Rare Videos/Clips

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Cochino

Re: Rare Videos/Clips

Post by Cochino »

Nice! I had never seen that one. Black Virgin is such an underrated band.
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
borrel

Post by borrel »

borrel

Post by borrel »

borrel

Post by borrel »

Raven live 13-03-1982, Gouda, the Netherlands

https://www.facebook.com/mark.oosterwij ... 75781/?t=0
Last edited by borrel on Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Stumbled across this old '80s documentary about a UK biker gang the other night and was surprised to find Runestaff making an unannounced appearance. They perform their sub-Demon 'theatrical' stage-show at a biker's funeral wake towards the end, around the 33:38 mark.
The docu is actually worth seeing in it's entirety. It makes the UK biker lifestyle of that time look pretty humdrum & rather tame when compared to their U.S. or Australian counterparts. Most of the bikers i met back in the day were utter lunatics though, so maybe the BBC just chanced upon a particularly sedate bunch, or they were on their best behaviour because of the presence of the cameras.
Whatever the truth, the footage is often unintentionally funny or utterly cringeworthy, but all these years later it's a nice time capsule from a bygone age.
Also of interest from a Corroseum standpoint, I believe the guy in the doc called 'Tramp' is the very same fella immortalised in Motörhead's 'Iron Horse (Born To Lose)'.
"Tramp and his stallion, alone in a dream, Proud in his colours, as the chromium gleams"

40 Minutes : The Outcasts (1985)

[youtube]lrh59uSja4E[/youtube]

Roaring through the streets in dirty denims and leather, The Outcasts present a menacing appearance to the respectable folk of East Anglia. Theirs is an alternative world of wild parties, arrest and sudden death. This film shows a group most people would cross the street to avoid. It's a life which borders on the edge of society and the law, but one which is governed by strict rules and traditions.
There are two faces to The Outcasts. One exists in the pounding of heavy metal music and the exhaust fumes of powerful customised motorbikes. The other lies in the day-to-day grind, where even Outcasts have livings to earn, children to feed and bills to pay. (BBC synopsis)
Last edited by bigfootkit on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Yet another vintage biker documentary comes up trumps! Whilst watching the thankfully brief 1979 amateur documentary 'The Moon Rally', who should appear as the headline band at the rally's finale but Accrington NWoBHMers OXYM!
Unfortunately, the footage itself was silent with just a dull narration over the top, so i added the studio version of 'Mind Key' & some stills of the band in action in an attempt to make it a more worthwhile watch.
Keep an eye out for some exuberant bikers down the front indulging in some synchronized 'looning', a once-familiar, but now long-gone audience participation 'fashion' amongst gig goers in that era. It's probably as close as the world ever came to experiencing Oxym-mania. The only other filmed example i can recall seeing of this arcane practice was in footage of an old Thin Lizzy (or possibly Status Quo) gig from the 70s which i caught on youtube years ago. I believe it was also sometimes known as 'idiot dancing', the reasons for which are plain for all to see.
If your steel is indeed true, i expect you all to have learned how it goes in time for next years KIT. :lol:

OXYM : Live At The Moon Rally 1979 - Mind Key

[youtube]PmXm09E15tI[/youtube]
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
borrel

Post by borrel »

Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Brilliant video, thanks for the heads up. The facebook player was acting up for me but here's a youtube version in case anyone else has the same problem
[youtube]1cCT6eEqOFs[/youtube]
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

[youtube]RKL3Uh_dbKs[/youtube]
Knowledge Is Power
borrel

Post by borrel »

rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

The youtube function isn't working properly...

Never heard (before some days ago) about this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eB6XWhIFVU&t=175s
Knowledge Is Power
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

That's fucking great! Never heard of that band. Dad Metal, literally.

[youtube]7eB6XWhIFVU[/youtube]
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

VAMPIRE SPUNK MERCHANTS FROM HELL

[youtube]3MIXW6N0c7c[/youtube]
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
borrel

Post by borrel »