7" metal and hard rock mixes

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
Pavlos

Re: 7" metal and hard rock mixes

Post by Pavlos »

Wow, thanx for doing this. I just downloaded all four of them...

Listening to it right now...and here's the GIF to show my feelings about this projects!!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Mr. Preston, thank you very much for making these available for download. Hopefully I will not forget to give you some kudos at MC again. And sorry, no gif.

This make me wonder, Graham, any chance to see COTU efforts as downloads? Vol. 1 at least? Cheers in advance.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

The Sword by my side mix,the only one I 've listened so far, is very good indeed. Especially the Invasion track was a total killer! Along with the already known Chalice, are my favourites. On the other hand, this "Hare Krishna" track was a bit... awkward. :lol:
Ps. Thanks Rob for the time and effort. He is a long time metal scouter and generous enough to share his findings.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
bobo

Post by bobo »

Thank you very much !!!!!

I have a problem downloading Cut by the Kid mix. Does someone else have problems?
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

bobo wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:50 pm Thank you very much !!!!!

I have a problem downloading Cut by the Kid mix. Does someone else have problems?
Very strange but my attempt failed too, i'll have to fix that later.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Bobo: I could not get mediafire to give me a valid link, so I put that archive up on my dropbox
Last edited by doomedplanet on Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobo

Post by bobo »

doomedplanet wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:32 pm Bobo: I could not get mediafire to give me a valid link, do I put that archive up on my dropbox
Yes, sure, whatever is the most convenient for you.Thanks !!!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

bobo wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:00 pm
doomedplanet wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:32 pm Bobo: I could not get mediafire to give me a valid link, do I put that archive up on my dropbox
it is done.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Thank you for these mixes! Really interesting stuff, most of which I had never heard before, and a few gems hidden in there too.
bobo

Post by bobo »

doomedplanet wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:18 pm
bobo wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:00 pm
it is done.
Thank you very much !!!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Sort-of-a-mix. I selected the music. New episode of the Lord Weird Slough Feg podcast with your truly as this episodes guest:

http://sloughfeg.com/feed/
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

doomedplanet wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:56 pm Sort-of-a-mix. I selected the music. New episode of the Lord Weird Slough Feg podcast with your truly as this episodes guest:

Wow! Cool! Is that Mike (Scalzi)'s project or someone elses?
I am ... the One you warned me of
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

doomedplanet wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:56 pm Sort-of-a-mix. I selected the music. New episode of the Lord Weird Slough Feg podcast with your truly as this episodes guest:

Thanks Rob, that was an interesting listen musically, some good picks. Hadn't heard Blue Max in a long time & Paralex is always welcome. The stream also had the unexpected (but very welcome) effect of making me feel a whole lot better about my memory, coz compared to the SF guys i'm now reassured that mine's not too bad after all. :lol: How on earth do they remember their rather complicated music when every name, date or event that sprang to mind over 2 & a half hours was beyond their grasp?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
alien laserblast

Post by alien laserblast »

This was great, that Lizzy track was out of sight. I gotta track down that box set! Also holy shit at that blue max, so cool! A lot of the stuff you played had kinda Feg-sims which seemed to go unnoticed by the hosts, nice work!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Mike & Adrian started the podcast at the start of covid shutdown and I highly recommend taking the time to go through old episodes because some very interesting tidbits about the band are revealed and also some really hilarious moments too. AND they play a whole lot of previously unheard demo versions of album tracks too sprinkled throughout the seasons.
Noisenik wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:02 am Wow! Cool! Is that Mike (Scalzi)'s project or someone elses?

I'll admit I cannot remember what I had for dinner last night but if asked the name of both Mandator album titles I can rattle those off pretty much with ease. :D
Now that you mention it they are kind of loose on names, dates and events :shock:
I did have fun doing this episode.
bigfootkit wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:49 am Thanks Rob, that was an interesting listen musically, some good picks. Hadn't heard Blue Max in a long time & Paralex is always welcome. The stream also had the unexpected (but very welcome) effect of making me feel a whole lot better about my memory, coz compared to the SF guys i'm now reassured that mine's not too bad after all. :lol: How on earth do they remember their rather complicated music when every name, date or event that sprang to mind over 2 & a half hours was beyond their grasp?

Have you heard any of the earlier podcasts from previous seasons? If you have I TRIED to take some of those "Feg-isms" a little further by deliberately saying things that would get an anticipated reaction or, at least, expected line of rambling. In a few cases it worked really well.
alien laserblast wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:21 pm This was great, that Lizzy track was out of sight. I gotta track down that box set! Also holy shit at that blue max, so cool! A lot of the stuff you played had kinda Feg-sims which seemed to go unnoticed by the hosts, nice work!