Hardest/most rare to find soviet vinyl?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Zombie Dance

Re: Hardest/most rare to find soviet vinyl?

Post by Zombie Dance »

I pretty much agree with the review, it's for completist and it's definitely decent. Even more than decent I'd say. I was very happy to finally find myself a copy few years ago.

Funnily enough I was in Kyrgyzstan last year on a trip for almost a month, and in the two things that you could actually call a "city" (namely Bishkek and Osh, as the country is 90% mountains and nomad tents), it is to this day impossible to find a single record store, let alone a single real "music store". So this one might be even rarer over there!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Interesting. What draw you to that part of the world? Business, pleasure or Metal?

I wonder if this might have been the very last "undiscovered" Soviet/post-Soviet Metal vinyl? Sadly, I'm guessing it was.
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

DaN wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:58 pm Interesting. What draw you to that part of the world? Business, pleasure or Metal?
I travel a lot for pleasure (and Metal if it's around!). I'm a horse-riding lover, nothing professionnal but I love it, and the Kyrgyz are the nomad people since centuries, they practicly learn to ride a horse before they learn how to walk. If you want a real horse trip, that's the place to go (I did 5 days straight over there.). It's also very cheap and open for tourism with almost no covid measures...

Probably one of the last yes, but there's still a lot of tape, reels, masters to be dug up and re-released by labels. I'm sure many unreleased albums are still to be discovered through one mean or another.