Bands/albums similar to ADRAMELCH's "Irae Melanox"?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
vasilis2112

Re: Bands/albums similar to ADRAMELCH's "Irae Melanox"?

Post by vasilis2112 »

[youtube]e959X6Jh8Mo[/youtube]
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

Herkus Monte wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:24 am Syberian band Contr Act sounds somewhat similar to Adramelch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpn-K2GiM14

But you'd have to listen to the whole album you make up your amind about that.
More than Adramelch, I think this sounds like russian / eastern european metal, which isn't bad at all! Great discovery, is the rest of the album as good as this track?
vasilis2112 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:58 pm [youtube]e959X6Jh8Mo[/youtube]
And as great as this album is, it reminds me more of Helloween than anything else (which is obviously good).
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Chafe wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:59 am Didn't even knew about the existence of Croskill and it sounds fantastic!! Any idea where can I get a good rip of it? Looked on google and soulseek and only found 128 kbps mp3 (which isn't ideal at all).
It is possible I can make a new good rip since I have the lp, do you have anything you can offer in a trade that is worth the energy right now to do it(I have little energy to spare lately). send me pm in the meantime.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

doomedplanet wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:37 pm
Chafe wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:59 am Didn't even knew about the existence of Croskill and it sounds fantastic!! Any idea where can I get a good rip of it? Looked on google and soulseek and only found 128 kbps mp3 (which isn't ideal at all).
It is possible I can make a new good rip since I have the lp, do you have anything you can offer in a trade that is worth the energy right now to do it(I have little energy to spare lately). send me pm in the meantime.
PM'd.
Razanez

Post by Razanez »

vasilis2112 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:58 pm [youtube]e959X6Jh8Mo[/youtube]
I am really amazed! Glorious song! If some of you have this (tape of cd) for trade, please send pm 8)
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Razanez wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:00 am I am really amazed! Glorious song! If some of you have this (tape of cd) for trade, please send pm 8)
The whole album is glorious, but not an easy find. Check out this thread for more info: http://thecorroseum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8564
vxn123

Post by vxn123 »

There is no band with similar sound to ''Irae Melanox''. The sound in that album is so unique.
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

I don’t know how we forgot to mention it since it is the most obvious resemblance!
Irae Melanox singer Vittorio Ballerio and later Adramelch guitarist Fabio Troiani participating should be enough!
Anathema released a demo that I am aware of called Salem Lunacy in 1989. I now see in metal archives they had another one in 1988 that I’ve never heard of. I would love to at least listen if anyone has it!
They play a similar style to Irae Melanox but a little harder. To my ears and to the (metal archives reviewer too) it sounds like Irae Melanox #2! Majestic!
Enjoy!

[youtube]03OQb8VsmxQ[/youtube]

[youtube]TVYefsxh4SQ[/youtube]

[youtube]ViFYWkr0CPs[/youtube]

[youtube]Zz7dtk_Hm4U[/youtube]

[youtube]UEZrVM8qxTw[/youtube]
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Awesome! Can't wait to hear it. Thanks for sharing, Vasilis.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Oh yeah, definitely VERY Adra-ish. Great too. There seem to be an earlier demo as well. For those who read Italian:
https://thecorroseum.org/fanzines/large ... -03-11.jpg

OnT: SEXIT and TEGEN HART each bear similarities to Adramelch - in their own separate ways I should add...
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Thanks DaN, those were really spot-on recomendations! This is why I love this site - I'd never ever bump into that SEXIT LP elsewhere and if I did I'd probably pass it by anyway "thanks" to the cover art.