The Rare Heavy Metal reviews archive - general updates

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
Ernest Thesiger

Re: 1895 old reviews have been added to The Corroseum

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

bigfootkit wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:42 am In order not to be too disturbed by it i try to tell myself that they're all queued up outside the window trying to muster up the courage to ask the little girl for a go on the bad-ass old school flying V that's lying on the couch.
*cackles*
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I'm fairly certain that is a toy stuffed cat in that basket. I believe that basket itself is one of those things for kids to put they baby dollies to bed in, like a mini plastic crib or something. If not then it is something to hold a cat litter box. Not quite sure, could double for both.
bigfootkit wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:42 am A question for those who own a copy, is that a black cat in the plastic basket type thing to the left of the girl's feet?
I know there are far more important questions to be asked about that sleeve, but that's something i've always wondered about for some reason & even the hi-res scan that accompanies the review doesn't answer my query.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Great reviews added. Keep them going :)
Long Live The Loud !!!
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Would love to see some more Eastern European full-lengths reviewed. The old STRESS-reviews are spot on, for example.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Spinal wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:40 pm Would love to see some more Eastern European full-lengths reviewed. The old STRESS-reviews are spot on, for example.
Psychic? You just foretold the next update :wink:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Reviews of Romanians ALTAR and SECRET added. Rips will be uploaded to Poisonoise tomorrow.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

doomedplanet wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:54 pm I'm fairly certain that is a toy stuffed cat in that basket. I believe that basket itself is one of those things for kids to put they baby dollies to bed in, like a mini plastic crib or something. If not then it is something to hold a cat litter box. Not quite sure, could double for both.
bigfootkit wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:42 am A question for those who own a copy, is that a black cat in the plastic basket type thing to the left of the girl's feet?
I know there are far more important questions to be asked about that sleeve, but that's something i've always wondered about for some reason & even the hi-res scan that accompanies the review doesn't answer my query.
AHa! Clarity at last! Thanks Rob.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

DaN wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:48 am Reviews of Romanians ALTAR and SECRET added. Rips will be uploaded to Poisonoise tomorrow.
Very cool stuff. That SECRET cover art reminds me of 1970s progressive rock aesthetics. Greenslade's self titled and "Bedsize manners...", etc.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:26 pm 7 new album reviews added, 4 more from Alan/nightsblood and 3 from me (I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize for all the bullshit in the Demon Eyes review - once I got started it was hard to stop).
HAZ-upload in progress as I'm writing this. Some music while you wait:

[youtube]HHdgySAwhCM[/youtube]
DaN, thanks to you & Nightsblood for inspiring me to revisit that Alkana record, i'd remembered that it was an above average LP for the era but had forgotten just how well recorded & produced it was.
I'm a little more forgiving of the more typical 70's sounding material than Alan, but his summation of the albums strengths & weaknesses are right on the nose. A revised running order could potentially earn the album an extra star by spacing out the 'hokier' tracks, but in doing so you'd miss out on the killer back to back combo of 'Paradise' & 'The Tower'.
What an overlooked little gem 'Paradise' is, i love the echoplex guitar & the busy rhythms on that one, dynamic & ambitious stuff.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Another batch of Nightsblood'y writings, this time with a NWOBHM 7"-theme:

[youtube]V5KogsB8U_s[/youtube]
BADGE
Love the rant of this one (...though for the record it's only the second time Schrodinger's Cat has been referenced in a Corroseum-review)

BADGER
[youtube]xFPZ7pou3NQ[/youtube]

CHARGER
[youtube]JC8EonaDpYM[/youtube]

CRUCIFIXION
[youtube]Wp7KVcdh4P8[/youtube]
[youtube]3thM7YXLvCw[/youtube]
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:05 pm Another batch of Nightsblood'y writings, this time with a NWOBHM 7"-theme
As usual, yet more entertaining insightful & very humorous musings, kudos to you Alan.
Just one small & very silly point of contention, i don't think you've given the critter on Charger's sleeve it's due, as "dragon-horse chimera" doesn't quite tell the whole story. What about that spiny head/neck fan/ridge? To me, that's pure sea-monkey.

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Nightsblood have been adding another 3 reviews to the archive. I've mentioned Big Daisy in another thread, but you also get BATTLE AXE (US) and CLIENTELLE.

(I eventually decided to NOT bump the old Bad NWOBHM-thread for the sake of Clientelle...)
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

Maybe besides letter and country, making it browsable by year would also be helpful?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Maxim wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:51 pm Maybe besides letter and country, making it browsable by year would also be helpful?
That wouldn't be too difficult to set up I think... If I see a +1 from another member or 2 I'll start working on it.
ARC

Post by ARC »

+1