Livestream on Aug 12: Metal Records Never Seen on YouTube's Vinyl COmmnuity

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
nightsblood

Livestream on Aug 12: Metal Records Never Seen on YouTube's Vinyl COmmnuity

Post by nightsblood »

Hi folks-
I and two other collectors will be on the Heavy Metallurgy livestream tomorrow night (Fri Aug 8, 2022, at 9 pm Eastern US Daylight time). Our topic is to show and chat about obscure metal records that we never see on other YouTube vinyl channels and that no one seems to ever mention in the YouTube heavy metal community. Basically I could have called the stream "A Salute to the Corroseum" but DaN refused to pay me tribute in Eastern Bloc 7" singles, but I'll still give the Corro a shout-out during the show.
Note- we'll probably show a few Grail items but that's not the main point of the show. Some of the stuff we include may be relatively cheap and/or easy to find but no one seems to discuss them on YT. We want to show obscure stuff, not just Ultra rare and/or Super Expensive stuff.
Sorry for self-advertising but I figured some folks here might enjoy the episode. It will be recorded and available on the channel after Friday night so you can watch it at a later time.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
DaN
Administructor

Re: Livestream on Aug 12: Metal Records Never Seen on YouTube's Vinyl COmmnuity

Post by DaN »

nightsblood wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:53 pm DaN refused to pay me tribute in Eastern Bloc 7" singles..
FROM MY COLD. DEAD. HANDS.

...seriously though, this sound like a must-watch - the internet needs more WHEELZ OF STEEL :lol:
I won't be able to catch it live since it starts at 3 in the morning over here, but I couldn't ask for better Breakfast TV.
Hans

Post by Hans »

Sounds fun, will it be available to watch later?

Edit: it will be, will watch it!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

If i'm up i'll drop in & say hi, but it's more likely i'll catch up later as it'll be the small hours here by the time you're live. Looking forward to it either way.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Will definitely check it out, unfortunately not live (it'll be 3 'o clock in the morning here).
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Checked it out. Kinda "nice" selection. It turned out to be quite educative. Cheers!
I am ... the One you warned me of
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

nightsblood wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:53 pm Hi folks-
I and two other collectors will be on the Heavy Metallurgy livestream tomorrow night (Fri Aug 8, 2022, at 9 pm Eastern US Daylight time). Our topic is to show and chat about obscure metal records that we never see on other YouTube vinyl channels and that no one seems to ever mention in the YouTube heavy metal community. Basically I could have called the stream "A Salute to the Corroseum" but DaN refused to pay me tribute in Eastern Bloc 7" singles, but I'll still give the Corro a shout-out during the show.
Note- we'll probably show a few Grail items but that's not the main point of the show. Some of the stuff we include may be relatively cheap and/or easy to find but no one seems to discuss them on YT. We want to show obscure stuff, not just Ultra rare and/or Super Expensive stuff.
Sorry for self-advertising but I figured some folks here might enjoy the episode. It will be recorded and available on the channel after Friday night so you can watch it at a later time.
That was entertaining, always nice to see some records I'm missing, ARGH!

Count me in to the fanclub:
20220813_142239_2.jpg
20220813_142239_2.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 4931 times
Last edited by doomedplanet on Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Woah, that's an epic episode. Loved the first hour, will work my way through the rest of it as time allows. Great job all.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Same here, watched through the first hour, will try to find the time to catch the rest along the line.

Fun to hear your thoughts on why some of us choose to dig deeper into the obscure, and I totally agree with the idea that Priest, Maiden and Metallica don't need yet another three middle aged men praising them, what we need is to expand people's minds. Celebrate the diversity, and give those unknown gems a moment to shine! For once.

Nice to see MANSFIELD getting a mention, the release is noteworthy because it was the first record featuring Doug Aldrich. Thank you BigfootKit, for introducing this band to me via your blog, some 15 years ago. 8)
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I've passed the 3h mark now - this is some veeeeery addictive shit! I keep wanting to bang my fists against the screen, begging to be let into the discussion :lol:
...meaning, lots of fave records mentioned and/or ones with personal stories attached, like
Exclusive content for logged in users.
(hidden because spoilers)

Really looking forward to your next similar session!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:53 am Nice to see MANSFIELD getting a mention, the release is noteworthy because it was the first record featuring Doug Aldrich. Thank you BigfootKit, for introducing this band to me via your blog, some 15 years ago. 8)
In a nice full circle moment i'm sure i first read about the Mansfield record on the Corroseum & set out to hear it as a result. 20 years or so later here we are talking about Mansfield on the Corroseum. :D
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

I was live there....woke up at 4am, and remembered that the show was announced here. Really a cool show with unexpected records like Militia, Critical Mass, and lots of second tier German Metal....
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

DaN wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:38 pm I've passed the 3h mark now - this is some veeeeery addictive shit! I keep wanting to bang my fists against the screen, begging to be let into the discussion :lol:
Haha, I felt the exact same way. Alan will have no problems finding people to join the show, if he decides to give it another go.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

bigfootkit wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:04 am
Khnud wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:53 am Nice to see MANSFIELD getting a mention, the release is noteworthy because it was the first record featuring Doug Aldrich. Thank you BigfootKit, for introducing this band to me via your blog, some 15 years ago. 8)
In a nice full circle moment i'm sure i first read about the Mansfield record on the Corroseum & set out to hear it as a result. 20 years or so later here we are talking about Mansfield on the Corroseum. :D
It's... beautiful.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:42 am
bigfootkit wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:04 am
It's... beautiful.
:lol: :lol: :lol: It kinda is.
Found it amusing to see Alan finding those uniquely Nightsblood observations in real time, of the type that i've become so familiar with over the years from the forum, his reviews & e-mail to & fro's, like when he was trying to muster up the precise words to describe his confusion over the Inflite cover art 'concept'. :D
Thought he did a great job moderating the episode. you'd never have known it was his 1st time in that role. He should do a 'matinee' companion episode that takes place early enough for the Europeans/Scandinavians to take part & have the likes of DaN & Khnud on board to show off some of their pieces & gush about the merits of Witch Wrath's EP or whatever. I bet he'd be up for it.
Incidentally i always thought that Inflite cover was probably inspired by the excellent poster art for the classic '80's flick 'Q : The Winged Serpent', by the incredible Boris Vallejo:
There aren't enough films about Quetzalcoatl.