Worst Metal Bandnames

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

SLEEZE BEEZ
MUCKY PUP
:(
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Dizzy Bitch. 'Orrible looking album cover too.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

Squealer
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

FuneralCircle wrote:I love the name CLOVEN HOOF!!! :wink:
Fuckin'ell YEZZ! One of the greatest Metal Band Names ever come to think of it..

No one mentioned Spaniard thrashers FUCK OFF yet? (need that debut LP btw..)

And yes again, LUNATICS WITHOUT SKATEBOARDS INC. is a horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE name for a band for oh so many reasons..
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote: And yes again, LUNATICS WITHOUT SKATEBOARDS INC. is a horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE name for a band for oh so many reasons..
Yes although i have not heard their album.The bandname is horrible it reminds some nu-metal/mallcore bandnames or some Anthrax inspired bands :evil:
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

BestialLust wrote:Squealer
Yep, shit!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
DaN wrote: And yes again, LUNATICS WITHOUT SKATEBOARDS INC. is a horrible, Horrible, HORRIBLE name for a band for oh so many reasons..
Yes although i have not heard their album.The bandname is horrible it reminds some nu-metal/mallcore bandnames or some Anthrax inspired bands :evil:
Yeah, that Anthrax type of connection sickens me too. One of the worst non-metal bandnames ever.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

BATHTUB SHITTER
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Corimngul

Post by Corimngul »

Noisenik wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:
mordred wrote:ANTHRAX.
What's next? Pneumonia? Astma? Tubercholosis? Hepatite C? Herpes?

If I ever for a band, I'm gonna call it Njursvikt.
Good one :lol:

There are lots of Norwegian BM bands that have extremely silly names. Styggmyr and Liklukt off the top of my head. Monty Python could easily do "The Department of Silly BM band names" sketch.
Erm, what do that three words mean? Likluft, Njursvikt and Styggmyr?
Likluft = "Corpse air" - At first I thought that it refers to the air left in the system after death, which can later be exhaled producing some strange and unsettling sounds. However the much more logical and probably correct interpretation would be that certain smell you get around rotting corpses.

Njursvikt = Kidney failure

Styggmyr = Nasty mire (In Norwegian the word 'stygg' is closer to mean 'ugly', while the Swedish word rather means 'naughty'/'bad' etc. Since 'nasty' works in both languages, and sounds a lot better translated, that what's I've used.)
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Korgüll wrote:BATHTUB SHITTER
That name's ace! It made you laugh, didn't it? Good band as well, with the voxist's chimp screams and all.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Corimngul wrote:
Noisenik wrote:Erm, what do that three words mean? Likluft, Njursvikt and Styggmyr?
Likluft = "Corpse air" - At first I thought that it refers to the air left in the system after death, which can later be exhaled producing some strange and unsettling sounds. However the much more logical and probably correct interpretation would be that certain smell you get around rotting corpses.

Njursvikt = Kidney failure

Styggmyr = Nasty mire (In Norwegian the word 'stygg' is closer to mean 'ugly', while the Swedish word rather means 'naughty'/'bad' etc. Since 'nasty' works in both languages, and sounds a lot better translated, that what's I've used.)
Thank you for answer, Corimngul. I couldn't even hinted. I'd go for Likluft or Styggmyr, if it would be still available. Njursvikt sounds quite realistic to me. More Hard Core than Metal.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Corimngul

Post by Corimngul »

mordred wrote:ANTHRAX.
What's next? Pneumonia? Astma? Tubercholosis? Hepatite C? Herpes?

If I ever for a band, I'm gonna call it Njursvikt.
Asthma is taken actually.

Another theme I was thinking about was the chemical elements. Surprisingly many bands associate with the light metals (I mean, why would you want to call yourself Lithium? Ok reaction to water, sure, but I don't find it very metal at all), then there are the obvious radioactive and noble metals:

Hydrogen
Helium
Lithium
Boron (though in all honesty, this Czech band probably didn't take the name because of chemistry)
Carbon
Nitro
Neon
Natrium (that's Sodium for the English of you)
Magnesium
Silicon
Phosphoros
Argon
Titanium
Vanadium
Chrome
Iron's been used a lot
Zinc
Arsenic
Krypton
Zirconium
Rhodium
Palladium
Silver's been used a bit
Xenon
Osmium
Iridium
Platinum
Gold's been used
Mercury's been used
Thallium
Lead
Radon
Radium
Thorium
Uranium
Plutonium
Curium

When looking in a wider chemistry theme, there's even more to find: Steel, caustic, acid etc. Even computer game minerals like Tiberium exist.

Uhm, probably was a bit off topic.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Funny that lotsa gases get credit with Metal-bands names. Hydrogen, neon, xenon, krypton, radon ... probably because of fancy syllables or negative / evil / harmful / dangerous connotations. If one would be strict even iron would be omitted from the list as it may not be heavy enough metal.
Last edited by Noisenik on Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Noisenik wrote:Funny that lotsa gases get credit with Metal-bands names. Hydrogen, neon, xenon, krypton, radon ... probably because of fancy syllables or negative / evil / harmful / dangerous connotations..
Or maybe 95% of these elements words are of Greek or Greek origin... :wink:

Just out of curiosity why don't you look how many percentage of Metal band names derive from Greek words or of Greek origins?I am sure you will be surprised. 8)
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Korgüll wrote:BATHTUB SHITTER
That name's ace! It made you laugh, didn't it? Good band as well, with the voxist's chimp screams and all.
Ive only heard one song from them, their WITCHFINDER GENERAL cover. :D