Livestream on Aug 12: Metal Records Never Seen on YouTube's Vinyl COmmnuity

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Khnud

Re: Livestream on Aug 12: Metal Records Never Seen on YouTube's Vinyl COmmnuity

Post by Khnud »

bigfootkit wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:03 amHe should do a 'matinee' companion episode that takes place early enough for the Europeans/Scandinavians to take part & have the likes of DaN & Khnud on board to show off some of their pieces & gush about the merits of Witch Wrath's EP or whatever. I bet he'd be up for it.
I'd totally be up for that. I've already started compiling a list on which items to show, haha.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

doomedplanet wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:28 pm
nightsblood wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:53 pm Hi folks-
I and two other collectors will be on the Heavy Metallurgy livestream tomorrow night (Fri Aug 8, 2022, at 9 pm Eastern US Daylight time). Our topic is to show and chat about obscure metal records that we never see on other YouTube vinyl channels and that no one seems to ever mention in the YouTube heavy metal community. Basically I could have called the stream "A Salute to the Corroseum" but DaN refused to pay me tribute in Eastern Bloc 7" singles, but I'll still give the Corro a shout-out during the show.
Note- we'll probably show a few Grail items but that's not the main point of the show. Some of the stuff we include may be relatively cheap and/or easy to find but no one seems to discuss them on YT. We want to show obscure stuff, not just Ultra rare and/or Super Expensive stuff.
Sorry for self-advertising but I figured some folks here might enjoy the episode. It will be recorded and available on the channel after Friday night so you can watch it at a later time.
That was entertaining, always nice to see some records I'm missing, ARGH!

Count me in to the fanclub:

Holy ...! How come I've never given this a proper listen (until today)! Is this kind of mixture of Judas Priest and BÖC? ?? And how come this band isn't more known. Count me in fan club as well!
I am ... the One you warned me of
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:38 pm I've passed the 3h mark now - this is some veeeeery addictive shit! I keep wanting to bang my fists against the screen, begging to be let into the discussion :lol:
...meaning, lots of fave records mentioned and/or ones with personal stories attached, like
Exclusive content for logged in users.
(hidden because spoilers)

Really looking forward to your next similar session!
In accord with comment on YT, I listened to it in three parts, but as DaN has written, it is indeed some really "addictive shit". Maybe that introductory part was a tiny bit too long, but it only added to the tension before the flood ensued. It keeps one wondering, what "shit" they will come up with next. I immediately went for WHITE BOY AND THE AVERAGE RAT BAND. Very "Detroity" band name.
Exclusive content for logged in users.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Noisenik wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:03 pmI immediately went for WHITE BOY AND THE AVERAGE RAT BAND. Very "Detroity" band name.
Indeed. And it's also one of the most intense fuzzed out hard rock albums of the era. If you can live with that it's a bit uneven in places.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Khnud wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:25 pm
Noisenik wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:03 pmI immediately went for WHITE BOY AND THE AVERAGE RAT BAND. Very "Detroity" band name.
Indeed. And it's also one of the most intense fuzzed out hard rock albums of the era. If you can live with that it's a bit uneven in places.
In fact, I can. And pretty well. The only really weak point is "Prelude". I wouldn't call it a filler, it sounds more like a sabotage :lol: . Perhaps I could get used to it, will see. After last two listens the album sounds great. Will give it a few spins in a few days.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I was up late enough last night to watch this week's episode live but the 'Reap Or Keep' format this time 'round didn't work as well for me as last week's show & tell did. Too many excursions into extreme metal territory & many more recent bands that i knew nothing about to get full invested in most of the outcomes. The basic concept seems sound, but perhaps they should have opted for 3 or 4 tough choices & debated those in more depth.
Thanks for reminding me about this one, i'd forgotten it had been re-released recently so i must go & have a nose around to see what the asking price is & if it has any bonus material.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

bigfootkit wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:28 am
Thanks for reminding me about this one, i'd forgotten it had been re-released recently so i must go & have a nose around to see what the asking price is & if it has any bonus material.
There seems to be both cd and vinyl reissue still available. I gave about 0,6 listen to their third full length, but there were no real seismics detected. Of course, I will try again. Also I wonder how to find out their second full length on cdr.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:38 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:28 am Thanks for reminding me about this one, i'd forgotten it had been re-released recently so i must go & have a nose around to see what the asking price is & if it has any bonus material.
There seems to be both cd and vinyl reissue still available. I gave about 0,6 listen to their third full length, but there were no real seismics detected. Of course, I will try again. Also I wonder how to find out their second full length on cdr.
The reissue seems to be quite expensive in my locale unfortunately, also i was sure it only came out about 9-12 months ago, but no, it's been 5 years. :shock: Time sure does whizz by now. I'm sure i heard a couple of songs from their 2nd album on YT a while back & was unmoved by them at that time. Little of the feel of their debut seemed to have survived.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.