Flexi Discs

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
borrel

Flexi Discs

Post by borrel »

I recently bought a couple of flexi discs at a second hand store and wondered if there are any people out there who also buy or collect these. I know there are some bands who exclusively released some singles on this format, I also know that the sound quality on these is, lets just say, average at best. Curious if people collect these. Cheers, Rob
GulliverFoyle

Re: Flexi Discs

Post by GulliverFoyle »

I have some flexis from Crowley, Belzebul, Eliza, Loesome Crow, Zinc Alloy, X Japan - Kurenai, Bellzlleb, Terra Rosa, Hellen, Ageless, Cry-Max, Zadkiel , Saber Tiger,Hurry Scuary, you name it!Love 'em all!
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Flexis were mostly a Japanese thing, right?
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

I have a handful, mostly promos from way back in the 80's. I have a White Wolf, Grim Reaper, Black N Blue and a few others I think. They had a clear plastic "vinyl" on a cardboard backboard with a band graphic, at least the few I have do...
GulliverFoyle

Post by GulliverFoyle »

Cochino wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:17 pm Flexis were mostly a Japanese thing, right?

Probably yes. And the vast majority of the ones I have wasn't/isn't(?) available in other format yet.
Another lonely night, another no name town
it starts to look the same, it starts to bring me down
so many promises you knew I'd never keep
I'll make it up to you, baby, don't give up on me
borrel

Post by borrel »

The ones I have are all promos I believe apart from the Znöwhite one, I have Anvil, Motörhead, Grim Reaper, Inner Rage and a lot of those freebies given away with magazines (Kerrang, Sounds etc) Seems to be mostly a Japanese thing yes.