Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Khnud

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2016)

Post by Khnud »

Criticizing people because they choose to show their purchases but don't rip & share everything so that everyone else can hear the albums for free doesn't exactly encourage me to participate on this forum. Who knows what reasons Prowler has for not sharing everything he buys? For one thing, considering the amount he adds to his collection weekly, ripping it all would take quite some time.

Avenger, do you rip/share/post track listings of everything you purchase on this forum? If not, I don't think you're in any position to criticize Prowler for not doing it either.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Khnud wrote:Criticizing people because they choose to show their purchases but don't rip & share everything so that everyone else can hear the albums for free doesn't exactly encourage me to participate on this forum. Who knows what reasons Prowler has for not sharing everything he buys? For one thing, considering the amount he adds to his collection weekly, ripping it all would take quite some time.

Avenger, do you rip/share/post track listings of everything you purchase on this forum? If not, I don't think you're in any position to criticize Prowler for not doing it either.
There's a gross over exaggeration here. Asking for a track list and rip of a single compilation to be submitted to not even myself, but someone else that would clearly appreciate the effort as a contribution to what has become a main feature of the website is drastically different than "everything he buys".

Not only that but I've seen other members make requests in the past and he's simply ignored them outright. I may be an ass but if someone wants to hear something that I'm able to provide, I'll gladly do so when time permits because without providing the ability for someone else to discover something they have interest in makes this website basically pointless.

Secondly, I don't see what relevance "free" has to this. I'm willing to bet prowler purchased the record from a private seller anyway so it's not like any of the artists or the label that released this are making something at any point of the transaction. However, this has been discussed here before so if you want to continue we should probably do so in the corresponding thread.

There was a time when all the vinyl guys complained that the forum was only about CD matrix numbers. At least we were sharing the requested information to further educate those that had interest. It seems that the vinyl crowd doesn't like to do the same but rather attempt to keep rarities a secret as a form of dick measuring. This was the case for many years with stuff like Far East and Metal Merchant. It serves no real purpose. I'm personally not impressed when someone owns a record that I don't even know is Metal or not because of how few have actually heard it.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

If I remember right Prowler used to upload some rare stuff occasionally in the past, but stopped at some point because people (or me alone, can't recall) told him that most of that stuff had nothing to do with metal or something to that effect. He was clearly offended - not an uncommon thing for this forum I might add.
Anyway, to be honest, the photos are nice to look at. On the other hand, it doesn't bother me one bit if I don't get the chance to listen to everything on them through this forum or any other way, because probably most of the unknown ones would either stink or won't be metal at all, no matter what the owner is telling us.
The lack of contribution to the features of the main site may have many explanations. Keeping the info for yourself could be one of them.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

ION BRITTON wrote:If I remember right Prowler used to upload some rare stuff occasionally in the past, but stopped at some point because people (or me alone, can't recall) told him that most of that stuff had nothing to do with metal or something to that effect. He was clearly offended - not an uncommon thing for this forum I might add.
Anyway, to be honest, the photos are nice to look at. On the other hand, it doesn't bother me one bit if I don't get the chance to listen to everything on them through this forum or any other way, because probably most of the unknown ones would either stink or won't be metal at all, no matter what the owner is telling us.
The lack of contribution to the features of the main site may have many explanations. Keeping the info for yourself could be one of them.
Yeah, I remember that. I think I then as well as some other members went on to suggest non-Heavy Metal Poisonoise in the Land Of Mystery, but idea wasn't adopted. I am still pro this feature, however, and with the same conditions as the major one. I, too, agree that these pictures are fun to watch. Prowler had also provided German Metal Fighters tracks (Vebrifuge, anyone) among other things. It's all posted for anyone (above 25 posts) to see. And I'm thankful to him as well as to others who posted anything over the years. Btw. the forum will soon have 11th BD.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

STORMTROOPER - Pride Before A Fall LP anthology on High Roller

Great RUSH-like NWOBHM with utterly killer bass work. I had the Still Comin Home 7" already (which is an above average piece of UK metal) but in no way I was expecting godly and epic stuff like "Battle Of The Eve" or "After Battle"
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Astra Wally wrote:STORMTROOPER - Pride Before A Fall LP anthology on High Roller

Great RUSH-like NWOBHM with utterly killer bass work. I had the Still Comin Home 7" already (which is an above average piece of UK metal) but in no way I was expecting godly and epic stuff like "Battle Of The Eve" or "After Battle"
I'm sold. Will check it out asap.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

Nightcrawler wrote:
johnnysteel wrote:Got some nice German stuff recently...
Looks cool, how does that Destroyer sound like?
Destroyer is great!!! It's pre Vampyr (Cry Out For Metal!)...same singer and maybe same guitarist too. More of a classic metal feel to it than the Vampyr stuff. Really cool for sure, and mega rare. I'm told only 100 copies pressed, and apparently the band destroyed most of them as they weren't pleased with the end product. :roll: :twisted:

I don't know if your familiar with the two singles in that picture, but those are both great as well. The Fancy reminds me a lot of the first Mendes Prey 45.

