Most wanted official cd re-issues?

...and all CD issues goes here.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Coven - Worship New Gods is coming via out arcane heavy metal master Tim and Shadow Kingdom Records. All hail to Tim for this because this is one of the albums that really need a proper reissue.

As for some albums that would be cool for reissue material (the collectors will kill me for this): Lazarus Sin - Intracranial Mass (a proper CD reissue), Purgatory - Tied To The Trax, Airwolf - Victory Bells and of course Dark Age - Dark Age. Dragonne would be a cool reissue too. Not to mention many people would love to see to the first Jag Panzer album reissued (and the EP and I would add the second Satan's Host album on CD too!).

I second the notions for Lester Maddox and Virtue reissues. Maybe even some kind of Shock Tilt reissue?
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

Zdan wrote:Coven - Worship New Gods is coming via out arcane heavy metal master Tim and Shadow Kingdom Records. All hail to Tim for this because this is one of the albums that really need a proper reissue.
Just checked it out. Awwwwwww hell yeah, members of Coven and Shadow Kingdom both get my total respect. Can't describe how grateful I am, soon I can also ditch my nasty Hot Metal Records bootleg. :D
only the heaviest weather available
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zdan wrote:I would add the second Satan's Host album on CD too.
"Midnight Wind" is boringly terrible in my opinion.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Avenger wrote:
Zdan wrote:I would add the second Satan's Host album on CD too.
"Midnight Wind" is boringly terrible in my opinion.
I actually goofed in my original post - I meant of course the first Satan's Host album on CD. I also find the second one boring.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Herkus Monte

Re: Most wanted official cd re-issues?

Post by Herkus Monte »

Since recently I have decided to switch to CDs exclusively I wouldn't mind acquiring properly made official releases of the following albums:
Gotham City - The Unknown
Thruster – M.I.A
Hades – Entre La Fuego y Cruz
Excess – Melting Point
Pallas – Queen of the World
Credo – Paying for Everything
Missió – 1
Mephisto – s/t + In Search of the Lost Refuge
Vanguard – V
Commander – High and Mighty
Tyton – Mind Over Metal
Legend – From the Fjords
Street Child – Street Child
MC Blade – Step into the Light
Winged Messenger – Guardian of Eternity
Wise Man - First Warning

Plus, obviously, some old demos are most welcome too, for instance that Glacier tape from 1988 (looks like it was not added to the official reissue of their EP -and it should!).
Last edited by Herkus Monte on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Herkus Monte wrote: Thruster – M.I.A
Apart from the earlier CD-r (https://www.discogs.com/Thruster-MIA/release/7439554), the band supposedly made another 2012 silver pressed CD reissue, but I never met anyone that actually had a copy of it, nor the band ever replied to my persistent efforts to buy it. However, my feelings weren't hurt :lol: and I still urge my pal Manos from Cult Metal Classics, to get in touch with them in order to have their material properly reissued. I don't know if there is any positive outcome yet, nevertheless I'm not too optimistic.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Gotham City is a no-brainer. An anthology CD/double CD would be perfect for that - from Stormspell or High Roller.
fengisriprider

Post by fengisriprider »

Witch (SWE)
Thuderway (ALB) - The Order Executors, can't find the tape anywhere and cd vinyl would be nice!
Cleveland Metal bands Single collections and Demos of all hard to find expensive singles that I can't afford.
Mercenary (CA) - Both demos on one would be nice only have nice cassette dub of first demo from a friend of the band
Laughing Dead (CA) - If this hasn't been done yet then I hope its in the works great demo band!
"Without the holy grail, only evil can prevail."
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

This one on CD wouldn't harm either;
[youtube]r6d4zi-vtw4[/youtube]
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Priamos wrote:
Herkus Monte wrote: Thruster – M.I.A
Apart from the earlier CD-r (https://www.discogs.com/Thruster-MIA/release/7439554), the band supposedly made another 2012 silver pressed CD reissue, but I never met anyone that actually had a copy of it, nor the band ever replied to my persistent efforts to buy it. However, my feelings weren't hurt :lol: and I still urge my pal Manos from Cult Metal Classics, to get in touch with them in order to have their material properly reissued. I don't know if there is any positive outcome yet, nevertheless I'm not too optimistic.
I wasn't aware of that, but it looks like we can agree that this reissue is as good as non-existant.
Does your friend know why that Glacier CD does not contain any additional tracks? You know, rereleases almost alway include bonus songs and in this case we're dealing with a really outstanding demo which was ignored for some reason.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Herkus Monte wrote: Does your friend know why that Glacier CD does not contain any additional tracks? You know, rereleases almost alway include bonus songs and in this case we're dealing with a really outstanding demo which was ignored for some reason.
There is no mystery in this. The label had contact and agreement only with the band members of the EP. Obviously CMC couldn't get the consent of the other members involved, for the reissue of the demo material as well.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Priamos wrote:
Herkus Monte wrote: Does your friend know why that Glacier CD does not contain any additional tracks? You know, rereleases almost alway include bonus songs and in this case we're dealing with a really outstanding demo which was ignored for some reason.
There is no mystery in this. The label had contact and agreement only with the band members of the EP. Obviously CMC couldn't get the consent of the other members involved, for the reissue of the demo material as well.
The boss is always there for you:

https://www.discogs.com/Glacier-The-Wri ... se/6596252

It doesn't sound too bad, surprisingly. I doubt the (superior) demo tracks will sound any better in any official future release.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

Priamos wrote:This one on CD wouldn't harm either;
[youtube]r6d4zi-vtw4[/youtube]
I'm with you on this one, that demo kills
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

That demo sounds amazing. I second this totally!