CIRITH UNGOL - New Live Album

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
bigfootkit

CIRITH UNGOL - New Live Album

Post by bigfootkit »

"We have a live album coming out on Metal Blade Records.
It was recorded at Keep It True, Up The Hammers and at Hammer Of Doom.
It'll be out late 2018"

Robert Garven

And yes, Michael Whelan is doing the artwork!
Further details in this interview conducted with Garven & Tim Baker by Rock Hard Megazine:

[youtube]Ev1y0lu-hzM[/youtube]

Be (fore)warned though, Tim Baker's normal speaking voice may come as something of a shock if you've never heard it before.
I'd apparently imagined that because of his singing style he'd sound something like Bobcat Goldthwaite in the Police Academy movies, but in reality Deputy Dawg is a closer comparison. :shock:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
nightsblood

Re: CIRITH UNGOL - New Live Album

Post by nightsblood »

There's a new studio track available on bandcamp too

What, were you looking for a link?
I said it's on bandcamp.
Surely you wankers can find it yourselves.
Bloody hell, everyone wants a direct link to everything nowadays.
Back in my day, if you wanted to hear a new Cirith Ungol track, you had to wait a couple of years til they released an album, then drive to the nearest record store (uphill in both directions) and buy the album!
You kids stay off my Lawn(mower Death)!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

The new song is pretty good. The sound feels kinda strange for Cirith Ungol but the song itself seems pretty much out of the One Foot In Hell sessions or something. Tim Baker is still as good as always.
Being a "kid" myself, I'm gonna give you guys a link, and while I'm on it, make a picnic on nightblood's lawn :mrgreen:

https://cirithungol.bandcamp.com/
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

Nice! I have not talked to Rob in awhile, I should give him a yell and see if he has any advance copies of the record yet
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

The new song is killer.
Thankfully, the unique Ungol feel remains utterly untouched by the passage of time, and somehow Tim Baker's voice hasn't lost an iota of it's power & may actually be even better than it was back in the day. His vocal line around the 3 min mark had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up on end. Good job sir!
Likewise the unique Ungol 'lurch' when they switch tempos is present & correct. That's really difficult to do right & is a very individual little characteristic of their olde sound. I'm not ashamed to say that i actually cheered & threw the horns aloft when they did it in the new song.
Did any of us ever dare to imagine just a few years ago that we'd ever get to hear Garven's gong of doom reverberate again?
That their return has such quality is such a relief & a genuine thrill to me.
Ever since the Kings Of The Dead have arisen from the grave they've set the new standard for reunions.
No half-arsed under-rehearsed cash grab here, they've taken their time, been utterly meticulous in their preparation and absolutely delivered on every stage they've graced.
Now a perfect return to the studio too. Very classy.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Cochino wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:35 am Being a "kid" myself, I'm gonna give you guys a link, and while I'm on it, make a picnic on nightblood's lawn :mrgreen:

https://cirithungol.bandcamp.com/
You darn kids turn down that Metal Church racket- Real Men Play on 10!!! :mrgreen:
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Listening to the new EP right now. The new song is killer. Hope we get to see an album with new studio material soon, they sure still got it.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

A little later than anticipated, but i'm sure it's worth the wait.
Arrives October 25th.

The time has finally come for the kings of the dead to unveil their triumphant return to the masses! An expansive double-live album and multi-DVD package entitled I'm Alive, will be released worldwide on October 25, 2019 via Metal Blade Records. Capturing Cirith Ungol at the peak of their darkened, mystical powers before a rapturous crowd at the Up the Hammers festival in Athens, Greece, this recording showcases the magic and might of Cirith Ungol onstage. Its accompanied by additional full-length performances recorded at the Hammer of Doom (2017) and Rock Hard Festivals (2018) in Germany. For this monumental release, a special in-depth documentary spanning 2 hours in length was recorded. The documentary features exclusive interviews about the history and legacy of the band, as told by the current and original members.

[youtube]Utxzld2Z23k[/youtube]

https://metalblade.com/cirithungol/?fbc ... rXZb7l8trg
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

Can't wait to snag it. I have to give Rob a call anyway, maybe he can get me a sample copy
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Yeah, I'm probably gonna have to buy that
-Becky