ASHBURY : KXCI 91.3 Session (2010) USA

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Live Radio Session from KXCI's Studio 2A, Tucson, Arizona, USA, September 20th, 2010
Broadcast Live on KXCI's 'For Locals Only' show

320 kbps

01. Intro/The Warning
02. Take Your Love Away
03. The Cold Light Of Day
04. Always Something More
05. Madman
06. Mystery Man
07. Austin To Abilene
08. Chasing Shadows
09. Interview

Tracks 1,2,5 & 6 : original versions on the 1983 'Endless Skies' LP
Tracks 3,4 & 8 : original versions on the 2005 'Something Funny Going On' LP
Track 7 : unreleased '80's song

ASHBURY :
Randy Davis : Lead & Harmony Vocals, Electric & Acoustic Guitars, Keyboards (RIGID SPUR, THE DAVIS BROTHERS, ASHBURY SOUTH)
Rob Davis : Lead & Harmony Vocals, Acoustic Guitar (THE DAVIS BROTHERS, ASHBURY SOUTH)

Interviewers : Al Perry & 'Doctor' Dan Twelker
Engineers: Duncan Hudson & Jimi Cracovaner
Producer: Dan Twelker

"Ashbury being embraced by the heavy metal community has been great, beyond words!
The greatest and most adamant fans we have are those that love this genre and our favourite shows are the metal festivals.
At a show in Tucson in 2013, some metal fans came from out of state. We also had local fans there that were not metal fans, sitting at tables to enjoy the music, while our metal fans swarmed the stage. One girl asked ‘What’s wrong with those people – they’re just sitting there!’ That’s the best account we can give of the difference in genres!
We brought back Johnny Ray (drummer on ‘Endless Skies’) for some reunion shows in 2013, which included Hammer Of Doom in Germany, and Ragnarökkr Metal Apocalypse, in Chicago. The shows were extremely well received and enjoyable for us, but the best part was finally meeting long time fans who expressed their delight over seeing ‘Endless Skies’ performed live; which many said they never expected would ever happen.
We’re extremely pleased to be included in so many metal festivals, being that we are not a metal band. I would describe Ashbury as an epic rock band, so we are very fortunate to be included in shows that truly have the best fans in the world.
Keep It True and Muskelrock will be the highlights for this year and we are looking forward to being there amongst the outstanding line-ups these festivals always deliver! Our biggest thanks goes to the fans who still get excited about hearing ‘Endless Skies’ performed live.
And the future…? We’ll continue to play music and see where providence and inspiration lead us."
Rob Davis interviewed in Iron Fist #15

https://www.facebook.com/people/Ashbury ... 3698877907

art & txt included
Exclusive content for logged in users.
no PW
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
metaljunkie

Re: ASHBURY : KXCI 91.3 Session (2010) USA

Post by metaljunkie »

hi,
hm, missed this, link is dead... kudos to someone up for a reup...??? thanks!!!
I have been outta here for some time, maybe some folks remember me, maybe not...
Now back in the game here - I missed you - cheers