New bands playing REAL oldschool 80's thrash !!!!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
deathster

Post by deathster »

MUST MISSA from Estonia.
Give it a chance:
http://www.mustmissa.com/
Crows In Black

Post by Crows In Black »

sovdat wrote:I'm searching for new bands with at least something of their own, which still do music with the 80s feel - not the horrible rip offs like Fueled by Fire etc. or black-thrash bands - any recommendations?
You know I agree with you about the rip off comment....Im just learning of all these "new" retro-thrash bands and it seems a lot of them are all from the same area in CA, but Ive notcied that aside from Merciless Death, most of them are just ridiculous.....sorry to say but they a lot of them look and sound like a joke. Its like they think "lets all buy Vulcano and Exumer shirts and wear reebok high tops and suddenly we'll be a REAL thrash band" It just seems like some kind of fad or some shit. Maybe its just that Merciless Death and a few other good bands started out and everyone else just copied them.

Anyway, i would recommend the SPEED KILLS AGAIN comp, it has 2 songs from a bunch of different new thrash bands, the vinyl just sold out but I think Joel from Toxic Holocaust still has some copies you can buy from his myspace page, or you can just sell out and buy the CD! :lol:
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

omen of hate wrote:I've bought the MERCILESS DEATH "Evil in the Night" CD this morning.
It's great !! 100 % 80's Thrash !!
YES, YES, YES! The best nu-thrash by a mile! Americans doing it Euro-style!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:I'm searching for new bands with at least something of their own, which still do music with the 80s feel - not the horrible rip offs like Fueled by Fire etc. or black-thrash bands - any recommendations?
Maybe try EVILE (UK)
http://www.myspace.com/evileuk

They used to be a Metallica cover band, so I hope we don't have another Trivium on our hands :cry:
& it's produced by Flemming Rasmussen, so I guess it has a similar tone to Metallica & Artillery??!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Funny, the more I listen to that "revivalist" sounds, the less I like it. Merciless Death sound quite poor to me, yet they still seem to among the best. I am little dissapointed in general. Only "rawness" is aped and even that not in original way. Heavy and NWOBHM admirers sound more decent.
Last edited by Noisenik on Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am ... the One you warned me of
expect no mercy

Post by expect no mercy »

LIVING NECROCITY,a an old tribute band to DEATH.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote:Funny, the more I listen to that "revivalist" sounds, the less I like it. Merciless Death sounded quite poor to me, yet they still seem to among the best. I am little dissapointed in general. Only "rawness" is aped and even that not in original way. Heavy and NWOBHM admirers sound more decent.
You put my prejudices into words. Now it will take even longer for me to actually give these bands a chance :?

So where's the Thrash-equivalent of HELVETETS PORT then?
Helm

Post by Helm »

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I heard some MUNICIPAL WASTE stuff a couple of days ago and i must say it sounded pretty cool. Not totally original, the good riffs and the passion were there for sure though.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

peterott wrote:...Assault, Death Smell, Disaster, Miserycore, Nimrod, Necropsia, Torform and a zillion others from Chile
Nimrod are from the 80's, their demo Time of Changes is AWESOME!!!!!!

Some actual bands of thrash and speed metal:

Brazil:
Farscape
Wardeath
Slaver
Selvageria

Chile:
Patecabra
Bad Joke
Orion
Metal Genocide
Evil Madness
Metastasis
etc!!! (if you want to get material of chilean bands get in touch with me!!!!)

Colombia:
Chainsaw Killer
Legacy

Paraguay:
Overlord (now they splitted up and they play in a band named THE FORCE)
Violent Attack
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Chafe wrote:Patecabra
Yes! El horror is good filthy shit.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
tearitup1234

Post by tearitup1234 »

I highly recommend Avenger of Blood from Las Vegas, NV. Their new cd Death Brigade comes out next month.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Just got the "Speed Kills... Again" comp LP and I must agree w/ Nenads' opinion of MERCILESS DEATH. They try oh so hard to do everything right and all they get from me is a shrug of shoulders.

More cynical comments on the other featured acts to come..
Crows In Black

Post by Crows In Black »

tomas wrote: Execution (you can find them on myspace in the friendlist of merciless death)
Sorry to anyone that likes them but I think this band is a fucking joke
IF YOU ARE FALSE DO NOT ENTRY, OR YOU WILL BE BURNED AND DIED
otakon

Post by otakon »

DaN wrote:Just got the "Speed Kills... Again" comp LP and I must agree w/ Nenads' opinion of MERCILESS DEATH. They try oh so hard to do everything right and all they get from me is a shrug of shoulders.

More cynical comments on the other featured acts to come..
thats what i think too, about how they seem to try so hard to be 80s thrash. it just sounds forced to me... i have only heard the tracks on myspace anyway and im just not bothered with buying the CD.