Links-dept. reopened!

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
DaN
Administructor

Re: Links-dept. reopened!

Post by DaN »

Prowler wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:35 pm Can we re-open the MotorCityRock site please? I loved the old flyers, posters and soundclips of obscure Detroit Rock bands... :roll:
Oh doG yezz.. The perfect example of a truly dedicated music trivia site with a clear, defined theme. They even had mp3's or rare demos and live stuff of some local obscurities. This should be the latest version grabbed by archive.org:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140322051 ... yrock.com/
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Now that's some weird synchronicity, I was just on archive's version of MotorCityRock last night. Unfortunately for the bands i checked out all the extra content (pics, mp3s etc) wasn't archived, just the main band pages themselves. Better than nothing of course, but it's a shame that so much content is lost.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

bigfootkit wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:48 am Now that's some weird synchronicity, I was just on archive's version of MotorCityRock last night. Unfortunately for the bands i checked out all the extra content (pics, mp3s etc) wasn't archived, just the main band pages themselves. Better than nothing of course, but it's a shame that so much content is lost.
Well, at least I've most of the Metal and Hard Rock stuff downloaded back in the day and still spread on certains CD's. So these could be restored...
That Stone White track is just "manifique". Would love to hear the full demo of them.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Prowler wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:11 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:48 am Now that's some weird synchronicity, I was just on archive's version of MotorCityRock last night. Unfortunately for the bands i checked out all the extra content (pics, mp3s etc) wasn't archived, just the main band pages themselves. Better than nothing of course, but it's a shame that so much content is lost.
Well, at least I've most of the Metal and Hard Rock stuff downloaded back in the day and still spread on certains CD's. So these could be restored...
That Stone White track is just "manifique". Would love to hear the full demo of them.
That showed great foresight. I wrongly assumed there was no hurry to d/l anything. :(
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:15 am Wow, Rockdetector = pure, refined internet nostalgia. I vaguely remember it going downhill after the change to 'Music Might' though. As for adding it to the HMWM, I think it would be quite tricky to get the rights to do so, plus it might simply be too large...

I liked the look of Fusewire - seems to be photo-focused site. I might contact the editor about his old fanzine :)
Here's just a little taste of that 'pure refined internet nostalgia' you spoke of. I stumbled across this by chance, and it seems not too many pages have been archived, but for those who recall rockdetector/musicmight it's a warm fuzzy blast from the past.:

https://web.archive.org/web/20090112212 ... seattle/q5