80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
Zanker

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post by Zanker »

Lama wrote: Haha, Dan even had to use a 'duvelke' to get them to the car :D !
A "duvelke" to push or one to drink? :D
Lama

Post by Lama »

Zanker wrote:
:D ! Well, he definitely 'pushed' some 'drinks' down his throat!
Kampel Destruction
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

I see a stack of Blackthorn mag there! Is #7 included? Hope there's a priority on putting that one up, if so! :shock:
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Lama wrote:
Zanker wrote:
:D ! Well, he definitely 'pushed' some 'drinks' down his throat!
Haha..i bet he did! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

otcmetal wrote:I see a stack of Blackthorn mag there! Is #7 included? Hope there's a priority on putting that one up, if so! :shock:
"BLACKTHORN # 1, 4 - 8" says my inventory list, so yes, hopefully (at work now). I'll make it a priority then :)
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

DaN wrote:
otcmetal wrote:I see a stack of Blackthorn mag there! Is #7 included? Hope there's a priority on putting that one up, if so! :shock:
"BLACKTHORN # 1, 4 - 8" says my inventory list, so yes, hopefully (at work now). I'll make it a priority then :)
Thanks, Dan. That's awesome! Too much great stuff in that pic.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

That zine picture just made my brain melt down.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

DaN wrote:The First Six
Incredible...Thanks a million Dan!!!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote:The First Six
F..k, I'll faint.
I am ... the One you warned me of
humus

Post by humus »

Haha, my village is being called a backward hamlet in the Flemish countryside in that French written magazine.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

humus wrote:Haha, my village is being called a backward hamlet in the Flemish countryside in that French written magazine.
Denderhoutem? Metallysee fest was there? KInda cool. Around my place there was a lot of metalheads, living in "small backwater" villages, LOL. Bcs, there wasn't much more than small backwater villages, after all.

This Steel Shock zine is quite killer. I suggest you take time to read Iron Angel interview. I don't understand everything, but context I do. What a finale. :D
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Yeah, that Steel Shock issue was all coolness. Too bad I hardly understand a word of French. Would love to see a translation of the HELL-interview. Maybe it's time to play around with some images-to-text software? Combined with a good translation app the possibilities are endless...
humus

Post by humus »

Noisenik wrote:
humus wrote:Haha, my village is being called a backward hamlet in the Flemish countryside in that French written magazine.
Denderhoutem? Metallysee fest was there? KInda cool. Around my place there was a lot of metalheads, living in "small backwater" villages, LOL. Bcs, there wasn't much more than small backwater villages, after all.
Yeah, although in all honesty I live one village away from Denderhoutem. I pass by the venue quite often when I go running. They did some hardcore shows there maybe ten years ago, but that was the last 'metal' activity there.
For some metal trivia, Metallysee originated in a pub very close to where I live now, in the early 80's. They started doing shows there and soon started with shows in all possible venues nearby. I guess this region was the best possible place to live for underground gigs in the golden days, together with the southern part of Holland.
By the time I started listening to metal in the late 90's everything had died down.

By the way, I think an automatic translator would have problems with the Hell article because the French that is used is quite 'advanced'. If I find some time I'll translate it.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

humus wrote:
Noisenik wrote:
Yeah, although in all honesty I live one village away from Denderhoutem. I pass by the venue quite often when I go running. They did some hardcore shows there maybe ten years ago, but that was the last 'metal' activity there.
For some metal trivia, Metallysee originated in a pub very close to where I live now, in the early 80's. They started doing shows there and soon started with shows in all possible venues nearby. I guess this region was the best possible place to live for underground gigs in the golden days, together with the southern part of Holland.
By the time I started listening to metal in the late 90's everything had died down.

By the way, I think an automatic translator would have problems with the Hell article because the French that is used is quite 'advanced'. If I find some time I'll translate it.
Ah, merci beaucoup J. :D