Norway Heavy Metal and Hard Rock Vinyls

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Re: Norway Heavy Metal and Hard Rock Vinyls

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Not mentioned yet:
Crosslight - Midnight Sun 7inch 1987
Pentagon - In Between 7inch 1987 -> this is a REALLY good one, I discovered it only recently and had a few copies but all are gone now. B-Side of this single features a Melodic Power Metal hymn par excellance called "Follow The Man With The Flag". Definitly worth to look for this little treasure.
Roquefire - The Island of Marat 7inch 1981

@leifkr:
Nice picture btw thanks for posting ! Quite a few that are still on my wants list :)
Is that CONSPIRACY at least half as good as it looks? Never heard/seen this.

Also I have heard rumors of Rough Justice existing on Vinyl, but I'm not sure if that's really true? Here is the link to the CD version:
https://www.discogs.com/Rough-Justice-D ... e/12060891
We praise the blood that metal brings
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Might it be time for a piece on the Norwegian scene a la the ole '707 inches of Swedish Steel' guide?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Is that ROQUEFIRE "Roll With Your Demons" LP worth hunting down? (I kinda liked the 7" for its crude weirdness)
Seems to be oop and quite pricey..
bigfootkit wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:07 pm Might it be time for a piece on the Norwegian scene a la the ole '707 inches of Swedish Steel' guide?
Apart from the fact (?) that the pure gems are few & far between I'll be happy to build & host it if someone else wants to do the writing & scanning :)
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:20 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:07 pm Might it be time for a piece on the Norwegian scene a la the ole '707 inches of Swedish Steel' guide?
Apart from the fact (?) that the pure gems are few & far between I'll be happy to build & host it if someone else wants to do the writing & scanning :)
Ah, i see. I was hoping that Norway might have had a comparable amount of quality nuggets to the Swedish scene, but i guess not. Maybe a more general round up of worthwhile Scandinavian Metal 45s (omitting Sweden) would make a more potentially fruitful topic?
I don't know how many times over the years i've read & reread that original '707 inches...' piece you wrote. Discovered loads of great music as a result. I can only guess at the amount of time & expense that must have went into it.
If i didn't say so before, thank you.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

bigfootkit wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:47 am
DaN wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:20 pm
Ah, i see. I was hoping that Norway might have had a comparable amount of quality nuggets to the Swedish scene, but i guess not. Maybe a more general round up of worthwhile Scandinavian Metal 45s (omitting Sweden) would make a more potentially fruitful topic?
I don't know how many times over the years i've read & reread that original '707 inches...' piece you wrote. Discovered loads of great music as a result. I can only guess at the amount of time & expense that must have went into it.
If i didn't say so before, thank you.
You're welcome, Kit :) Glad to hear it's been useful. The 101"-to-111" upgrade of that article is probably the most postponed project of The Corroseum - and not because of any lack of material, I just never seem to get around to it :oops:

Isten's Guide still covers the Finnish stuffs perfectly I think - there's plenty of gems there that deserves its own thread. For Denmark I can only think of 4-5 worthy titles, for Iceland... No idea. Another thread perhaps?
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:41 am You're welcome, Kit :) Glad to hear it's been useful. The 101"-to-111" upgrade of that article is probably the most postponed project of The Corroseum - and not because of any lack of material, I just never seem to get around to it :oops:

Isten's Guide still covers the Finnish stuffs perfectly I think - there's plenty of gems there that deserves its own thread. For Denmark I can only think of 4-5 worthy titles, for Iceland... No idea. Another thread perhaps?
Useful is an understatement. I think i'd heard less than 10 of the records featured the 1st time i read the article, but over the years i've been able to gradually hear the lion's share of the list. In a selection like that, of course, not everything is going to chime precisely with your personal taste, but overall the 'hit' ratio has been impressively high.
Any update to the original article, however long it may take to appear, will be eagerly devoured by yours truly.
Thanks for remindng me of Isten's Guide, that's the rest of my evening sorted! :D
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Equinox - Skrell 12" EP 90
Equinox - Nuh 12" EP 92

Dead Kennedys, AC/DC covers and some alternate versions in Norwegian
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

Kinda off topic, but I'm searching for Conception - The Last Sunset (I know the band was selling them lately, but the price was high) and Leprous - The Coal. Have some stuff to trade.
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

FYI, Nightsblood just added a review of the Conception debut.
fengisriprider

Post by fengisriprider »

I have the storm lp, only ok some heavy moments but mostly light rock. Didn't storm have a far superior 7" record that came before the lp that was recently reissued?
"Without the holy grail, only evil can prevail."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

fengisriprider wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:07 pm I have the storm lp, only ok some heavy moments but mostly light rock. Didn't storm have a far superior 7" record that came before the lp that was recently reissued?
It's a 10" re-ish of a demo. Good ol' Scanda-demo-Metal as I remember it...
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

OmenOfSteel wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:50 pm Pentagon - In Between 7inch 1987 -> this is a REALLY good one, I discovered it only recently and had a few copies but all are gone now. B-Side of this single features a Melodic Power Metal hymn par excellance called "Follow The Man With The Flag". Definitly worth to look for this little treasure.
@leifkr:
Nice picture btw thanks for posting ! Quite a few that are still on my wants list :)
Is that CONSPIRACY at least half as good as it looks? Never heard/seen this.

Also I have heard rumors of Rough Justice existing on Vinyl, but I'm not sure if that's really true? Here is the link to the CD version:
https://www.discogs.com/Rough-Justice-D ... e/12060891
Are you sure Pentagon is Norwegian? Never heard of that release. Got any further info? No, Conspiracy is pretty lame, from what I remember. I've also read the same about Rough Justice existing on vinyl, but I don't think it does. Only seen the CD.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

DaN wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:20 pm Is that ROQUEFIRE "Roll With Your Demons" LP worth hunting down? (I kinda liked the 7" for its crude weirdness)
Seems to be oop and quite pricey..
Still curious about this one... leifkr?
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Updated the list a bit, thanx for contributions. Came across a 7" of Ayers Rock when I searched for the german band for the guide. B-side is crap but the title track is Folkrockish Hard Rock, abit like The Hooters. (yes, I love Johnny B. :lol: )
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

DaN, the Iceland Metal/Hard Rock vinyls you can count on almost 1 hand.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...