prettyplease?
Keir

Post by Keir »

No, I rather like it thankyouverymuch. :P
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Fair enough. Think you could rip&upload it?
Keir

Post by Keir »

Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

NINJA-Invincible was a quite surprise for me since it is excellent quality 80's metal like Accept,Danton.
COURAGE-Although very good not like NINJA though.
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

roihlem wrote:
MassOfKthulu wrote: Courage is definitely 200 copies
Too less for such a gem... :cry:
COURAGE is 300 copies, that's gor sure and in fact it is D&S first release...

in fact it was intended to be a private release recorded in the D&S Recording studios but released through D&S...

I have a complete (or near complete) releases list from a German friend, i will post soon

The label evolved into Treasure Hunt Records in the mid to late 90's...

@Kyr: the courage (and D&S info) comes from Matt, i trust him as more than accurate....
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Always need 'em holes filled: http://www.thecorroseum.com/labels/ds.html
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Did you talk to him recently? I didn't hear from him in years, the last email I sent him he never answered.
Kostas_Kailiazis wrote: @Kyr: the courage (and D&S info) comes from Matt, i trust him as more than accurate....
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

DaN wrote:Always need 'em holes filled: http://www.thecorroseum.com/labels/ds.html
Hmm....

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm thinking that the "DS318-0021 1991" hole in the discography could be Salvage - S/T album.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Hattingen is like 1 hour away. More of a village if recall it right.

Oh they released a local punk band here, that's interesting

Never heard of that label until now.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

DaN wrote:Always need 'em holes filled: http://www.thecorroseum.com/labels/ds.html
Very good attempt! Congrats! But D&S released also some very cool cds (along with the thrash/death ones) like the great s/t debut by German progsters Doomsday from Lower Saxony (nothing to do with the crappy follow-up) or Dorian Gray's debut or Macbeth with the "Beware of Human Agression" album & some more I can't recall. I think that would be cool to be made a similar attempt for another mystery label "Gorgon/Inline"...
hload

Post by hload »

Avenger wrote:
Hmm....

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm thinking that the "DS318-0021 1991" hole in the discography could be Salvage - S/T album.

man, i love this baby.man, it slays! :) i have it on both versions. but no catalog number, no nothing. actually nothing is written in the spine(even the title is missing. ).the european version was distributed(co-released?) by semaphore.
Last edited by hload on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hload

Post by hload »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Very good attempt! Congrats! But D&S released also some very cool cds (along with the thrash/death ones) like the great s/t debut by German progsters Doomsday from Lower Saxony (nothing to do with the crappy follow-up) or Dorian Gray's debut or Macbeth with the "Beware of Human Agression" album & some more I can't recall. I think that would be cool to be made a similar attempt for another mystery label "Gorgon/Inline"...
you da man, brotha. excellent choises. actually first 3 dorian gray are so fucking great, i love these bastards....heavenward also, salvage, seventh avenue, phalanx.....i believe that we should add them in the database also. most of these bands were better than the ones featured in the vinyl compilations....
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

@Rob: I saw him at the last UTH, we talk once in a while and of course see each other at KIT and UTH (try it once, haha!!!). Also, check your pm's

@Dan: There are more albums, please be patient for a few days, i will post what i know...

@Nebuchadnezzar. Inline seems to be a sub-label or another Michael Jesch effort, i had forgotten about it. The Deceiver LP (i don't know about the CD and the Battery label it is on) is released through D&S AND Inline Music (same goes for the Heavenward debut CD-i don't know about the LP here), while the second Heavenward CD is released "exclusively" through Inline.

Pls don't forget about Mordancy CD, Embargo CD's etc.