NORTHERN HAZE - Sinnaktuq LP 1985

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
Khnud

Re: NORTHERN HAZE - Sinnaktuq LP 1985

Post by Khnud »

DaN wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:42 pmLots of exotic/world/field-recordings were hoarded and I eventually made a sampler of it: https://www.discogs.com/release/1418710 ... re-Exotica
Ha! I'm totally slapping the "Unofficial Release" label on it now. :twisted:
J/k, would be interesting to hear it at one point in time.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

This is very decent album and right my alley at this period of time. I also agree with everything Administructor has written except the french vocals, but with special emphasis on almost being tricked into believing of "English" lyrics of "Nutaraq", thanks to triKITster. Im Pecker wood pissy mood I went into checking of Crucifucks, HR are on the list. Crucifucks sounds promising. Oh, and one track reminded of AXE/ FIST "SS Gyro" fame.
I am ... the One you warned me of
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:29 pm I went into checking of Crucifucks, HR are on the list. Crucifucks sounds promising. Oh, and one track reminded of AXE/ FIST "SS Gyro" fame.
They're certainly an acquired taste, but i'm glad you've liked what you've heard of them so far. Their Wisconsin album is probably the best place to start.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

bigfootkit wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:18 am
Noisenik wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:29 pm I went into checking of Crucifucks, HR are on the list. Crucifucks sounds promising. Oh, and one track reminded of AXE/ FIST "SS Gyro" fame.
They're certainly an acquired taste, but i'm glad you've liked what you've heard of them so far. Their Wisconsin album is probably the best place to start.
Here I was actually referring to one NORTHERN HAZE's track, regarding CRUCIFUCKS I started with debut and "Wisconsin" would probably be better place to start.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:04 am regarding CRUCIFUCKS I started with debut and "Wisconsin" would probably be better place to start.
Yeah, their debut is the very definition of 'a challenging listen' if you don't know what you're getting yourself into. :lol:
'Wisconsin' is far more approachable & has quite a metallic guitar tone in places like that Sabbathy riff at the beginning of 'Pig In A Blanket'.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:42 pm
doomedplanet wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:24 pm I don't know why, but somehow I am connecting with this:

Tracklist
A1 Dance depicts Kitigaluit Village at mouth of Mackenzie River NWT
A2 Dancers swirl and stamp about difficulties on river bank
A3 Celebration at dark times of year. Shake arms, stamp feet, think of good times ahead.
A4 Early morning on the land. Trapper wakens but decides to rest. Dancers stretch groan of such laziness.
B1 See ducks on the lake! They preen skip and soar. Dancers imitate motions.
B2 Hunter angry about his first musket-loading rifle. Aims, misfires. Motions of smashing musket against rocks.
B3 Prize seal caught. Dance rendered with motions of hauling, lifting to cadence of caribou skin drum.

cover.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/release/7628201 ... ern-Arctic
This reminds me of the the kind of oddities I used to pick up at flea markets in the 90's and early 00's. I was poor but still vinyl-dependant, and I remember how I kinda got a kick out of just buying dirt-cheap, weird, exotic albums, putting down the needle in the grooves and having no - idea - whatsoever as to what would come out of the speakers, other than that it would be about as far from any form of Rock Music I'd be confortable with. Kinda like musical bungy-jumping I guess? Lots of exotic/world/field-recordings were hoarded and I eventually made a sampler of it: https://www.discogs.com/release/1418710 ... re-Exotica
DaN, do you still have a copy of this transformed into mp3s perhaps. Other Lustfungus releases seem pretty interesting, too.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I should have the Misfits Of The Wave-series somewhere, but sadly I can't find a single copy of the "No More Exotica"-disc, not even the files :(
Will keep searching + check w/ friends coz I'd really like to revisit that one..