Sickest rehearsals/live stuff?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Destrozer

Sickest rehearsals/live stuff?

Post by Destrozer »

I'm listening to the Parabellum rehearsals featured on the "Tempus Mortis" CD and that has to be some of the most insane stuff ever heard. Everytime I listen to those tracks I just feel like a caveman, it's hard to describe the feeling one gets, just killer. What else do you guys think can match these tracks in violence and sickness?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

NOTHING compares to Halliday's insane rantings between the songs on the "Scheming Demons" rehearsal, but apart from that. Hm....

Greeks DANGER CROSS' "recitation of death" reh.demo has a really eerie & brooding feel to it. A Deathrash fave.

I got a fucking raging pre-LP CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER live tape somewhere, where they're playing at a house party. I definitely need to check that one out.

Then there's that 40 min MORBID rehearsal some friends of mine have, which is probably the best and most brutal recording they ever did. Too bad he won't share it :(

There must be more. Thinking make head hurt. Ouch!
anthares

Post by anthares »

Good stuff mentioned.
My vote for sickest sounds would be some latin stuff, maybe a bit more hc sounding but whatta hell, these brasilian bands really delivered some sick and bizarre feeling in early eighties:
Ruidos Absurdos, SP Caos etc live tape (I am pretty sure that there is a riot or warfare going on at stage)
Armagedom demo and live lp (sounds like their instruments really explodes in their hands)
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I love very much the Sarcofago demos for example, which sound like a very good recorde rehearsal, or thse of Death SS which are very obscure sounding. Parabellum stuff is interesting or Reencarnacion. Mexico's Frightful cross had some very good stuff from rehearsals
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

SODOM - early demos
HELLHAMMER - demos
UNITED MUTATION - demos (Not metal, but, man, that was fuckin' GRIND at that time)
SATAN'S HOST - midnight wind unreleased Lp (hey Dimmu Borgir kids, that's BLACK and METAL. True pioneers! Eternal Hail!)

I'm getting tired of thinking...Stop.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

The best, coolest and weirdest stuff is from HELL!!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

I agree that Hell recorded some of the most insane music ever, maniacal stuff for sure!
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

I have two Vulcano shows from the 80s on tape which are just insane.
Though I don't think anything will beat the Parabellum live video on that CD for pure insanity. Not even the Parabellum rehearsals.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I have a SLAYER rehearsal. They play the entire Hell Awaits album without vocals. It's pretty good.
I also have a rehearsal tape from a bad called HELLHOUSE, released 1987 or 1988 which is quite insane.
Also CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER (pre demo stuff) and a Japanese band called GENOA.
Last edited by omen of hate on Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ION BRITTON wrote:UNITED MUTATION - demos (Not metal, but, man, that was fuckin' GRIND at that time)
Remind me to buy you a beer for mentioning the godly UNITED MUTATIONS, should we ever meet up at a festival :twisted:
BestialLust wrote:Though I don't think anything will beat the Parabellum live video on that CD for pure insanity. Not even the Parabellum rehearsals.
Yes yes yes. Possibly the coolest live clip EVER.

Sorry for going out on a "kvlt blakk metl"-limb here, but I honestly think MAYHEM's classic live in Leipzig is one of the most awesome Thrash stuff ever recorded, utterly superior to any of their studio recordings.
Ernstv

Post by Ernstv »

I really like the Razor rehearsals for their Shotgun Justice and Violent Restitution albums I recently tracked down on the internet. Even without vocals, that stuff is insanely aggressive!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Where did you find those RAZOR rehearsals? Post the links in the Rare Metal downloads thead if they're still available.
Ernstv

Post by Ernstv »

I got them of the Exodus forum; there is a closed board there for mp3 traders of rare live stuff or demo's. I'll try to upload all of them to a free download site for you guys tonight ok? :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ok?
VERY ok indeed! :D
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

DaN wrote:Sorry for going out on a "kvlt blakk metl"-limb here, but I honestly think MAYHEM's classic live in Leipzig is one of the most awesome Thrash stuff ever recorded, utterly superior to any of their studio recordings.
Firstly, that's not a "kvlt blakk metl" statement anymore - I think it's become passe for kids to even acknowledge MAYHEM did any good stuff.

Secondly, I absolutely agree with you. On the "live In Leipzig" record they had a very loose, open feel... almost jammy, and yet still totally brutal thrash metal. The drums and bass on that are more "alive", more "metal", with lots of inventive fills and more traditional playing (especially in the drums).

On their album they put me to sleep. The drums keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over, with the same exact fill over and over and over...