Rusted Metal (Book) & Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
borrel

Re: Rusted Metal (Book) & Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance

Post by borrel »

Available on Amazon Germany for 37.22 euro and on Amazon Netherlands for 79.73 euro :shock:
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Kostello wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:25 pm Is the book the real thing or an Amazon printed and binded version?
I was looking to get it from Amazon.de, but instead of NW Metalworx Books, the publisher appears to be Indy Pub (despite having the same ISBN as the "original" book)
Thanks!
It's of corpse the real book. Amazon are dealing with all kinds of books whenever the editor decides to want that.
And I think the price of approx. 40 Euro is fair for such a large book. Especially if you consider the years of work that the writers had invested. If I compare with similar books of that volume (Flex Hardcore/Punk guide f.e. = 50 Euro) it's either cheap. I just bought the "Heavy Metal in der DDR" book for also 37 Euro and it's not even half of the "Rusted Metal" and way smaller in size.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
msp

Post by msp »

Had my copy arrive yesterday. It is a HUGE fucker..
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

rm1.jpg
rm1.jpg (916.5 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
rm2.jpg
rm2.jpg (702.31 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
rm4.jpg
rm4.jpg (729.57 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

Prowler wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:14 am
Kostello wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:25 pm Is the book the real thing or an Amazon printed and binded version?
I was looking to get it from Amazon.de, but instead of NW Metalworx Books, the publisher appears to be Indy Pub (despite having the same ISBN as the "original" book)
Thanks!
It's of corpse the real book. Amazon are dealing with all kinds of books whenever the editor decides to want that.
And I think the price of approx. 40 Euro is fair for such a large book. Especially if you consider the years of work that the writers had invested. If I compare with similar books of that volume (Flex Hardcore/Punk guide f.e. = 50 Euro) it's either cheap. I just bought the "Heavy Metal in der DDR" book for also 37 Euro and it's not even half of the "Rusted Metal" and way smaller in size.
Yeah, by that logic Musil, Salinger, Marx(capital), Smith (Wealth of The Nations) etc should ask for a mansion in Key West for their masterpieces... :lol:

Btw, still waiting for info about the e-book. Hopefully it's in PDF format. It will be the 1st digital book I will buy. ( I already bought an mp3, Shy's masterpiece "Emergency" with my all time favorite verses sung by Michael Bolton).
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

GulliverFoyle wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:23 am
Btw, still waiting for info about the e-book. Hopefully it's in PDF format. It will be the 1st digital book I will buy.
I guess you did not contact James? Yes it is a pdf. Dirt Cheap for what you get.
borrel

Post by borrel »

Got my copy today, inmpressive is a word that springs to mind, huge book !!
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

borrel wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:47 am Available on Amazon Germany for 37.22 euro and on Amazon Netherlands for 79.73 euro :shock:

Dunno if Amazon owns German post but I hope you read that German post, in a typical German manifestation of greediness and giving a flying fuck for customer satisfaction, announced that there's a large volume of parcels in Frankfurt and they're sending them abroad with ship due to the lack of flights because of the pandemic (of course this is not in their official page, but rather in the web pages of other national posts). Yet, their greedy fookin business were accepting orders all the time resulting to that problem described above. I've been waiting 3 parcels with bike parts since early and mid October. Contrast this with dudes from other countries always checking to see if there's available airmail post in order to accept your vinyl orders or presenting you other alternatives... :roll:
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

doomedplanet wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:03 pm
GulliverFoyle wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:23 am
Btw, still waiting for info about the e-book. Hopefully it's in PDF format. It will be the 1st digital book I will buy.
I guess you did not contact James? Yes it is a pdf. Dirt Cheap for what you get.
Thanks for the info. I've decided to skip it for the moment, because I care the less for the 70's. I wished they covered a different time frame (1980-2020).
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

GulliverFoyle wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:04 pm

Thanks for the info. I've decided to skip it for the moment, because I care the less for the 70's. I wished they covered a different time frame (1980-2020).
98% of the coverage is 1980-1995. 70's overview is just to connect the past with the future(80's). Also 70's guys went on to be in 80's metal bands so this puts things in context. Calling it a 70's rock book is a mistake. It does not lean towards this. But it would have been a mistake to leave it out too. How could they cover TKO for example if they ignored their 70's history? TKO were a massive influence on the 80's metal underground scene for many of the Seattle bands.
alien laserblast

Post by alien laserblast »

Got my copy this week. Holy cow, it’s massive! Read the intro and I gotta ask, is there a version of TKOs “In Your Face” that doesn’t sound bad as the intro would suggest?
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

alien laserblast wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:52 pm Got my copy this week. Holy cow, it’s massive! Read the intro and I gotta ask, is there a version of TKOs “In Your Face” that doesn’t sound bad as the intro would suggest?
"In Your Face" sounds fine, excellent album.

there is this though:
tko.jpg
tko.jpg (150.24 KiB) Viewed 3601 times
alien laserblast

Post by alien laserblast »

Don’t get me wrong, I love IYF, but would be interested in hearing it without all the weird sound effects (even tho they do lend a certain charm). Thanks for the heads up!
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

Prowler wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:14 am
Thanks!
Thanks for the reply!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Took a chance on a Swe-Amazon pre-order and crosses my fingers they'll get more copies...