Zombie Dance wrote:How's that Asmodina? Looks pretty cool.
Absolutely KILLER. I've heard from a few people lately who don't like it too much, but I think it's great. Almost like a German Mercyful Fate. The whole EP is on YouTube if you wanna hear it.
OmenOfSteel wrote:
johnnysteel wrote:Got some nice German stuff recently...
oh WOW nice score, congratz !
Thank you man!!!! It's been a real good year so far. I didn't think I'd ever be able to top last year's insanity as far as the sheer amount of mega rarities I managed to track down, but I think I'm gonna be damn close this year. Hope you're doing well these days!
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Astra Wally wrote:STORMTROOPER - Pride Before A Fall LP anthology on High Roller

The album is incredible indeed! The band was way too progressive and immensely heavy at the same time, excellent stuff worth checking out.
Never trust the Goblin King....
MercenaryÖfMetal

Post by MercenaryÖfMetal »

Trigger wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:

The album is incredible indeed! The band was way too progressive and immensely heavy at the same time, excellent stuff worth checking out.
It is amazing, one of the reasons I've attended this year Brofest. Their live show it's outstanding, incredible musicians!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

finally!
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I think the only reason for Avenger to appear here on this forum is to harrass people CONSTANTLY and playing the police.
Wasn't there even an open letter to him posted here once?
So what the hell is his problem? He prohably hasn't much to say at home and needs to do it elsewhere ... that's my opinion seriously.

However, I do not have a problem to share info, cover scans or rips. People who have ASKED me in the past (even here on the forum) will confirm that and against Avenger's opinion I need to say I've given usefull info about certain obscure compilations (just look into the thread if you can read). If Dan would have asked me to help him with any needed info I wouldn't hesitate at all, BUT he NEVER asked. That's the point. I do not run after people and getting on their nerves just the way Avenger does. If you have a problem with me Avenger then just get out of my way and ignore me just like I ignore the brainless farts coming from your side. It's just hard to ignore him because he can't even recognize that someone ignores him and you keep on making trouble ALL THE TIME. That's your only fun I think, to come here for harrassing people that you don't like.

Furthermore what wrong with Kill My Anachronism? :wink:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

That open letter was from "Bane" and echoed quite a lot of people's sentiments....Image
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Prowler wrote:finally!
how much was that Crystal Zone? I once saw it in Roman's k/l for 500€ if I remember correctly.

The Law? What they sound like? They seem to be quite expensive. Worth the price?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Prowler wrote:I think the only reason for Avenger to appear here on this forum is to harrass people CONSTANTLY and playing the police.
Wasn't there even an open letter to him posted here once?
So what the hell is his problem? He prohably hasn't much to say at home and needs to do it elsewhere ... that's my opinion seriously.

However, I do not have a problem to share info, cover scans or rips. People who have ASKED me in the past (even here on the forum) will confirm that and against Avenger's opinion I need to say I've given usefull info about certain obscure compilations (just look into the thread if you can read). If Dan would have asked me to help him with any needed info I wouldn't hesitate at all, BUT he NEVER asked. That's the point. I do not run after people and getting on their nerves just the way Avenger does. If you have a problem with me Avenger then just get out of my way and ignore me just like I ignore the brainless farts coming from your side. It's just hard to ignore him because he can't even recognize that someone ignores him and you keep on making trouble ALL THE TIME. That's your only fun I think, to come here for harrassing people that you don't like.

Furthermore what wrong with Kill My Anachronism? :wink:
I'm disappointed that it took you 18 days to come up that. Or were you hoping I wouldn't notice?

Either way, you're entitled to an opinion regardless of what fantasy it may resemble. In case you haven't noticed, Dan is quite inactive since starting a family and the Corroseum projects often have contributions from many different users. It would be quite easy for a single guy to miss an album in a thread full of every record you purchase but you know how the saying goes about excuses... That aside, you still haven't addressed the other comments made regarding the subject. I know it's easy to single out only me because I'm the big bad Avenger but there are other valid comments left unaddressed from other users still...

Regarding the open letter thread, that was like 5 or 6 years ago. If you're stuck living in the past outside of the musical landscape that seems like a personal issue. If I recall correctly that bane guy blew up, raged, called me a bunch of childish names and then quit posting. The odd part was I can't even remember having a difference of opinions with him at any point prior to that. I guess he just couldn't handle the internet. Technology isn't for everyone I suppose.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
loxx

Post by loxx »

Avenger wrote:I guess he just couldn't handle the internet. Technology isn't for everyone I suppose.
Ehh, I'm gonna regret it tomorrow, it's the heat, weather, bit alcohol, whatever.

You could have just let it be, but no, further internet drama. Let me tell you: Prowler is longer in this game and much better at it than you.The only reason you still stand here is: he and many more are not interested in arguing that much (well, anymore). You are probabaly a nice guy but you haven't contributed even 5% of what Prowler(or his othe nickmanes) did in the past regarding rips and infos. So, just let it go uncommented pls.

@Noisenik: The Law is shitte, huge pile of. On the LP there are maybe 2 decent trax, if you can listen to them ironically. Literally it's just cocky hard rock garbage, totally forgettable.
Ole corro member posted my low soounding rip a loooong time ago here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VPLvJbmyKQ
Enjoy! It won't get better! :lol:
There was a boot or maybe a legit vinyl reissue some years ago, for an unknown reason...